Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

g_maxgameclients Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Headshot (old) Icon

Posted 16 May 2004 - 08:43 AM

Does this work the way it's supposed to? It says in my server config that it will only allow as many people to actually play as is set, no matter how many are in the server.

I tried to get this too work to keep the lag down on laneway, by limitting the allowed players on each side to 5. It didn't work. Before long both sides were full and laggy as he..... Is this something that can't be controlled by the mapcycle.txt? I was hoping to get it to switch for certain maps, then switch back.

#2 User is offline   Aarsbuds0r (old) Icon

• LocationNetherlands, The

Posted 16 May 2004 - 01:49 PM

You have to set that value before more people are actually on that team. Otherwise, it wont work.

#3 User is offline   Mav (old) Icon

• LocationGreenwood, Nova Scotia, Canada

Posted 16 May 2004 - 06:00 PM

g_maxgameclients is the total number of people who can enter the GAME, g_maxclients is the total number of players able to CONNECT to the server. I think your misunderstanding the two, cause maxgameclients won't stop people from actually connecting to the server.

As for it going into the mapcycle, not sure of how to do it, but it should be possible seeing you can change gametypes. Couple points to ponder thou, if your server has 16 maxclients and it's full then you switch to a map you only want 12 playing on. If you all od a sudden keep 4 random players from playing and are forced to spectate, you'll find those 4 players drop and move on, eventually word gets out, and server dies.

#4 User is offline   Headshot (old) Icon

Posted 26 May 2004 - 11:55 PM

You have to set that value before more people are actually on that team. Otherwise, it wont work.

I wondered about that. The only time I was able to test it was with 14 players from the last map. Already more than allowed at start. Is it possible to add an rcon command or ref command in the mapcycle.txt also, to force spectator on start for client id's 11, 12.....? That way I could move the last 4 players to spectator when the map starts. Ahhh but then they would be spectators until ref changed them. Hmmm? Maybe kick is required. People are always getting kicked from a server and go right back. :- )

Any suggestions here would be great. I want to limit the size of teams on laneway2 and pg3-27 in my mapcycle.

I'm not worried about losing extra players from the server while laneway is on. I think more are lost because of lag anyway. I have noticed the game does ok with 4 or 5 to a team. Much more and it gets bad. This way I could keep it bearable, and allow specs to watch and maybe be first to get in if someone leaves.

#5 User is offline   Aarsbuds0r (old) Icon

• LocationNetherlands, The

Posted 27 May 2004 - 12:58 AM

I realy dunno how... sowwy.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942