Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

UrT crashes under Ubuntu - SOLVED Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Somtin (old) Icon

Posted 08 April 2007 - 09:05 AM

Hi,

I have downloaded UrT, and installed it. I made a shortcut, ran it and it worked nicely. Urban Terror popped up, with the small intro screen, and then the menu pops up. The game now freezes, playing the first sound of some music over and over again, forcing me to kill it. It doesn't seem to crash to hard either, because I dont need the -9 in the kill. I'm using quake3, quake3 and other mods work fine, including the older UrT, enemy territory, tremulous, and world of padman.(some standalones based off quake3)

TIA
Somtin

#2 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations
  • Account: woekele

Posted 08 April 2007 - 03:27 PM

Strange, wop uses almost the exact same code. Must be some .wav or animation file in UrT that causes your PC to go crazy :P I dunno a fix to be honnest.

It works fine in my ubuntu by the way.

#3 User is offline   HoboHumpinSlut (old) Icon

Posted 08 April 2007 - 03:56 PM

does it work when connecting directly to a server (ie. passing +connect on the commandline)?
does it happen with both, idq3 and ioq3/ioUrT?

#4 User is offline   Somtin (old) Icon

Posted 09 April 2007 - 12:48 AM

I havn't tried using the ioquake3 engine - I'll try it now.. Woo! ioquake3 with UrT works good. :)

Thanks!

#5 User is offline   crhylove (old) Icon

• Locationsan diego

Posted 10 April 2007 - 01:52 PM

UrT repeatedly crashes if you use beryl.  Or it least it does for me.  Just turn beryl off for a second (switch to metacity in the beryl manager right click options), and then when you are done with UrT, turn it back on... enjoy.

rhY

bullet_loaderAdvertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.urbanterror.info/members/donate/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942