Urban Terror Forums: ut4 doesn't work without original quake, hunk_alloc error - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

ut4 doesn't work without original quake, hunk_alloc error Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   phantom784 (old) Icon

Posted 10 April 2007 - 07:07 AM

I installed ioquake3, and then extracted the urban terror files to the /usr/local/games/ioquake3 directory.  If pak0.pk3 from the quake cd is installed, then i can go in quake and then go to ut4.  However, i can't get it to start without pak0.pk3, which should be possible, since it's stand-alone now.  How do I do this?

Also, when I did get in by copying pak0.pk3, whenever i'm about to get in a game, i get a "hunk_alloc failed" error followed by some really big number i can't remember.  any way to fix this?

#2 User is offline   bofh (old) Icon

• Locationut4_oblivion

Posted 10 April 2007 - 10:08 AM

Change your hunkmegs of memory. Like in q3config.cfg seta com_hunkmegs "256"

#3 User is offline   HoboHumpinSlut (old) Icon

Posted 10 April 2007 - 12:06 PM

ioquake3 checks for pak0.pk3 specifically. that is one of the adjustments woekele did to ioUrbanTerror, so i suggest you use that instead of vanilla ioquake3. regarding the hunk_alloc thingy, there are numerous threads dealing with this.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942