Advertisement
  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

SPAS lag ?! - What the f'k Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   PatientZero (old) Icon

Posted 16 April 2007 - 08:28 AM

I only use the SPAS when I've picked up someone else's, but I've noticed for a long time that I'll lose a few frags (i.e. lag) when someone fires a SPAS at me. Now, with 4.0 I'm finding that nearly every time I'll also lose the hit information.

For example:

Oswald hit Darkness in the Body
PatientZero hit Oswald in the Arms
PatientZero was killed by Oswald with a SPAS

Notice that I died without seeing a message about being hit again by Oswald. With 4.0 this now happens every time as far as I can tell over the past few days of playing. In older versions I saw this only a few times. But in both I experience the dropped frames. I always assumed it had to do with the SPAS firing many separate "bullets" at once, but with fast CPUs and networks that seems a bit silly of an explanation.

Sorry, I can only offer anecdotal evidence. That doesn't help dev/QA much. Oh, I still play with Q3 -- haven't tried IO yet.

#12 User is offline   cYan (old) Icon

Posted 17 April 2007 - 02:03 PM

I only use the SPAS when I've picked up someone else's, but I've noticed for a long time that I'll lose a few frags (i.e. lag) when someone fires a SPAS at me. Now, with 4.0 I'm finding that nearly every time I'll also lose the hit information.

For example:

Oswald hit Darkness in the Body
PatientZero hit Oswald in the Arms
PatientZero was killed by Oswald with a SPAS

Notice that I died without seeing a message about being hit again by Oswald. With 4.0 this now happens every time as far as I can tell over the past few days of playing. In older versions I saw this only a few times. But in both I experience the dropped frames. I always assumed it had to do with the SPAS firing many separate "bullets" at once, but with fast CPUs and networks that seems a bit silly of an explanation.

Sorry, I can only offer anecdotal evidence. That doesn't help dev/QA much. Oh, I still play with Q3 -- haven't tried IO yet.

What he said is exactly the same i experienced all the time.

#13 User is offline   D33P_FRI3D|poop (old) Icon

• Locationeither at my pc or my gravitational device o(^_^)o

Posted 17 April 2007 - 04:56 PM

well i'm a downright spas whore pardon my French but i use it everyday with every gun setup and i have noticed sometimes i hit for like 85 damage and then like 5 followed by my death at the hands of a noob with a negev i think it hits so random i mean i hit for like 5 5 5 5 10 25 one round and i am closer to the person for the low number ones maybe i'm too close?
next round it is like 70 and then 30 boom someone complains about how cheap it is. is there a problem with it hitting consisently or completly missing at close ranges cus sometime i hit for 100 damage one shot others like i said 25 5 5 5 5

HOLLA

#14 User is offline   L3mMinG (old) Icon

Posted 21 April 2007 - 02:41 AM

I have to confirm this, I didnt have this problem during QA testing, but last night on uptown with 10 ppl I had the same thing

So does it happen when fps drops heavily ? (just that uptown with 10 people gives lots of people problems and I noticed the drop gets even worse when you're spamming spas pellets which each generate particles and smoke)

#15 User is offline   Kabal Icon

• Account: kabal
  • Main tag: ]$[

Posted 21 April 2007 - 10:54 AM

when it happened to me it wasn't related to fps drop

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   StrayCat (old) Icon

Posted 21 April 2007 - 07:44 PM

Deep_fried I notice that sometimes too where it feels like you aimed 2 shots exactly the same place, and in the log it says so and so was hit in chest for 25 then hit in the chest for 5... I agree how's this possible? The only thing I can think of is the spas has pellets, and each pellet that hits is prolly 5percent
or so, so the spread on the 1st shot hit the guy with say 5 pellets = 25 percent damge, where the spread on the 2nd shot may have been a little wider, for reasons such as movement or lag or something and only 1 little pellet actually hit the guy so it hits for 5%. I dunno if this is right but it does seem to have some damage problems at close range. It might be possible that the 2nd shot you may be too close and your gun sticks through the model only allowing 1 or 2 pellets to actually hit and the rest go behind the guy.  If you walk up to someone and put your de in their face as close to them as you can get your gun goes through their head and the shot clears them and hits the wall behind.  Anyway I think this is accounting for some of these low numbers.

#17 User is offline   z00m Icon

• Account: z00m

Posted 11 March 2013 - 11:54 PM

we run UrT 4.1.1 upon debian squeeze and see SPAS-induced lag in each map. very annoying. any ideas ?

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942