Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Newb needs help with map conversion Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   busychild (old) Icon

Posted 01 July 2007 - 08:37 PM

Hello out there!

I'm brand spankin' new to urban terror mapping but I have made a couple of cs:s maps in the past.  My problem is that I have the .bsp and .vmf files of my older counterstrike source map and I want to know if I there is a way that I can edit this map for urban terror.  I have tried to decompile the .bsp to a .map that can be opened in radient with no luck as of yet.  The original .bsp was made in the valve hammer editor.  When I tried to open the .vmf of my cs:s map in hammer, it won't let me as it now only opens .map and .rmf.    Is there any way for me to get this map going for urban terror?  I hope all my work has not gone to waste...

Thanks!

#2 User is offline   tub (old) Icon

• Locationut_abbey

Posted 05 July 2007 - 02:25 PM

I don't really know hl/cs mapping that well, but assuming the .vmf file is a map you'll want to open it in the old worldcraft editor then export as a .map file.

Now having said that you're going to have issue with the scale of a map made for cs in urban terror. Everything will be either too big or too small, and there isn't a real easy way of fixing that.

So it's not likely that you'll be able to use your previous map in urban terror. I wouldn't go so far as to call that work a waste though. Coming up with a design, choosing the correct textures etc is the hard work. I've found that it's normally pretty easy to recreate a map after you've already made it. And even if you don't do that, every map you make you learn from. Even if you don't release it.

#3 User is offline   Shminkyboy Icon

•   former FS member   
    Mapper
  • Account: shminkyboy

Posted 05 July 2007 - 11:06 PM

F1

#4 User is offline   Zex_Suik (old) Icon

• LocationArizona

Posted 07 July 2007 - 06:58 AM

hey busychild,

you can consider me new to this as well. I codesigned a few maps many years ago but want to get back into it. Hang out #urbanmappers or #desrat on irc.enterthegame.com and we can go through some pains together.

If you have a problem and can't find a ready solution or tutorial and eventually work your way through it, give a thought to posting it in the urtwiki at desrat.com

Peace

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942