• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Wich Weapon should i choose ?

#11 User is offline   NewJack (old) Icon

Posted 30 April 2007 - 10:35 PM

lr + silencer + laser + vest + pistol = pro loadout :)

anytime you say vest, thats not pro...

m4 + silencer + laser + Medkit for extra speed and accuracy + retta...thats pro

#12 User is offline   Oswald (old) Icon

• LocationWishin' I was in SoCal

Posted 30 April 2007 - 10:40 PM

Makes perfect sense, if you are a skilled gamer then you should be able to be successful with any weapon, even if you favor one on a regular basis

#13 User is offline   PatientZero (old) Icon

Posted 30 April 2007 - 10:55 PM

I used to use LR exclusively and switched to AK for the past few months, but with 4.0 I switch around a lot more. My mainstays are the LR (M4 if many others are using it so I can get ammo), G36, and Negev. I choose one based on the map and will occassionally switch mid-map if I'm just not feeling it or want to try something different.

If you pick one weapon and stick with it, you'll get fairly good with that weapon. However, if you try out the others, I find that you'll improve even more. Using the AK or pistols (lower rate of fire) will improve your overall accuracy. You could also set your auto for semi to learn not to hold down the trigger. Try for short bursts, but I find I still drift back into holding it down in hectic fights if I don't pay attention.

Try both pistols to see which fits you better. The fun part of the game is the variety and nuances in the weapons. But using them all makes you better when them individually.

#14 User is offline   AKGRIZZLY (old) Icon

• LocationAlaska

Posted 01 May 2007 - 12:53 AM

One thing I might add to this thread is that it really matters who your playing against.  If your in a session with a consistent group you will learn who is doing better against you than others, along with what gear and tactics/style they use.  If someone kills you ten times with an auto, then picks you off with an sr8 out of nowhere, pay attention to the fact that he changed up on you and adjust.

Personally it works well for me to counter what particular gear/style I am up against.  If I'm fighting a skilled sniper I'll charge/flank/kill with an auto, if I'm losing the auto spam fights for whatever reason I may change up to a scoped weapon.  If I'm on a bloody arse tearing rampage I'll switch to a baretta, and start the run with the pistol until I use up the ammo, then switch to a secondary auto, then a primary auto in order to maximize the lethality of my run. 

There are really a lot of factors to consider and several different ways of looking at those factors.  Environmental factors make a big difference.  Pick a home server with a group of regulars you can get on well with and learn the map cycle.  Make tactical adjustments based on an order of priority, like first what sort of map is it, then how many people are in-game, then how is my lag at the moment, then who is doing better/worse than you and why, etc etc yadda yadda you get the point. 

As always, make fun your priority.  :wink:  :-D :-D :-D

#15 User is offline   StonedLemming (old) Icon

• LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 01 May 2007 - 02:42 AM

In CTF, a lasered DE and Sr-8 suffice for me, i usually just pick the secondary of some dead guy, if your a TS player, just take a LR, like the rest of em.  :-D

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   StrayCat (old) Icon

Posted 01 May 2007 - 04:35 AM

I haven't touched the lr since 4.0's come out.

#17 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 01 May 2007 - 01:32 PM

and meditation.

#18 User is offline   NewJack (old) Icon

Posted 01 May 2007 - 06:31 PM

m4 negev sr8.....sametime

#19 User is offline   fraterm (old) Icon

• LocationPflugerville, TX

Posted 01 May 2007 - 08:23 PM

The G36 is an all around go to weapon, great as some have mentioned on Riadh for people (like me) who don't really dig nor are all that good at sr8 sniping.  I see the psg as a trainer sniper for me, I like its rate of fire, but it has a sharply lower damage value than the sr8.

The UMP used to really bug me, but I've come to grips with how it works in the game, and really value it.  It has a much lower rate of fire than the mp5k, but seems to do quite a bit more damage, and a nicely lower spread on auto (see rof),

Once I forced myself to cycle through weapon loadouts after getting bored of my safe G36 swiss army knife they all bring their own nice characteristics to how you play and shoot.  Getting out of a weapon rut for me and getting used to a new style of play brought on by the fact that the weapons have radically differerent  :evil: characteristics (strengths and weaknesses) is one of the strong points of this game, try em all feel the weight and all that!

#20 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 01 May 2007 - 10:13 PM

i don't see g36 as an 'all around' weapon, it has specific usage, i can't exactly define it but it's something like a "mid/close-range sniper". psg is like a "mid/long range sniper". sr8 is the long range sniper. close up kills with the sr8 are to show off :roll:. in 100% accuracy sr8 is the best, but then again, in 100% accuracy sr8 is the best of ALL weapons, so i don't think that should be a reason to take it all the time.

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.frozensand.com/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942