Advertisement
  • (5 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Wich Weapon should i choose ?

#21 User is offline   StrayCat (old) Icon

Posted 02 May 2007 - 01:11 AM

Have you guys ever taken the G36 and used it just like an lr?  Don't use the zoom at all, run around with it like an lr, it's deadly. rof is a little slower but it really doesn't make a difference. 

After going a map without using the zoom, start using the zoom a little bit on the next map and you will be suprised how good of a gun it is at all ranges.  Some people use the zoom way too much, I guess their afraid they will miss, but come on it's an auto after all.  I could use this gun without ever touching zoom, it's just a nice feature when you need it.

If you ever played halo they have a BR (battle rifle) that reminds me a lot of the g36. It's basically the best auto in the game as it should be.  I'm glad the g36 gives the lr a run for it's money now, unlike the lr dominated 3.7. Nice change, like the old days.

#22 User is offline   C.I.S (old) Icon

• LocationFlint Town

Posted 02 May 2007 - 01:34 AM

Talking about halo2s rifle, can a script be made to switch to semi-auto when zoomed and full-auto when not zoomed with the g-36?

#23 User is offline   StrayCat (old) Icon

Posted 02 May 2007 - 01:47 AM

That's an interesting question C.I.S.  I don't think you can bind specifically -weaponmode semi- I think it would cycle through the 3 weapon modes.  But there may be a way to do it, if there is I'd definately use it, I go semi auto all the time.  Semi with a silenced AK is great fun too.

#24 User is offline   dborg (old) Icon

• LocationGermany

Posted 02 May 2007 - 02:16 AM

Have you guys ever taken the G36 and used it just like an lr?  Don't use the zoom at all, run around with it like an lr, it's deadly. rof is a little slower but it really doesn't make a difference.

Sure I did. I think it sucks and makes a lot of difference. :P How can you say it doesn't make a difference; when every kill counts, the slow ROF is a huge drawback. The LR/M4 is extremely deadly in close combat and this is where the G36 falters since it is just not fast enough. At least against opponents with helmets. ;) I like the G36 and would pick it more often if I could play it the same way as my M4, but I can't.

#25 User is offline   StrayCat (old) Icon

Posted 02 May 2007 - 02:26 AM

Well ok, it's a matter of opinion.  I pull positive ratio's with it against people with lr/m4's I don't find the slower rof slow enough to really hinder it's performance. I also carry a spas and if you're close enough then I'm not using the g36 anyway. To each his own.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#26 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 02 May 2007 - 02:39 PM

g36 is still higher range than lr/m4. it's usually beaten in close ups. they should still have higher damage per second too (which isn't that great in reality, but in close ups is).

#27 User is offline   RahX (old) Icon

• LocationPaducah KY

Posted 07 May 2007 - 11:42 PM

I've been going without a secondary sometimes too, but I always tend to pick up a near empty secondary off the dead guys. :lol:

Though in CTF it does work pretty well, not something I'd recommend for TS though.

#28 User is offline   kramer (old) Icon

Posted 14 May 2007 - 02:40 AM

They are putting a noob friendly sticker on the G36 for 4.1.

#29 User is offline   Headshot (old) Icon

Posted 15 May 2007 - 07:22 AM

All noobs should definitely use the lr300. You can spam across a map and get headshot after headshot. No need to aim. The lr is definitely a noob gun.

Regardless of what others might say, helmets save lives, and when playing with experienced UrT players, you would be wise to wear one, and a vest.

#30 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 15 May 2007 - 03:36 PM

lr for spam is old news. take negev with silencer and see the light.

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942