• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Whats the point of the PSG1?

#21 User is offline   xfact0r Icon

• Account: xfact0r
  • Main tag: p4*

Posted 18 May 2007 - 10:08 AM

(...)
I agree the PSG1 is underused as ive never actually seen a good player using it effectively, its living in the shadow of the SR-8 it seems.. ah well..

Time to dig that old Steyr-Aug model for 4.1/4.2 then... :lol:

#22 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 18 May 2007 - 12:37 PM

As long as people claim opposite facts as the truth, it must be fairly balanced. ;)

yeah, i'm sure the minority of neo-nazis show nazism is fairly balanced.

#23 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations
  • Account: woekele

Posted 18 May 2007 - 12:59 PM

You're saying neo-nazis are people?

#24 User is offline   NewJack (old) Icon

Posted 18 May 2007 - 04:34 PM

i used the psg yesterday, like i said i would for the whole night, I was able to kill with it, but it to me felt that the shots seems to have a nasty recoil causing me to shoot slower, to be accurate, and there seemed to still be a movement penalty. I normally play on 69thsf TS server which i love and hit very well on, when i use sr8 or m4/lr, im normally ontop of the leader board, with the psg ump setup, i found that i did well enough to compete but it was not the normal 2:1 ratio i normally get. dont know what it is about the gun but it just doesnt seem to shoot straight. i hope they do a little tweaking to its accuracy when moving. With the sr8 with MP i hit more then when im moving with psg, i think the 5 bullet clip is plenty of ammo, i was getting 2 kills a clip at times on some occasions, it just appears that something is missing, not sure what it is but lets hope it is tweaked out

#25 User is offline   Sxott (old) Icon

Posted 18 May 2007 - 08:38 PM

i used the psg yesterday, like i said i would for the whole night, I was able to kill with it, but it to me felt that the shots seems to have a nasty recoil causing me to shoot slower, to be accurate, and there seemed to still be a movement penalty. I normally play on 69thsf TS server which i love and hit very well on, when i use sr8 or m4/lr, im normally ontop of the leader board, with the psg ump setup, i found that i did well enough to compete but it was not the normal 2:1 ratio i normally get. dont know what it is about the gun but it just doesnt seem to shoot straight. i hope they do a little tweaking to its accuracy when moving. With the sr8 with MP i hit more then when im moving with psg, i think the 5 bullet clip is plenty of ammo, i was getting 2 kills a clip at times on some occasions, it just appears that something is missing, not sure what it is but lets hope it is tweaked out

The psg1 just isn't a serious gun at the moment so ignore it.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#26 User is offline   thnom (old) Icon

Posted 19 May 2007 - 01:16 AM

I had a go with it today.  I'm normally straight sr-8 and if I'm having a bad day I just look through all the weapons.

I started off 4-0 but then quickly plummeted then went back to the old faithful.  It's just not worth taking two shots after you've perfected the sr-8.  I find arm and leg shots with the sr-8 well annoying, but EVERYTIME, ugh.  I learnt the sr-8 with the PSG, practising sniping and shooting on the move, but apart from that learning tool and help make the curve a little easier to ride - its just not worth it.

#27 User is offline   TrueScope (old) Icon

Posted 19 May 2007 - 01:08 PM

I know im a little late with this reply, but ive been too darn busy to keep up with everybody.

IMHO, psg-1 is a very fun gun. Isnt that the point of playing? For fun. I'm not saying that the psg-1 is more fun than SR8. I can honestly say that ive never got two shots in a row on the same guy with the SR-8. Two shots in a row is common with my PSG-1. Sometimes, and i promise its not my aim, SR-8 misses. That can be fatal. 5 rounds in the p-shooter means i never miss my target  :evil: Its about equal to me. Both guns have ups and downs.

Just i think the p-shooter has become sorta, taboo. People boost its only for noobies, something to train on until you're good enough for the SR-8. I admit the only reason i stopped using P-shooter was because of that very reason. Now, from time to time i like to whip it out just to look cool killing with it. In my mind i see people's jaw's drop everytime i own a TDM game with it. Thats just me tho. I do good with any gun UrT has, i think thats because im just out there having some fun.

#28 User is offline   D33P_FRI3D|poop (old) Icon

• Locationeither at my pc or my gravitational device o(^_^)o

Posted 19 May 2007 - 05:55 PM

psg allows you jump shots and silencer so in same situations it could have some uses,but i still stick with sr8.

once was really nice for sniping non-kevlar users: was funny to see uptown jumpers bleeding almost instanty and cursing cuz of a chest hit.
now that a torso hit isn't lethal,i consider psg just a nice picture in the weapons selection menu.

I totally agree it is the dumbest weapon on the list and why can u now bandage from a chest shot or 2 hits to the chest with lr300 or the like and wut is up with getting rid of the Plinker all together maybe get like another sniper rifle like the scout from cs bolt action 2 hit to frag if on the chest 3 with legs?
prolly gonna get flamed for this but we

#29 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations
  • Account: woekele

Posted 19 May 2007 - 06:19 PM

prolly gonna get flamed for this but we

[me=woekele]lays the flames upon poop.[/me]

Posted Image

#30 User is offline   Oswald (old) Icon

• LocationWishin' I was in SoCal

Posted 19 May 2007 - 08:21 PM

yeah lets remove all the weapons and just go boover...would make our lives much simpler

• (10 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.frozensand.com/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942