• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Urban Terror 3.4 Release

#1 User is offline   Oswald (old) Icon

• LocationWishin' I was in SoCal

Posted 02 April 2004 - 09:59 PM

It is out and available and yes we know the sky in Sanctuary is fuxored. BBQ is fixing it. Give us your thoughts...

#2 User is offline   Roadkill (old) Icon

• Locationroyal.stockholm.se

Posted 02 April 2004 - 10:16 PM

Hehe, besides that skybox I feel slightly uncomfortable with the M4 sound, but that is a personal preference and something I might get used to (just as the PSG sound which I didn't like in the beginning).

Other than that I haven't noticed anything, it seems solid to me. :)

gg!

#3 User is offline   Texas Gore (old) Icon

Posted 02 April 2004 - 10:31 PM

Well, first impressions are good. Just finished an hour and a half or so CTFing...

Casa - new lighting and routes - very nice imo
Casa - new flag positions - seem ok, but only time will tell I guess

Docks - new passage between U-shaped tunnel and Fish factory should prove interesting, giving another alternative path (kinda) to/from either flag
Docks - new lighting + textures(?) - maybe just me but the whole map seems much more atmospheric now

Algiers - new flag positions - imo an extreme improvement. They seem far more balanced for both teams now

Sanctuary - seems a much bigger map. Should be excellent when the sky is fixed :)

New weapon sounds - people will either love 'em or hate 'em. For me, they are good.

There *maybe* a bug in the half-time swap, where players are disconnected with the error message "A reliable command was cycled out" OR it *maybe* a dud cycle on the servers I have played on.

[Edit]

Seems to be those servers cycles at fault

[/Edit]

One thing (a tad off-topic) I have noticed on not only 3.4 release, but previous releases also - lag and hit issues (as well as graphical issues) are greatly reduced and even removed when the servers are restarted with the new versions. A specific example of the graphical issues (some may recall a post I made regarding this a while back) is the animations of flames in the barrels (Docks, Golgotha etc.). Seems to be an issue with Q3A where certain buffers fill and stop getting updated. A simple server restart (not a reboot, but a stop server and restart) resolves the problem. Check this thread. So, if you are suffering a little more lag than usual and notice the flaming barrels are not animated, the server need a restart. Note to server admins: Restart your servers regularly please. This will improve players enjoyment and keep your servers filled ;)

Back on-topic, lookin' good SID, many thanks and -=GG=- :D

#4 User is offline   lgda (old) Icon

• LocationFrance | Toulouse

Posted 03 April 2004 - 05:33 PM

If you aren't on windows you have to download 3.0 3.1 3.2 3.3 3.4 ...
You should make a .zip file and not a .exe for the full 3.4. :D

#5 Guest_OziOn

Posted 03 April 2004 - 05:49 PM

Try and read the latest news post on www.urbanterror.net again.

"We are providing a full .zip (428MB), a full installer (414MB) courtesy of AphexTwin..."

"The full zip will be made available later today."

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   lgda (old) Icon

• LocationFrance | Toulouse

Posted 03 April 2004 - 05:55 PM

Right sorry :)

But they are late :P

#7 User is offline   Kr0m Icon

•   former FS member   
    Lead Forums Administrator
  • Account: kr0m

Posted 03 April 2004 - 06:35 PM

GJ SID (too bad about the sky in sanc though, minor fix). I find myself using the m4 more now. Thanks! :D

#8 Guest_Annihilator

Posted 03 April 2004 - 08:13 PM

All in all, a pretty good release. Good work SID 8)

#9 Guest_OziOn

Posted 03 April 2004 - 08:26 PM

But they are late :P

Hehe, well... :)

#10 Guest_QwertyG

Posted 03 April 2004 - 11:12 PM

For Casa the Blue flag in CTF needs to be moved up, badly, why it was moved back so far is beyound me. With blue spawning near that bench now its hard to get the flag and get out without getting mobbed or even get to the flag at all.

Red flag is good and the new little paths are nice, althought the one leading to blue flag i think would be a little better if it came out the door that was previously used for the spawn rooms. Would be cool if there were some more paths like that that use exsisting doors.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942