Urban Terror Forums: Something about the SR8 is bothering me - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (15 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Something about the SR8 is bothering me

#1 User is offline   Minimum Rage (old) Icon

• LocationBelgium

Posted 01 July 2007 - 03:20 PM

Hi,

Something about the sr8 has been bothering me. Many people (on every server there are some of that kind of people) just use the sr8 as a 'trap' weapon. I mean: They just sit in a safe place and just 'click' on the first enemy that comes by. Is this the way the sr8 is meant to be played?

In the 2.3 days there were also many people using the sr8, but they were not annoying me. They would actually run/jump around with the sr8 and put a bullet in your head when they encounter you. (I remember a [THC]Blaze, he was freaking awesome back then with the sr8)

Now in the 4.0 days i see many ppl just sitting & waiting with the sr8. They click on people untill they die theirselves, but they repeat the proces in the next round. (Actually they dont do anything else it seems) Is this Urban Terror?

But then it gets worse. If many ppl on the RED team are using the sr8 (doing the sit & wait tactics) the BLUE teams starts camping, resulting in a boring counterstrike-alike game. (BLUE teams gets scared)

UrbanTerror is a great game. (I don't play anything else) But i get annoyed when people play so annoying. They are also the people that cause other players to camp.

I have absolutely no idea how to solve this problem. (I'm 100% sure i'm not just frustrated, i'm 100% sure this ruins the gameplay) Maybe let the sr8 have a crosshair even when not zoomed in. (this would make the sr8 more powerfull, but i think this provides more fun because ppl that use the sr8 won't be too scared to run around)

SUMMARY: There is nothing wrong with the SR8. There is something wrong with the way people are using it. How can this be solved?

I'm sorry about my bad english, i really have no idea how to say some things, but I think you guys understand what i'm saying. Does anyone have the same opinion about this?

#2 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations
  • Account: woekele

Posted 01 July 2007 - 03:33 PM

Making it more powerfull will enable good users to use it in a nicer way, but the big portion of noobs will still just sit and camp with it ;)

#3 User is offline   Minimum Rage (old) Icon

• LocationBelgium

Posted 01 July 2007 - 03:38 PM

Making it more powerfull will enable good users to use it in a nicer way, but the big portion of noobs will still just sit and camp with it ;)

I also notice that I only get annoyed in the daytime. When i play in the night (3hours past midnight or so); I experience 'fun' games. (Only addicts play at that hour, common newbs are sleeping) So Urban Terror is not totally screwed by newbs.

#4 User is offline   wastedscal (old) Icon

Posted 01 July 2007 - 03:38 PM

Well; I still see people from 'old days' using their SR8 and still playing with it by moving in the map; maybe the 'many people' you see are New UrT Players.
Besides, this behaviour is not SR8 only; how many people do you see with auto guns get into a corner and wait? I would say as many as SR8 users who play that way. I don't believe it's the SR8 itself who does that, it's the player's game style.

You'll always face campers, in any game type on any map; this isn't something new and it probably wont change much in the future.

#5 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 01 July 2007 - 03:50 PM

bs, stupid camping doesn't win a game. even if it is camping it has to be smart and dynamic (changing camps wisely) to not be owned by those wanting to de-camp you.

btw, just HK spam in large servers(with many players) spots with high concentration of campers. it's great. you see them starting de-camping to avoid the rocket nade spam.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Minimum Rage (old) Icon

• LocationBelgium

Posted 01 July 2007 - 04:41 PM

bs, stupid camping doesn't win a game. even if it is camping it has to be smart and dynamic (changing camps wisely) to not be owned by those wanting to de-camp you.

I never said 'stupid' campers win. I say they ruin the fun in a game.

#7 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

Posted 01 July 2007 - 05:13 PM

sorry, the way you described it "sitting there, always returning to the same spot" sounded like stupid camping to me.

#8 User is offline   Minimum Rage (old) Icon

• LocationBelgium

Posted 01 July 2007 - 05:32 PM

I don't describe it correctly i think.

I mean that now in 4.0 many people use the SR8 in a more "STATIC" way. They use it only in a defensive way. I don't mean they are always standing still and 'camping'. But they always 'wait' for you to come out somewhere. -> Slow Counterstrike gameplay. They wont rush around the map. Just look up safe & hidden places so they shoot random people that happen to be walking around.

I also dont like in some maps that snipers can stand in such an angle so they can see very far. (By looking in between 2 walls they can see a 'slice' of another section in the map) In this way they are able to kill other players that have no knowledge of these 'gaps', or players that are forced in those sections.

I still believe that players with the best aim/movement & mapcontrol (Knowing where you enemies are & predicting where they will go) should be having the best score. Players that just point & click with sr8 shouldnt have the advantage they have now in my opinion.

In the old (2.3) days, there were more people that used the sr8 in a more offensive way. They would storm around the map killing people.

Dont get me wrong: I love 4.0! UrbanTerror 4.0 is far more superior then 2.3. (Never played much 3.0 hadn't much time to play back then) Just this change in way sr8 players behave I find very sad. (Btw this is only annoying in very crowded servers, like 10vs10. When i play 4vs4 this is not a problem, this also occurs ONLY on publics. PCW's are almost always very fun, no lamers there :)

But the fact is: I can spend my time whining about this. But I have ABSOLUTELY no idea to 'solve' this.

#9 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

Posted 01 July 2007 - 05:42 PM

i personally think people shouldn't use hardcoded strategies anyways but let it flow and enjoy it but maybe i'm just a hippie.

#10 User is offline   Minimum Rage (old) Icon

• LocationBelgium

Posted 01 July 2007 - 06:00 PM

Maybe, this is a stupid discussion :D

I'll re-do my question:

What is the best way to kill a smart sr8-camper? My tactic atm is: If i see a sr8 and I survive his attempt to kill me. I just run! I don't fight vs sr8, I only run away.

(Note: I'm not a bad player, usually i find myself on top of the scorelist in a public server, I just get annoyed by sr8 because I simply suck vs it)

• (15 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942