Urban Terror Forums: Something about the SR8 is bothering me - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (15 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Something about the SR8 is bothering me

#131 User is offline   AKGRIZZLY (old) Icon

• LocationAlaska

Posted 19 October 2007 - 08:02 PM

I remember the first time I saw Daelith, FKN DEMO CENTRAL.  Lawl, yea Daelith and Civil and Hedgehog could run a feking school on how to sr8 properly.  I can think of a few others, Inudaw comes to mind.  SKEWLED.

FKN REMINGTON

scope jockeys pffscoffmockharrumph  :roll:

:wink:

#132 User is offline   M@n!c (old) Icon

Posted 20 October 2007 - 01:56 AM

Another name that comes to mind for me is 'Void'. At first your saying "WTF, over". Until out of curiousity you switch to spec mode only to realize that the guy's got serious skills. Man some of these guys. Just when you think you got some not bad skills yourself. :roll: Then you see some of THESE guys pwning everything in sight. :-o

Im an LR and pistol kinda guy. I got no problem with an sr8'r who knows how to run and gun. They got MY respect. It's the ones that camp all day with the f**king thing that I get a kick out of. :lol: Slice and dice time.

#133 User is offline   AKKODIAK (old) Icon

Posted 20 October 2007 - 01:59 AM

Hah, I've been really practicing with the beretta myself, using nothing but beretta all day. And ya know, sometimes I just get into the zone with it and the whole map I am tearing people up left and right...then the inevitable "aimbot" cry is heard. After my first time I have been called a hacker at least 6-7 times now for using nothing but beretta and owning.

#134 User is offline   M@n!c (old) Icon

Posted 20 October 2007 - 02:10 AM

Yep. I like the Beretta. :evil:

#135 User is offline   Civil Icon

• Account: civil

Posted 23 October 2007 - 11:55 PM

i love my mokaz.  :lol:

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#136 User is offline   use!ess (old) Icon

Posted 24 October 2007 - 12:42 AM

my son was pwning with a berreta the other day, like 3 straight maps, got like a 7-3 kill death ratio with it. funny because he is usually more like 2-8 k:d ratio. he even said he was called a hack....rofl  :lol:

#137 User is offline   Ben1220 (old) Icon

Posted 11 November 2007 - 09:35 AM

I don't describe it correctly i think.

I mean that now in 4.0 many people use the SR8 in a more "STATIC" way. They use it only in a defensive way. I don't mean they are always standing still and 'camping'. But they always 'wait' for you to come out somewhere. -> Slow Counterstrike gameplay. They wont rush around the map. Just look up safe & hidden places so they shoot random people that happen to be walking around.

I also dont like in some maps that snipers can stand in such an angle so they can see very far. (By looking in between 2 walls they can see a 'slice' of another section in the map) In this way they are able to kill other players that have no knowledge of these 'gaps', or players that are forced in those sections.

I still believe that players with the best aim/movement & mapcontrol (Knowing where you enemies are & predicting where they will go) should be having the best score. Players that just point & click with sr8 shouldnt have the advantage they have now in my opinion.

In the old (2.3) days, there were more people that used the sr8 in a more offensive way. They would storm around the map killing people.

Dont get me wrong: I love 4.0! UrbanTerror 4.0 is far more superior then 2.3. (Never played much 3.0 hadn't much time to play back then) Just this change in way sr8 players behave I find very sad. (Btw this is only annoying in very crowded servers, like 10vs10. When i play 4vs4 this is not a problem, this also occurs ONLY on publics. PCW's are almost always very fun, no lamers there :)

But the fact is: I can spend my time whining about this. But I have ABSOLUTELY no idea to 'solve' this.

Well the n00b campers are easy enough to get rid of, nade them or sr8 them when they are looking somewhere else, often the campers who always run up to the obvious places dont do that well, and the campers that stay put, well people know where they are and they have a much higher chance of killing them second time around.  Sometimes I run around with sr8 just putting rounds into them at close range if they are bad, but sr8 can't really stand up to an automatic rifle at close range if they are good players, you need to hang back a bit and check your surroundings, and try not to get caught in close combat. 

I think the sr8 is fine how it is now.  Do not nerf it or make it so that you can't hit people whilst wounded, that would really take away from the fast gameplay. 

#138 User is offline   StonedLemming (old) Icon

• LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 14 November 2007 - 08:52 PM

Or pull out a spas when they come too close.
imo using a sr-8 doesn't automatically mean you're a camper(contrary too popular belief), in fact the best snipers ive seen play never stay in one spot for long,they just move too a good position, take 1,maybe 2 shots, and jump off again.

When you are defending the flag from hordes of attacking enemy's, if you stay behind that box for cover, thats not camping imo, thats defending, its camping as soon as the enemies are all dead, and you still stay behind that same box, waiting for the the next attack.. :|

#139 User is offline   ElmoTheSniper (old) Icon

• LocationNYC

Posted 16 November 2007 - 09:28 PM

I read most of this thread and started to realize that everyone says that the sr8 is a 1 shot=kill.  They did away with that, legs/arms shot=50% damage.  With that said, I do see a lot of people sitting and waiting for the kill, I on the other hand love to run for the objective.  I find having the sr8 and running for the flag with teammates give us an advantage; I can useally get 3 or 4 guys down before I'm mauled over by the M4, or the LR; but it is enough of time to have my teammate far away. I will admit at times I get very very lazy, and I spawn camp.(PMAC and Frog hate me for this =p)  But still its part of the game.  I love what they did with the SR8, but it will never be like it was in 2.3(my favorite version of it)  Mmm jumping head shots, what good times.  For those of you that hate the SR8, listen to what a lot of people are saying, pick it up and play with it.  Figure out how it works and then you will be able to find those peesky snipers.  GGs, Have fun.

-Emlo :mrgreen:

#140 User is offline   Equilibrium (old) Icon

• LocationThe Zoo, but they let me out of my cage sometimes.

Posted 16 November 2007 - 09:44 PM

They did away with that, legs/arms shot=50% damage.

-Emlo

i think you are confuzzled emlo

• (15 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.frozensand.com/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942