Urban Terror Forums: Something about the SR8 is bothering me - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (15 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Something about the SR8 is bothering me

#31 User is offline   Bumper (old) Icon

Posted 06 July 2007 - 02:33 PM

Alas I have yet one last idea that could be mixed with any number of the other ideas mentioned so far. Make it so Snipers can not wear armor/helmet. This will definatley give a sniper some ants in his pants when you have g36's sending lethal vollys of 5-6 shots in their general direction. And they will more than likeley drop like flys in Close quaters. Honest I snipe without it just to be fair to those on the other end, and also for its mobility. A mobile snipers is a more powerful sniper.

This is what I just said.
I understand the need for the sr8 to be useful [ie not nerfed] so this seems to be the best solution.

How likely is it that 4.1 will implement Sr8 and no kevlar?

I'm gonna have to ignore the rest of what you and other sr8 "I lvoe to ow3n" users will write [otherwise this thread would go on for 20 pagezzzzz and my whole head will explode]

#32 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 06 July 2007 - 02:41 PM

I don't like that idea (removing the vest from sr8) because a) it doesn't make sense b) you exaggerate in the first place. Almost any of the very best players I know uses an lr300. At least in ctf. It could have less bullets but it's already at 3 and it has moving penalties on top. The only weapons i see overpowered in this version is the negev with silencer (at least in ctf defence) and maybe the spas.

#33 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations
  • Account: woekele

Posted 06 July 2007 - 02:41 PM

Well, there's a choice to make: Get covered in 1000000000's of nasty flames on IRC/e-mail/forums, or not. :)

#34 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

Posted 06 July 2007 - 02:43 PM

it made a bit of sense something Hommie had said jokingly, to not allow a secondary on sr8, but that too sounds extreme.

#35 User is offline   Jaded-Fox (old) Icon

• LocationU.S. Mass.

Posted 06 July 2007 - 03:23 PM

I like that Idea. Remebr the main Idea is to discourage camping.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#36 User is offline   Mauri (old) Icon

• LocationLisbon, Portugal

Posted 06 July 2007 - 03:45 PM

I don't see how not allowing a sniper to take a secondary would prevent him from camping, if anything it would make a player camp more.

Anyway, I see absolutely no problem with the sr8 in 4.0, i think we found a really good compromise, with every weapon even, except for the clearly overpowered spas.

#37 User is offline   dborg (old) Icon

• LocationGermany

Posted 06 July 2007 - 04:18 PM

Also keep in mind that tweaking the Spas (which will happen), will mostly hit the SR8 users. I think it's not so much the SR8 than the SR8/Spas combo that is overpowered for TS. The SR8 itself is nerve-wrecking, but also an integral part of the game and I believe that anyone expecting major changes to it for 4.1 is dilllusional.

#38 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations
  • Account: woekele

Posted 06 July 2007 - 04:26 PM

I think it's lame that you can still aim and shoot your sr8 perfectly while being hit. Maybe that could be changed.

#39 User is offline   Mauri (old) Icon

• LocationLisbon, Portugal

Posted 06 July 2007 - 04:50 PM

I dunno, I'm not really a sniper and just use it in CTF for fun, to wander around rushing with it, which is hardly what it was built for, but in my opinion the SR8 is "perfect" right now.  The knockback when ur getting hit by a SPAS though...now that's insane.

#40 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

Posted 06 July 2007 - 05:12 PM

i tend to agree with most saying there's no major imbalance favoring the sr8 in the first place so making it worse it'll probably create an actual imbalance to talk about, one that makes it worthless.

• (15 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942