Urban Terror Forums: 4.1 suggestion/request - remove "muzzle flash" effect where bullets hit - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

4.1 suggestion/request - remove "muzzle flash" effect where bullets hit

#11 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 09 July 2007 - 12:00 PM

BludShoT link=topic=8232.msg109064#msg109064 date=1183923848]
I know the mod source is not public, but the exe source is.

such stuff are clearly part of the mod code. engine code in id games doesn't go much further than opengl rendering and basic networking.

#12 User is offline   D33P_FRI3D|poop (old) Icon

• Locationeither at my pc or my gravitational device o(^_^)o

Posted 09 July 2007 - 02:21 PM

ok i sometimes i see the bullets hitting through walls like 2 guys r fighting across map and i hear it so i go help and then i c bullets through walls it is very cool for me cuz i know were u r at exactly but it prolly suxs for others maybe just a bug for me but maybe it needs attention

p.s mussleflash is teh gayness it needs to be able go off without me loosing seeing my gun

#13 User is offline   RahX (old) Icon

• LocationPaducah KY

Posted 10 July 2007 - 04:26 PM

I must not have dynamic lighting on, as I don't see a flash, just debris. True, lead doesn't spark. But hitting a rock surface you get debris flying.  Which is what it looks like to me.

#14 User is offline   PatientZero (old) Icon

Posted 10 July 2007 - 07:24 PM

Yes, there are two effects that I see.

1. Sparks: three short tracer lines shoot out from impact.
2. Debris: small smoke cloud wafting away from impact.

I've been paying more attention, and I cannot see any "muzzleflash effect" near the impact. In other words, the walls don't light up as if someone was shooting a gun there. I assume I have dynamic lighting since I see that flash on walls near people who are firing.

#15 User is offline   BludShoT Icon

• Account: bludshot
  • Main tag: [T]

Posted 12 July 2007 - 10:42 PM

Yes, there are two effects that I see.

1. Sparks: three short tracer lines shoot out from impact.
2. Debris: small smoke cloud wafting away from impact.

I've been paying more attention, and I cannot see any "muzzleflash effect" near the impact. In other words, the walls don't light up as if someone was shooting a gun there. I assume I have dynamic lighting since I see that flash on walls near people who are firing.

Humm.. that's very interesting PatientZero. I wish my game looked like yours. Perhaps I will make a fraps video to show you what I mean. If your game looks the way I want it to, then I'd be very curious how to get my game to look like yours.

#16 User is offline   RahX (old) Icon

• LocationPaducah KY

Posted 13 July 2007 - 02:06 AM

I noticed the flashing through the wall last night on mandolin, going up the stairs to the balcony beach side. Wall next to me was flashing and I heard fire, but it was from people on the other side.

#17 User is offline   BludShoT Icon

Posted 13 July 2007 - 02:46 AM

I noticed the flashing through the wall last night on mandolin, going up the stairs to the balcony beach side. Wall next to me was flashing and I heard fire, but it was from people on the other side.

The OP isn't really about that. That's something that has been in q3 as long as I can remember, and is a separate issue.

#18 User is offline   Nexu Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: nexu
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 13 July 2007 - 03:10 AM

What you need is spidersense in the game so you can ignore the false muzzleflashes  :-D

#19 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations
  • Account: woekele

Posted 13 July 2007 - 01:17 PM

Tracers: travel-'lines' of the bullets you see when a gun is fired. They go through walls apparently.
Muzzleflash: The fire you see coming from the barrel when firing. Can not be turned off anymore, except by totally now showing the gun.
Smoke: The smoke you see coming from the barrel after firing.
Glow (made this name up, cause I didn't know): The light you see around someone who is firing, only with dynamic lighting enabled. You apparently also see this around the spot where the bullet hits a wall.
Smoke-on-impact: the smoke you see when a bullet hits a wall.
Sparks-on-impact: the sparks you see from the place where the bullet hits.
Brass: the bullet shells that fall on the ground when firing
Marks on walls: Bullet holes that show on a wall when hitting it.

#20 User is offline   BludShoT Icon

Posted 13 July 2007 - 11:29 PM

Glow (made this name up, cause I didn't know): The light you see around someone who is firing, only with dynamic lighting enabled. You apparently also see this around the spot where the bullet hits a wall.

Yeah, this thread is about this "glow", not the "muzzleflash" that is seen in first person coming out of the gun.

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.frozensand.com/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942