Urban Terror Forums: I'll have the hax, with a side of vote spamming... - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

I'll have the hax, with a side of vote spamming...

#1 User is offline   MeNoPausE (old) Icon

• LocationNew York, NY

Posted 13 July 2007 - 12:11 AM

Seems like any server that has more than 16 players and some with less in it has a problem with vote spamming. Constant whining and voting to change map/kick player/restart map incessantly. It's really frustrating and totally kills the gameplay. It also seems to me that on every vote spamming server there is also one if not more cheaters in game. Maybe haxorz vote spam to create a smoke screen and take the focus off of themselves so they can keep cheating undetected, lol. Who knows, I don't, but I know that I am getting increasingly frustrated trying to find a decent server these days. You have to wait till like 3am to find a fair game these days. I know servers can turn voting off but that has it's problems too. If there is no admin then voting needs to be on to weed out tk'ers/haxorz or to change map if everyone agrees, fairly. Can't there be some way to penalize people who start votes too many times in one match? Maybe a vote limit? Something needs to be done, this seems to be getting out of hand.

#2 User is offline   RahX (old) Icon

• LocationPaducah KY

Posted 13 July 2007 - 02:01 AM

Just need more server admins.

#3 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 13 July 2007 - 01:02 PM

voting is great but i agree it shouldn't be used every 1 second. every 10 minutes unless it's necessary is fine.

#4 User is offline   Mcturd Icon

• Account: mcturd

Posted 13 July 2007 - 01:59 PM

I can't stand a server that has voting turned on. Turn it off Assmins!!! :x Or use a bit mask to turn certain type of votes on, which you can calculate here:

http://www.urbanterr...wvote_calc.html

Thanks and have a Sh*tty day.

-McTurd

#5 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

Posted 13 July 2007 - 02:22 PM

if no rcon is around it can be a problem. for not being able to kick.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Juno Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: juno
  • Main tag: ~SG~

Posted 13 July 2007 - 02:44 PM

g_allowVote = 16 is OK.

#7 User is offline   Hunt@.se (old) Icon

• LocationSweden

Posted 13 July 2007 - 03:25 PM

g_allowVote = 16 is OK.

its useless, since they just reconnect...

#8 User is offline   Nexu Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: nexu
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 13 July 2007 - 03:28 PM

I'm using
seta g_allowVote                        "536871016"

on my server and i haven't had much voting abuse now.

#9 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

Posted 14 July 2007 - 10:27 AM

can you explain what those numbers do in case we have a discussion?

ps. juno's is kick/clientKick only

#10 User is offline   D33P_FRI3D|poop (old) Icon

• Locationeither at my pc or my gravitational device o(^_^)o

Posted 14 July 2007 - 02:46 PM

Seems like any server that has more than 16 players and some with less in it has a problem with vote spamming. Constant whining and voting to change map/kick player/restart map incessantly. It's really frustrating and totally kills the gameplay. It also seems to me that on every vote spamming server there is also one if not more cheaters in game. Maybe haxorz vote spam to create a smoke screen and take the focus off of themselves so they can keep cheating undetected, lol. Who knows, I don't, but I know that I am getting increasingly frustrated trying to find a decent server these days. You have to wait till like 3am to find a fair game these days. I know servers can turn voting off but that has it's problems too. If there is no admin then voting needs to be on to weed out tk'ers/haxorz or to change map if everyone agrees, fairly. Can't there be some way to penalize people who start votes too many times in one match? Maybe a vote limit? Something needs to be done, this seems to be getting out of hand.
yo bro if u use q3a version u can come to LKBF public pwnage we usualy play ts no haxors just like ttsom and us cmon over after like 7:00 P.M eastern time

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942