Urban Terror Forums: I'll have the hax, with a side of vote spamming... - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

I'll have the hax, with a side of vote spamming...

#11 User is offline   MeNoPausE (old) Icon

• LocationNew York, NY

Posted 15 July 2007 - 02:32 AM

I'm using IO at the moment. less glitchy more hacky. Maybe it's time to install Q3 again

#12 User is offline   Homie Icon

• Account: homie
  • Main tag: ]$[

Posted 01 August 2007 - 07:19 PM

Q3 + PB ftw....... we never had this level of cheating (or this level of cheating accusations, and vote kicking) during the Q3/PB years, we did before pb came along when any mong with half a brain cell could google a hax, and go wreck a pub server.

yeah PB did have its issues, but most of the time it did what it said on the tin, plus it had a load of other useful tricks....oh how I miss PB :-(

Personally, I would turn pb back on in a heartbeat on Spamrock, but I would get some resitance from the few oldskool players that use iourt for whatever reasons (though this may still happen anyway)

just the ability to kick and permanently ban someone by their GUID (yes I know they can be spoofed, but Id bet that maybe 90% of these kids wouldn't know how to even start to do that), also had the side effect of less tking arsehats, as they could also find themselves banned so gaming was 'abit quieter'

its a shame, and BE seems...well... atm worthless u may as well turn it off (imo). These hax/cheats cant be used on PB enabled servers afaik

#13 User is offline   hannibal_lagtor (old) Icon

• Locationthe netherlands

Posted 02 August 2007 - 01:15 AM

allow cyclemap at least.. so i can skip ambush :P
that map just doesnt work CTF

#14 User is offline   MeNoPausE (old) Icon

• LocationNew York, NY

Posted 02 August 2007 - 06:44 AM

Q3 + PB ftw....... we never had this level of cheating (or this level of cheating accusations, and vote kicking) during the Q3/PB years, we did before pb came along when any mong with half a brain cell could google a hax, and go wreck a pub server.

yeah PB did have its issues, but most of the time it did what it said on the tin, plus it had a load of other useful tricks....oh how I miss PB :-(

Personally, I would turn pb back on in a heartbeat on Spamrock, but I would get some resitance from the few oldskool players that use iourt for whatever reasons (though this may still happen anyway)

just the ability to kick and permanently ban someone by their GUID (yes I know they can be spoofed, but Id bet that maybe 90% of these kids wouldn't know how to even start to do that), also had the side effect of less tking arsehats, as they could also find themselves banned so gaming was 'abit quieter'

its a shame, and BE seems...well... atm worthless u may as well turn it off (imo). These hax/cheats cant be used on PB enabled servers afaik

No matter what, BE has to help a bit. I wouldn't turn it off, even though I don't think it does much use anyways.

#15 User is offline   D33P_FRI3D|poop (old) Icon

• Locationeither at my pc or my gravitational device o(^_^)o

Posted 02 August 2007 - 04:03 PM

No matter what, BE has to help a bit. I wouldn't turn it off, even though I don't think it does much use anyways.

hahahahhahahah ok wut does it do? it is a waste and now STA league doesn't use PB either this game is going to hell in a hand basket  ffs clan wars with no anticheat totaly fucking unreal

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   !OLD!Frater_Frag (old) Icon

• LocationLinköping, Sweden

Posted 03 August 2007 - 05:16 PM

The basic problem with vote-spamming in UrT is the fact that you can vote for another map in the midst of a game.

If UrT instead used the same system that was used in WFA, the situation would have been different. In WFA there was a short delay between rounds, when you could vote for a map. If there was´nt enough votes, the map-cycle kicked in.

That way there was no yapping about map-change every five minutes, you played the map, waited for the bout to end, voted for a new map and hoped for the best.

#17 User is offline   L3mMinG (old) Icon

Posted 03 August 2007 - 06:00 PM

Just leave cyclemap and nextmap votes enabled and disable the insta-map vote.

#18 User is offline   !OLD!Frater_Frag (old) Icon

• LocationLinköping, Sweden

Posted 04 August 2007 - 03:17 AM

Just leave cyclemap and nextmap votes enabled and disable the insta-map vote.

The problem is that /callvote cyclemap will be called by the smegheads as soon as any map that is not Casa/Abbey/etc is started. Try to play maps like Tombs or Sliema without some assclown calling a vote...  :x

#19 User is offline   AKGRIZZLY (old) Icon

• LocationAlaska

Posted 04 August 2007 - 06:45 AM

The problem hasn't changed, the argument hasn't changed, and the solution hasn't changed.  You can kill off voting altogether and live with it, or turn it on and live with it, or turn it on and admin the server 24/7, no matter what you can't make em all happy.

#20 User is offline   MeNoPausE (old) Icon

• LocationNew York, NY

Posted 14 August 2007 - 05:33 AM

The problem hasn't changed, the argument hasn't changed, and the solution hasn't changed.  You can kill off voting altogether and live with it, or turn it on and live with it, or turn it on and admin the server 24/7, no matter what you can't make em all happy.

so trew, and now no BE support anymore, ffs...

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.frozensand.com/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942