Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Follow The Leader

#1 User is offline   L3mMinG (old) Icon

Posted 18 July 2007 - 03:34 PM

We run this FTL gametype occasionally on our server (gametype voting is enabled so feel free to try). Most people seem to enjoy it quite a bit after the initial 2-minutes of WTF!?

There's only 1 major problem with it (apart from some dubious spawns). It shows in bigtext when your leader dies, but it doesn't show bigtext when someone in your team kills the enemy leader. This often causes the last 2 players sitting at the flag cause they don't know if the other leader is still around or not (and imo it seems like justified reason to camp your flag).

The reason for me asking to fix this is, after playing bomb mode cup, TS doesn't make too much  sense to me anymore and FTL seems the halfway point. If this minor bug would be fixed then the gametype could inject some 'freshness' into urban terror. This gametype doesn't scare people away from our server usually (unlike C&H which makes everyone flee in horror).

#2 User is offline   HoboHumpinSlut (old) Icon

Posted 18 July 2007 - 03:37 PM

well, Bomb and FTL are the game types that i look for first, when choosing a game server...only i find none (with reasonable ping, ie. below 250 ;)) i'm going for CTF/TS. sometimes though it makes me close the game browser...

#3 User is offline   PatientZero (old) Icon

Posted 18 July 2007 - 08:43 PM

I agree that your team should see a message. It sucks to go around policing bodies looking for the leader helmet on the dead enemies. :(

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942