• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Ideas for 4.1, post em' here!

#481 User is offline   AKGRIZZLY (old) Icon

• LocationAlaska

Posted 03 December 2007 - 09:10 AM

FYI you can use the console to set sensitivity to any number, even decimals.  For example drop your console and put sensitivity .45

Just sayin

#482 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 03 December 2007 - 11:29 AM

Also make it possible to be able to change respawn protection for different gametypes, meaning if there was a vote to go to ffa, get rid of spawn protection as it is impossible to respawn in ffa and people keep respawning in your face with invincibility, spawn protection in ffa is stupid but in other game modes it is good, so there should be a way to set spawn protection values for different gametypes

Good point. A solution: Respawn protection doing both not letting you get hit for say 2 secs but also not able to shoot (or hit) for that time.

(because no protection at all is obviously affecting badly the ones just spawned)

#483 User is offline   Nexu Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: nexu
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 03 December 2007 - 11:47 AM

Can already be done by server admin thru mapcycle.txt with map specific settings.

#484 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

Posted 03 December 2007 - 11:48 AM

What's the setting? Because it's sure not known or used much.

#485 User is offline   AKGRIZZLY (old) Icon

• LocationAlaska

Posted 03 December 2007 - 08:14 PM

I assume you could do it the same way you set the nextmap joinmessage for each map in the cycle.  Y/N?

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#486 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

Posted 03 December 2007 - 09:20 PM

Do what? I described a possible solution to a problem (of recently spawned hitting others that happen to be near them) by BOTH having respawn protection and disallowing the recently spawned to fire or hit anything for the same (or similar time). I assumed nexu said it's already possible. Is it?

#487 User is offline   AKGRIZZLY (old) Icon

• LocationAlaska

Posted 03 December 2007 - 09:44 PM

Well, particularly for the problem Ben described that was quoted by nexu, the mapcycle trick wouldn't work.  So never mind I guess.

Still, you could do it in a multi mode game server using cvar changes at map load which was what came to mind as I read.

So plbtbtbtbtbtbtbtb  :roll:

:-)

#488 User is offline   DjFooRoach (old) Icon

Posted 08 December 2007 - 12:51 PM

Dunno if this has been suggested already, but how bout a scope attachment for all rifles? Obviously it would use up one of your slots, and it wouldn't make that much of a difference. HKG36 + Silencer or LR-300 + Scope

#489 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

Posted 08 December 2007 - 01:15 PM

Dunno if this has been suggested already, but how bout a scope attachment for all rifles? Obviously it would use up one of your slots, and it wouldn't make that much of a difference. HKG36 + Silencer or LR-300 + Scope

The lr would be more deadly, however, it wouldn't be as much as some may think at first thought. Its inaccuracy on auto firing is high so it'd need slow tapping to do long range.

It'd make it better so it may be a reason to not do it - at least without changing others - but not so much of a problem.

#490 User is offline   DjFooRoach (old) Icon

Posted 08 December 2007 - 01:45 PM

The lr would be more deadly, however, it wouldn't be as much as some may think at first thought. Its inaccuracy on auto firing is high so it'd need slow tapping to do long range.

It'd make it better so it may be a reason to not do it - at least without changing others - but not so much of a problem.

I was thinking the scope would be more for aesthetics / realism value than gameplay balance, but you do bring up a point. However, if we're talking about an "unfair advantage", I'll point out all the people who use SR-8's in close-quarter maps. Also, how about if you use the scope attachment, you can't use the laser. I imagine scope + laser would be practically pinpoint accuracy. Although you could use a scope and a laser in real life.. Hmm. Spose I have to start thinking more along the lines of gameplay vs realism

• (52 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942