• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Ideas for 4.1, post em' here!

#11 User is offline   Kabal Icon

• Account: kabal
  • Main tag: ]$[

Posted 30 July 2007 - 01:50 AM

Idea 1. Set sv_timeout higher (seta sv_timeout "3600")
Reason- Many players have the "AWAITING SNAPSHOT" screen because they did not load in time. This is because sv_timeout is set to only 60. Servers for some reason won't set this any higher, maybe because they are noobs, are afraid of editing configs, or just are part of the conspiracy to make everyone constantly buy a new PC.

i've seen only toxic ALWAYS giving problems to low end pc in loading. having ppl idling 10 minutes on awaiting snapshot not knowing they should maybe /reconnect just keeps server slots occupied.

Idea 2. Akimbo pistols
Reason- All modern fpses have this, is downright cool.

not a good reason to add it,and beside the john woo coolness it's just useless.

Idea 3. More weapons
Reason- Adds to replayability and gameplay value.

i don't see what else we need. having 20 copycat weapons is silly.the only gun i miss is a useful nade launcher.

Idea 4. Pronage (ability to lie prone)
Reason- Adds to realism, replayability, and strategic value.

adds campers,not realism ;)

Idea 5. Improved Laser Sight
Reason- The current laser sight is useless because it always stays at the location of the crosshair, not where the gun is actually pointing...

as others already explained you,laser is only for reducing spreading and for giving away your position if you are not careful where you point the gun.

Idea 6. Vehicles
Reason- Improves replayability and strategy and is downright fun.

UrT style is different.it's a quake game,so fast and furious.vehicles are just slowing down a game.

Idea 7. Larger maps
Reason-Once the sv_timeout default is set to 3600 (1 hour) noone will have problems connecting to a session, and thus not have to worry about larger maps. Larger maps add to the strategy and replayabilty and are of course necessary if vehicles are in 4.1

same as above.with UrT gamestyle small and medium maps are the best option,allowing to engage enemies a few secs after the spawn.afaik "big" maps (max 16-20 clients total) aren't liked too much by a big part of the community.

Idea 8. More detailed death animations
Reason-I can live with the current animations but more animations would make killing so much more dynamic...

i don't remember last time i watched someone die. i'm usually too busy for those fancy things.anyway the dev team clearly stated that they are not going to updated/add any animation in a near future (probably never).

last but not least,this LINK will give you a lot of other infos.

#12 User is offline   Vaughan (old) Icon

• LocationPacific Northwest

Posted 30 July 2007 - 01:57 AM

same as above.with UrT gamestyle small and medium maps are the best option,allowing to engage enemies a few secs after the spawn.afaik "big" maps (max 16-20 clients total) aren't liked too much by a big part of the community.

One of the maps I am working on will most likely be a "mega".....if it gets released. If it only sees play on FSK405 I'll be happy. From what I remember of FSK, that server is always packed even for the mega maps.

#13 User is offline   Kabal Icon

Posted 30 July 2007 - 02:22 AM

well vaughan,i'm not a fan of "mega" maps,but i enjoy big maps like sands. those maps are big for us,while for a bf2 player those are still kinda small.
the problem isn't the big map itself (beside the possible fps draining),is the ppl playing it and the server load.
to enjoy a big map i think it has to be at least 10vs10.i avoid like plague servers with more than 14-16 maxclients because for me more than that is just continuous small lag,red spikes,dropping and bs.i bet im not the only one.
being eu i've never been in fsk server,but from what you wrote also in other threads,seems the regulars fsk players are liking this kind of maps and that's good for a "mega map" mapper.
honestly in eu servers i have hard times even playing just a rommel or a tombs cuz ppl always cycle it for smaller maps.
pub is the key for the success of a big map cuz probably the only playing time it will get is just in pub: with 5vs5 or 6vs6 competitions it's quite hard to play a big map.

anyway i wish you gl with it.i almost never miss a map,so i'll try your too ;)

#14 User is offline   RahX (old) Icon

• LocationPaducah KY

Posted 30 July 2007 - 03:23 AM

vehicles, lol, that would so ruin UrT.

Maybe a map with a running trolly around it, perhaps that would be okay. But nothing you can control.

#15 User is offline   Vaughan (old) Icon

• LocationPacific Northwest

Posted 30 July 2007 - 03:28 AM

Maybe a map with a running trolly around it, perhaps that would be okay. But nothing you can control.

I prefer a map with a running Brolly......oh wait. Brolly doesn't run....maybe that's why I always wound up dead.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 30 July 2007 - 05:21 AM

the only gun i miss is a useful nade launcher.

it's extremely effective in large pubs against camps.

#17 User is offline   dborg (old) Icon

• LocationGermany

Posted 30 July 2007 - 10:40 AM

Yeah, just imagine we'd fly around in helicopters on large desert terrain maps. Hm, wait...

#18 User is offline   Kabal Icon

Posted 30 July 2007 - 10:45 AM

i know fs,but it has no other use beside that.i mean,it's almost only a fun weapon.
i'd like to see it different.maybe dealing at least double damage than now for a direct hit,maybe with explosion delay halved only when nade lands so you don't have to fire in the sky,maybe something like THAT....i don't really know.anyway was something to discuss years ago and improving it now,with a "final" version,doesn't make sense,so i don't really care too much.

#19 User is offline   FragginNewby (old) Icon

• LocationKilladelphia, PA

Posted 30 July 2007 - 11:27 AM

I have an idea for 4.1 - how about you release it?!

#20 User is offline   Pio (old) Icon

• LocationUk

Posted 30 July 2007 - 12:03 PM

lol all good with the suggestions but you try coding that stuff. You could always make your own mod with all those ideas.  :-P

• (52 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942