• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Ideas for 4.1, post em' here!

#21 User is offline   MerkyMerc Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Account: merkymerc

Posted 30 July 2007 - 12:33 PM

I think it's a little too early for a thread like this, imho.. Unless they have already done a lot of what they planned, and it's now too late. But in respect for what the topic is, I'll humor it.

All I want differently:
Get rid of the white female suits. Let's play red vs blue again. I hate playing against a bunch of people with guy names ALL using the white female skin. That alone tells me people have just a little part of their tactics held in the idea of a white suit camped in a very light colored  setting (like in Ramelle to the upper right when passing the tank, crossing the bridge, that nice little planked area with the window)

I like the goggles as they are EXCEPT that you must see horizontal and vertical lines stretching to each end of your screen. Simple boxes would be nice. They can be exactly the same, just without those extra lines.

My next suggestion would be "Give the devs a break people!"
They have done a lot. They don't need to do lots more. Small things are the only things that should be getting tweaked. No new guns, or gear changes at all. I've suggested stuff in the past myself, I now know what the devs intended for their game, and I love it. The only major change that I think would be nice (but not necessary) would be to fix the .avi recording. As it currently is, you can record one, then stop, but if you do more your sound becomes increasingly fooked until you do a snd_restart. Maybe it is a problem only I experience, but I doubt it (with no grounds for my doubting  :-P ) But it most likely wouldn't be fixed because it is livable and has no impact with gameplay.

So just be patient. Learn to adapt with what is currently being played and let the dev team work at their own pace. They will have better.

#22 User is offline   Oswald (old) Icon

• LocationWishin' I was in SoCal

Posted 30 July 2007 - 03:02 PM

We won't add slapping or punching. We wont change the laser sight. We won't add more weapons. No, we won't go "akimbo." No we are not lazy at all. Their are different reasons why none of these are going to happen. Slapping and punching, as well as new or more weapons will require new models, new skins and all new animations. This means it will require more memory to run the game. To call our team lazy is like calling you uninformed for not knowing we have already said no to many of your suggestions. If I want akimbo, I will go back and play AQ2. I think the best advise in this thread was stated by Fraggin' Newby.

How can you kick? And I think that slapping/punching is a good idea as well.

But why can't the devs add more weapons and make the laser sight realistic? Adding more weapons isn't too
burdening, especially if they are modeled by third party groups. I think the only reason for not having Akimbo is just laziness...

#23 User is offline   D33P_FRI3D|poop (old) Icon

• Locationeither at my pc or my gravitational device o(^_^)o

Posted 30 July 2007 - 03:20 PM

akimbo pistols fucking pwn, and i think they would make a good addition to any fps, they r just downright fun and omg ppl r so god damn rude around these forums holy crap i gotta lol at that

#24 User is offline   restless Icon

• Account: restless
  • Main tag: hg`.

Posted 30 July 2007 - 04:32 PM

If you would like to make akimbo in urt the hole balance is fucked up.
one DE owns most peeps already. if you gave a skilled player 2 DE's it would be imba
same goes for the beretta because you would get a really fast gun thats really accurate and you would have 30 bullets and fast reloads.

Urt is fine like this accept for a few improvements that will be added in 4.1 i believe.
thx dev.

And i think EanMasta should go play another game like BF or Quakewars couse they give all the points he describes.
Don't know why he is here asking the dev to fuck urt up.

#25 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations
  • Account: woekele

Posted 30 July 2007 - 06:13 PM

[me=woekele]licks restless[/me]

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#26 User is offline   Oswald (old) Icon

• LocationWishin' I was in SoCal

Posted 30 July 2007 - 06:37 PM

I think he is asking because we are lazy and everyone knows how easy it is to implement a new weapon

#27 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations
  • Account: woekele

Posted 30 July 2007 - 07:19 PM

Yes, it's just a matter of dragging and dropping a weapon to the urt-pack, so easy!!111 :D

#28 User is offline   restless Icon

• Account: restless
  • Main tag: hg`.

Posted 30 July 2007 - 07:29 PM

I just saw him on a server with 120+ ping he played for 3 days and did not have a idea what to do in the game.
so maybe just ignore this post (most of you probably already did that)

#29 User is offline   noireau (old) Icon

Posted 30 July 2007 - 07:30 PM

woaaaa I found the best thing what urt needs... when ppl activate Autoradio it only sounds Grenade! and so on.. but you need a DIE MOTHERFUCKAAAAA screem when ppl shoot :D

#30 User is offline   Phantomas71 Icon

• Account: phantomas71

Posted 30 July 2007 - 08:07 PM

Lock this thread and realease 4.1  :mrgreen:

...too lazy to write something else...  :roll:

• (52 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942