• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Feature Request: new CTF timer

#1 User is offline   CRIMENY Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Account: crimeny
  • Main tag: /eVo/

Posted 05 August 2007 - 01:28 AM

I think it can add a new bit of excitement to the game.  When the timer hits zero, if a player from either team has the flag in their possession past the time limit, they can have the ability to capture the flag.  If the flag is dropped, time expires; once the capture is made, the time expires.

It's useful for a team that can be losing by one point (or tied) but makes a perfect play of grabbing the flag without any opponents following...then they can capture the flag and go into overtime, declare it a tie, or get the win.  The same rules apply in soccer and American football--the final play is given a chance to finish.

#2 User is offline   PatientZero (old) Icon

Posted 05 August 2007 - 03:19 AM

If I understand correctly, when the game timer hits zero, if either team has the flag, the game does not end until the flag is dropped or capped. If capping ties the game, the game goes into sudden death as it does now.

If so, F1

Perhaps change "dropped" above to "returned"? Also, it should probably only happend if either team is down by one point. In the case of two or more points, the outcome of the game cannot change.

#3 User is offline   nemesis Icon

•   former FS member   
    Lead Tester
  • Account: nemesis

Posted 06 August 2007 - 10:11 PM

Interesting, but I personally find this unnecessary.  Join a server where cap limits are in play if you're inclined to finish maps based on a caps or hussle to beat the time limit.

#4 User is offline   Nexu Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: nexu
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 06 August 2007 - 11:13 PM

If this means the player that is carrying the flag for whatever reason bleed to death and thus drop the flag causing it's team to lose even tho they have someone else ready to pick up the flag again ...
F2

#5 User is offline   Impy Icon

• Account: impy

Posted 08 August 2007 - 05:42 AM

basically its like having the last play in football.  kinda neat idea.  in theory anyway.  somehow i figure that would fall into the hot potato catergory.  i liked the sound of it, but it wasn't for me.  entertaining though.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942