• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

uptown

#41 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations
  • Account: woekele

Posted 07 October 2007 - 03:55 PM

Same for me by the way, it works PERFECTLY on my new PC (C2D e6750@3.2Ghz/2GB DDR800/7600GS). No need to set affinity, no need to disable threading and/or multi monitor in nvidia settings. I didn't install a dual core optimizer by the way.

#42 User is offline   Ann Core (old) Icon

Posted 07 October 2007 - 07:05 PM

I've known about all the settings concerning dual cores and whatnot. It's not that. I truly believe it's the video card's ability to process what must be a huge amount of information.

#43 User is offline   Dragonne Icon

•   former FS member   
    Mapper
  • Account: dragonne

Posted 08 October 2007 - 12:07 AM

OK, I did all the hinting and VIS tweaking work on uptown in 3.x. Let me tell you, it's a nightmare. It took me about two months to get it to where it was then, and I still wasn't thrilled with it. At the end, it was taking almost 12 hours to run VIS alone.

Complain all you want. That map only gets so good on FPS. I'm actually impressed that BK even attempted it.  :wink:

#44 User is offline   L3mMinG (old) Icon

Posted 08 October 2007 - 01:55 PM

Well my core2duo runs it pretty nicely, but on ctf or tdm it deteriorates when lots of dead player models get scattered about. So severely limiting body time could improve things for those modes as the models consist of quite a large number of poly's and those get drawn in non-vis'ed parts too.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#46 User is offline   žalost (old) Icon

• vivisectionist
  • Locationseahorse seahell

Posted 08 October 2007 - 11:59 PM

awesome. cant wait now that ill prolly be able to play it :D

#47 User is offline   Equilibrium (old) Icon

• LocationThe Zoo, but they let me out of my cage sometimes.

Posted 19 October 2007 - 10:24 PM

all i want to say about this map is that the red spawn points suck mad monkey nuts

#48 User is offline   Oswald (old) Icon

• LocationWishin' I was in SoCal

Posted 19 October 2007 - 11:52 PM

both spawns are terrible, the map needs to be rebuilt from teh ground up and done correctly. unfortunately at this point in time that will nto happen.

#49 User is offline   žalost (old) Icon

• vivisectionist
  • Locationseahorse seahell

Posted 20 October 2007 - 12:10 AM

I don't get the point of rebuilding an entire map that took YEARS to develope just for the next version of q3ut, quite frankly, I don't even know why exactly r_overbrightbits and r_mapoverbrightbits were locked to 0. UrT lost (i don't know) around, eh, 5 or 6 years worth of maps between that time, and only a few live to see 4.0, and they are being complained at, then suggested for rebuild. Why?

#50 User is offline   Oswald (old) Icon

• LocationWishin' I was in SoCal

Posted 20 October 2007 - 12:42 AM

because with the current issues in the map, there is not one solution that will resolve the current problems. many complain of poor FPS or bad spawns and other issues that cannot be corrected the RIGHT way with rebuilding the level. what is not to get out of that statement?

cvars were locked because we decided they should be limited due to gamers abusing them and making our levels look like ass...

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942