• +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

uptown

#11 User is offline   StonedLemming (old) Icon

• LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 31 August 2007 - 09:00 AM

Uptown is a classic, just like docks is, and i for one havent noticed any bad fps issues there at all.  :|

And my pc isnt that high end, its a 3200 + athlon with 1536 DDR, it does have a 7950 GT though, maybe i should stfu.  :roll:

#12 User is offline   Juno Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: juno
  • Main tag: ~SG~

Posted 31 August 2007 - 09:54 AM

Uptown is a classic, just like docks is, and i for one havent noticed any bad fps issues there at all.  :|

And my pc isnt that high end, its a 3200 + athlon with 1536 DDR, it does have a 7950 GT though, maybe i should stfu.  :roll:

stfu :D

#13 User is offline   Nexu Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: nexu
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 31 August 2007 - 09:56 AM

I had no problem at all regarding fps with uptown back when i started playing UrT on a SMP P3 1.1Ghz.

#14 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 31 August 2007 - 10:37 AM

uptown would have problems, but it's small.

#15 User is offline   D33P_FRI3D|poop (old) Icon

• Locationeither at my pc or my gravitational device o(^_^)o

Posted 31 August 2007 - 04:25 PM

yo i got a beater pc ok, less than 500 bucks at walmart and it is not having any problems with 4.0 on the io engine my rig is a AMD 3100+ sempron processor = to 1.8Ghz i have a Nvidia 6100 pci expres card with 128 megs of ram and i have less than 512 megs of ram it says i have 512 but when it was autodetected by Steam it said i have 398 megs LOL!! all i did was turn down the graphics in urt and now i get 125+ all maps all places except the beach on mandolin it drops down to 34 there, why is unknown to me but uptown the best map ever and if it was not released in 4.0 it would have been redone like docks so y complain about a map that is way better than any map u have made sry if i sound like an asshole but keres just stop while ur ahead ok midtown is great but uptown fucking pwns the shit out of ur map no 2 ways about it :wink:

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   Oswald (old) Icon

• LocationWishin' I was in SoCal

Posted 31 August 2007 - 04:29 PM

LOL at the original poster, all I have to say.

#17 User is offline   Nexu Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: nexu
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 31 August 2007 - 11:15 PM

i have a Nvidia 6100 pci expres card with 128 megs of ram and i have less than 512 megs of ram it says i have 512 but when it was autodetected by Steam it said i have 398 megs LOL!!

6100 uses your system RAM to get its 128mb from.

#18 User is offline   žalost (old) Icon

• vivisectionist
  • Locationseahorse seahell

Posted 31 August 2007 - 11:21 PM

yo i got a beater pc ok, less than 500 bucks at walmart and it is not having any problems with 4.0 on the io engine my rig is a AMD 3100+ sempron processor = to 1.8Ghz i have a Nvidia 6100 pci expres card with 128 megs of ram and i have less than 512 megs of ram it says i have 512 but when it was autodetected by Steam it said i have 398 megs LOL!! all i did was turn down the graphics in urt and now i get 125+ all maps all places except the beach on mandolin it drops down to 34 there, why is unknown to me but uptown the best map ever and if it was not released in 4.0 it would have been redone like docks so y complain about a map that is way better than any map u have made sry if i sound like an asshole but keres just stop while ur ahead ok midtown is great but uptown f'k pwns the crap out of ur map no 2 ways about it :wink:

I didnt say that midtown is better than uptown. bladekiller already explained this to everyone, and now i understand it. the 4.0 map wasnt the newest and greatest version of it and she updated it. which is great. i totally love it. its original and has that great feel, like docks. i miss battlecow. i miss docks  :oops: and i love uptown. its just i cant play it because 30fps + lag = hell. and i dont like it when i know i have the potential to have more frags than 1 per 10 deaths. it really sucks.

#19 User is offline   Kabal Icon

• Account: kabal
  • Main tag: ]$[

Posted 01 September 2007 - 12:07 AM

I didnt say that midtown is better than uptown. bladekiller already explained this to everyone, and now i understand it. the 4.0 map wasnt the newest and greatest version of it and she updated it. which is great. i totally love it. its original and has that great feel, like docks. i miss battlecow. i miss docks  :oops: and i love uptown. its just i cant play it because 30fps + lag = hell. and i dont like it when i know i have the potential to have more frags than 1 per 10 deaths. it really sucks.

same here keres.i usually /quit when uptown comes.
but makes me happy enough knowing that such a nice map isn't lost like docks and will be ok in 4.1 ;)

#20 User is offline   Oswald (old) Icon

• LocationWishin' I was in SoCal

Posted 01 September 2007 - 06:57 AM

uptown is not being completely rebuilt, like we should do, which would be the right way unless I really missed something...it will be improved (FPS), but to do it right would require a full rebuild from the ground up, like we had planned with Docks.

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

2 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942