1. there is no hinting

How do you know?

#22 User is offline   žalost (old) Icon

• vivisectionist
  • Locationseahorse seahell

Posted 03 September 2007 - 03:52 PM

How do you know?

1. obvisious. /r_showtris 1.

and decompile cuz i wondered if it did after i did the /r_showtris. ;)

#23 User is offline   L3mMinG (old) Icon

Posted 05 September 2007 - 08:52 PM

"faster cpu/fsb > fast video card" for the current uptown version.

#24 User is offline   žalost (old) Icon

• vivisectionist

Posted 05 September 2007 - 09:53 PM

i would think that a 1.6ghz 384rAm and 128mb agp would give fair fps... and if i play it by myself its fair. maybe 5-10 less than any other map. but ppl use smoke too much on that map and one time it even dropped to 1fps  :oops:

im running on 800x600 res, low tex detail, high geo detail, and stuff that isnt that insane quality ;)

#25 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations
  • Account: woekele

Posted 06 September 2007 - 12:54 AM

Don't wanna be mean Keres, but that's like a 6 year old PC or something? I would not expect it to give fair fps at all.

By the way, 128MB agp doesn't mean anything. A 32MB PCI-card can be like 10 times faster. Same with Ghz's btw, they don't mean much, different between Pentium 3 1,4Ghz and Sempron2500 is huge, even though they're both 1400Mhz. And to some extent, the same goes for RAM. Depending on type/brand, the differences can be huge. So when giving specs, it's nice to be more specific.

And indeed it's not insane quality, but it's an old engine which isn't optimised at all for todays games/systems. So yeah, you will need a more beefy system than one might expect from the quality. The engine is not the only responsable for performance, it's what you do with the engine.

And of course the vis-blocking is missing on uptown, making it worse for you ;)

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#26 User is offline   AKGRIZZLY (old) Icon

• LocationAlaska

Posted 06 September 2007 - 07:04 AM

i would think that a 1.6ghz 384rAm and 128mb agp would give fair fps... and if i play it by myself its fair. maybe 5-10 less than any other map. but ppl use smoke too much on that map and one time it even dropped to 1fps  :oops:

im running on 800x600 res, low tex detail, high geo detail, and stuff that isnt that insane quality ;)

To contrast these I run similar settings on a p4 3.2 with an Nvidia 8600GT/256 PCI-E on vista home basic with only 512MB of system RAM (which shouldn't even be able prop up vista) and get a locked in frame rate of 125, I mean steady 125 too, even smoky, which really makes no logical sense, and yet it happens cycle after cycle on uptown.  Go figure.  :roll:

#27 User is offline   Minimum Rage (old) Icon

• LocationBelgium

Posted 06 September 2007 - 11:43 AM

i got a very old computer
Athlon XP 2400+, 512mb, gf4 ti4200

No fps issues here. Everything runs smooth.

#29 User is offline   Nexu Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: nexu
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 06 September 2007 - 04:10 PM

By the way, 128MB agp doesn't mean anything. A 32MB PCI-card can be like 10 times faster.

That might be a bit exaggerated, but it's true that solely reporting the amount of VRAM on the video card is not a good indicator of its performance. Such as GF6150 (onboard gpu) can have 128MB VRAM (using system RAM) but being slower than a GF4Ti with 64MB VRAM.

#30 User is offline   žalost (old) Icon

• vivisectionist

Posted 06 September 2007 - 10:07 PM

omfg lets not be so critical.

-

@ AKGRIZZLY

smoke is drawn in little boxes that have transperent textures on them, called sprites, you may not see the entire range of the smoke grenade that your PC has to process because of this transperency.

-

Just because im getting bad fps on uptown, and some people with a quad core arent, doesnt mean alot. I have to use this computer for the internet because my good PC is incapable of having internet. ive tried.

my vid card is a geforce MX 4000. this is the only game ive played so far on medium detail that gets horrible FPS.

Thank you bladekiller for adding hints. hopefully, it will at least bump up to 10 more FPS than normal. I get a normal 70FPS on any other map. I couldnt go by without noticing this.

-

-

• (7 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942