Urban Terror Forums: As a new UrT player - I would like to say thanks to.... - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

As a new UrT player - I would like to say thanks to....

#1 User is offline   BorderFox Icon

• Account: borderfox

Posted 31 August 2007 - 12:43 PM

Hi all,

I realise, that being a 'noob', it can be quite hard to earn some sort of respect and tolerance from 'certain' players who have been playing for a long time. It can be quite difficult get the jumps, speed and aiming right all of the time, but with time and practice - that will change.

So the purpose of this thread - is to essentially thank any other UrT player, who you feel deserves to be acknowledged for their time and assistance.

-----

30.08.07 - Location: UrT Jumpserver

My first two go to Waldo and 7th for taking the time-out yesterday to show me how to get my jumps going. I was there for hours and having certain difficulties..

I must admit, these two were great.

Why? Eventhough they were well advanced into the map, they came back to the start when help was asked for and it wasn't just 'watch me do it', but the jumps and techniques were also explained to me. I learnt something.

Credit guys - it's people like you that encourages a 'noob' like me to practice more and not loose heart.

Regards,

Border

#2 User is offline   thYp Icon

• Account: thyp

Posted 31 August 2007 - 02:59 PM

I got the feeling something just flew into my eye  :cry:

#3 User is offline   Oswald (old) Icon

• LocationWishin' I was in SoCal

Posted 31 August 2007 - 04:30 PM

yeah Fox sorta difficult at times being new to a game where everyone thinks you should know everything and asking a dumb question brings nothing but criticism. thanks for playing

#4 User is offline   AKGRIZZLY (old) Icon

• LocationAlaska

Posted 31 August 2007 - 11:54 PM

I'm off topic, but if new players come along and read this then it's worth it.

I used to take a lot of pride in pumping up a noob to get his game on proper, that has changed to certain degree lately.

I'm running into a certain strain of noobs who seem to have trouble being cheeky at the mouth and popping off with sarcastic remarks.  In the last week I've had my grammar corrected, called numerous and un-printable names.  I've been forcefully informed that the spas is bugged because it only loads one shell when you push reload, I've been quite adamantly told that the AK does not appear in the loadout menu, and I've been told I am a fascist for supressing lame hax accusations, kick votes and rascist remarks with either Slap/Mute or a combination of those sprinkled with a nuke here and there for flavor.  This doesn't even touch on the personal insults directed at me and in certain instances my family, honestly some people are effing disturbed.

I've also become quite intolerant of New UrT Player.  I've offered to help New UrT Player find his way into the menus, I've asked nicely using in game chat, bigtexts, and also a light peppering of slap/nukes to make the point but they just seem to go running into the fight anyway, even dodging around me in the spawn to get there.  This will not be tolerated.

Frankly I'm sick of having my game time spent having my (initially) polite requests/instructions ignored by New UrT Player, if your name is New UrT Player, your going over the side of the boat-----> SPLASH.

So if there are any noobs out there who feel they have been treated roughly by myself or other long time players or admins, you have my sincere personal apology as I am painfully aware that I have not lived up to my own personal standards nor practiced what I would normally preach on the subject, however your attitude, and not your aptitude, will determine your altitude.

Thank you, and have a wonderful day.

#5 User is offline   Headshot (old) Icon

Posted 01 September 2007 - 03:16 AM

I do my best to try and help people who appear to be new to me. My biggest suggestion is that noobs disregard what other leet/veteran players say and get a vest and helmet on. Learn to play before you try to be leet.

It's hard to learn how to play when you spend most of your time dead. I can't begin to tell the noobs how easy it is for me and veteran players like myself to kill you, when you aren't protecting yourself.

WTF does that mean, I can't begin to tell you? I just did. If you don't want to put on a helmet, at least wear a vest. Helmets and vests save lives! BTW, the two or three headshots it takes to kill you with a helmet are a lot more uncommon than the one it takes without one.

P.S. Just as in the series A Band of Brothers: "Keep moving! If you stand still you will die!"

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   EvoL (old) Icon

• LocationFt. Drum, NY

Posted 01 September 2007 - 04:23 AM

OMG Its been so long since I've been here.  What's up OZ?  How you doin Headshot?  I just downloaded 4.0 with the ioclient, so maybe I'll see y'all around.  Better let everyone know EvoL's back in town.  :evil:

#7 User is offline   Oswald (old) Icon

• LocationWishin' I was in SoCal

Posted 01 September 2007 - 06:56 AM

EvoL who?  :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

Glad to see you back...now back to the topic at hand.

#8 User is offline   BlackRider (old) Icon

Posted 01 September 2007 - 08:58 AM

Hey I was just playing with you, what a coincidence.

Keep it up, it just takes practice.

#9 User is offline   Headshot (old) Icon

Posted 03 September 2007 - 01:22 AM

OMG Its been so long since I've been here.  What's up OZ?  How you doin Headshot?  I just downloaded 4.0 with the ioclient, so maybe I'll see y'all around.  Better let everyone know EvoL's back in town.  :evil:

Good to see you Evol. I'm sure it won't take you long to update your hax to work with 4.0  :mrgreen: It still won't be as good as mine.  :evil:

#10 User is offline   prYldfire (old) Icon

Posted 15 September 2007 - 07:38 PM

Funny: No Urban Sluts ever helped me! ;)
-or-
Seriously On-Topic:  Evol! Great to see you live! I'll never forget you're helping a noob.  Thanks a bunch!  You the man.

what'll it be?

p.s.  You love the hit detection that Oz and Co. have cooked up for 4.0.  It'll really rawk your socks!

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942