• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 28 October 2007 - 05:49 PM

it's awesome.

#12 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations
  • Account: woekele

Posted 28 October 2007 - 05:54 PM

infostring too large (added to much stuff to it with sets commands and by setting very long hostname), causing g_gametype to not be sent properly to client. That's probably what is/was happening.

max size is 1KB, engine limited. I do not feel comfortable changing stuff in q3's engine network code.

#13 User is offline   Nexu Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: nexu
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 28 October 2007 - 08:37 PM

That would require clients and query tools to be updated too probably. Let's not.  :|

#14 User is offline   Csan (old) Icon

• LocationBudapest

Posted 30 October 2007 - 12:18 AM

yeah I also miss some slightly better flag sounds... :)

#15 User is offline   Ben1220 (old) Icon

Posted 11 November 2007 - 09:42 AM

when you said ctf meets ffa I immediatly thought of the timesplitters capture the bag and the other one, bag hold, you just need to hold the flag for the longest time, either until time runs out or until you reach limit, eg 4 minutes, problem with that for this game though, is you dont see everyones position on map, on timesplitters you saw where the bag man was, he was flashing on a radar.  here you could just camp in some spot for a while... also people die alot quicker in this game, massive flag throwing around until everyones dead and the last guy gets 20 seconds until they all respawn and find him.  I've never played capture and hold is that anything like this? 

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   Csan (old) Icon

• LocationBudapest

Posted 12 November 2007 - 06:43 AM

nope. CAH is static flags (areas) around the map you need to capture (touch) and defend until time runs out when you get points based on the number of flags you possess. Then all flags are reset.

CAH in UrT is the best gametype with the most action and fun. It's also for speed freaks. :)
It's the gametype where camping just doesn't make sense at all...

EDIT: it is also the game type (besides FTL) where touching a flag is awarded ;)

#17 User is offline   Equilibrium (old) Icon

• LocationThe Zoo, but they let me out of my cage sometimes.

Posted 12 November 2007 - 07:07 AM

when you said ctf meets ffa I immediatly thought of the timesplitters capture the bag and the other one, bag hold, you just need to hold the flag for the longest time, either until time runs out or until you reach limit, eg 4 minutes, problem with that for this game though, is you dont see everyones position on map, on timesplitters you saw where the bag man was, he was flashing on a radar.  here you could just camp in some spot for a while... also people die alot quicker in this game, massive flag throwing around until everyones dead and the last guy gets 20 seconds until they all respawn and find him.  I've never played capture and hold is that anything like this? 

ah timesplitters. that game was so wacky. i've played through all 3. xD

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.frozensand.com/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942