Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Newbie Questions on server setup Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Mat231228 (old) Icon

Posted 20 March 2008 - 05:29 PM

Hi everyone,

I just started playing Urban Terror and experiencing with server administration.

1) This morning, I tried setting up a server from the GUI in the game. Everything worked fine if I didn't set an admin password. However, it "loads" for ever if a password is set. Why?.
Someone managed to connect to the server even though I didn't setup port forwarding in my router's configuration. How is this possible?

2) What's the difference between running the server from the GUI (ioUrbanTerror executable) or from the server binary (ioUrTded)?
What happens if a "server.cfg" is executed from a graphical instance of the game?

3) From what I understood, the "dedicated" variable defines if the server will report to masterserver(s) or not (value : "1" or "2"). What if it is set to "0". From the GUI, if it is set to "No" ("0"), it loads the graphical part of the game... The two other settings quit the graphical part of the game... Is it normal? How to return to the GUI? What if a server binary is launched with "dedicated to "0"? Will it start a 3D client together with the server? With "dedicated" to "No", does the server report to masterserver(s)?

I thank you in advance for your responses,
Mat

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.urbanterror.info/members/donate/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942