Urban Terror Forums: Urban Terror Modular Administration Tool (UrTMAT) - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Urban Terror Modular Administration Tool (UrTMAT) Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   illogical Icon

•   verified user   
    Retired Master Server Administrator
  • Account: illogical
  • Main tag: 6th|

Posted 15 November 2007 - 02:20 PM

Ages ago Mr.CGB wrote a tool called Q3AdminMod, and it was never really adopted.  My guess is that people did not want to code their own modules, and that is perfectly understandable; not everyone is a programmer.

I just recently wrote my own version of this tool that sends events to module, and only the events they subscribe to.  I'm willing to write modules for people (banning by an arbitrary CVar, banning by IP, gravity settings, extended voting, etc).  Post up your ideas for modules, and I'll see about writing them.  That way when I release the tool, it will have some useful modules already included.  If you would like a copy now, let me know.

#2 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 15 November 2007 - 02:27 PM

not for me, but ideas i've seen implemented (or over-implemented imo) in european servers:

- reporting headshots, nice after a point e.g. > 10, but maybe too much to report each one even the first.
- reporting "killing sprees", nice after a point, e.g. > 5 or 6.
- switching teams forcibly and automatically to even teams. nice but, it may need a bit of thinking on WHO to switch. For example, changing the last joined may work but not always good. e.g. they may be a very good player going to the best team, or changing the highest score of the big team, not a good idea most of the time, since he may be the only reason their team is winning. maybe the best would be a combination of low score + "recently" joined.
- other reporting possibly, e.g. "caps spree" by a single person > 3.

#3 User is offline   AKKODIAK (old) Icon

Posted 15 November 2007 - 03:54 PM

Here's one to add to it.

cl_guid Jewgasm 

#4 User is offline   DJ Schuby Icon

• Account: djschuby

Posted 15 November 2007 - 10:17 PM

At the moment, the only thing I can think of is something that will automatically type in my rcon password for my own server. I always forget to type it in. But yeah, I'm still rather new to being a server admin. I remember on urtadmins.com there was a wallhack demo that I viewed on there. Basically people suspected the guy was wall hacking, so someone recorded a demo, then later when playing it back opened the console and typed in some command to make the walls x-ray-like. Anyway, from that point they could see his crosshairs folloing people through the wall. Perhaps the tool could have auto features like hack checks and stuff, but I probably sound like the teh noobiest noob asking for something like that lol.

#5 User is offline   illogical Icon

•   verified user   

Posted 15 November 2007 - 10:24 PM

At the moment, the only thing I can think of is something that will automatically type in my rcon password for my own server. I always forget to type it in. But yeah, I'm still rather new to being a server admin. I remember on urtadmins.com there was a wallhack demo that I viewed on there. Basically people suspected the guy was wall hacking, so someone recorded a demo, then later when playing it back opened the console and typed in some command to make the walls x-ray-like. Anyway, from that point they could see his crosshairs folloing people through the wall. Perhaps the tool could have auto features like hack checks and stuff, but I probably sound like the teh noobiest noob asking for something like that lol.

That's not what this tool does.  It's designed to help administrate a server, not check if someone is using a wallhack.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   AKKODIAK (old) Icon

Posted 15 November 2007 - 10:27 PM

That's not what this tool does.  It's designed to help administrate a server, not check if someone is using a wallhack.

banning by an arbitrary CVar

#7 User is offline   illogical Icon

•   verified user   

Posted 03 January 2008 - 11:34 PM

The cannot read client cvars beyond what it sent to the server.  And I highly doubt any hack will sent "c_IamHacking 1" to the server.  What you can ban by are things like cl_guid, name, etc...

#8 User is offline   Rookie1 Icon

• Account: rookie1
  • Main tag: ]_[

Posted 04 January 2008 - 03:08 AM

IRC Scorebot

#9 User is offline   Seven of Nine Icon

•   former FS member   
  • Account: sevenofnine
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 04 January 2008 - 07:39 PM

the only thing I can think of is something that will automatically type in my rcon password for my own server

off topic, Use ASE, go to your server, right click -> server properties and fill in the rcon and your done :)

#10 User is offline   OprahsJocks (old) Icon

Posted 31 December 2008 - 06:19 PM

At the moment, the only thing I can think of is something that will automatically type in my rcon password for my own server. I always forget to type it in.

Go into your q3ut4 folder, you should a heap of .pk3 files, (which are maps) plus your .cfg files. One of these is called 'autoexec'. Whatever commands are in the autoexec file will be initiated upon start up of urt. So go into there and type  'set password ........' for the private slots, and under that 'set rconpassword ........'
Sorted.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942