Advertisement
  • (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Smokey, Smokey

#1 User is offline   paelleon (old) Icon

Posted 23 November 2007 - 02:39 PM

Okay, so I'm a n00b. Getting better, but it takes practice, and being in the backwater of the planet with ping times touching 180 on a good day, makes practice kinda difficult.

That said, I do get to play on local lan networks every now and then. And here is my problem ... how would you (and I know most of you will have to think back to your formative years) deal with a team who like to throw smoke grenades into the spawn point (on team dm) and then mow you down either while stuck in the smog, or stumbling coughing and blinking from it. I've tried waiting for the smoke to clear, but then I end up waiting a looong time (3 or more people doing it, 6 grenades, couple of minutes per grenade) and I'm easily bored.

I'm also easily confused, so use small words and hand gestures ...

#2 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 23 November 2007 - 02:48 PM

do they use goggles too and you not? because smoke+goggles is a very 'haxy' situation.

#3 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations
  • Account: woekele

Posted 23 November 2007 - 03:16 PM

I would just sprint out the smoke and start spamming my AK :P

#4 User is offline   {C9}Wolverine (old) Icon

• LocationWashington State, USA

Posted 23 November 2007 - 04:49 PM

do they use goggles too and you not? because smoke+goggles is a very 'haxy' situation.

pffffft

#5 User is offline   wraith4.x (old) Icon

• Urban Soul
  • Locationthe depths

Posted 23 November 2007 - 09:57 PM

agreed....some ppl will try anything in a desperate attempt :roll:

get a kick out of them not seeing me though when i'm standing right beside them for the slash :evil:

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   DJ Schuby Icon

• Account: djschuby

Posted 23 November 2007 - 10:30 PM

I'd just try and throw he nades out of the smoke circle and out to the bad guys shooting me. Or maybe just do some sprinting and jumping and crazy fast moves to get out of the smoke. If everything fails for you just use the tac goggles and you can see the bad guys through the smoke.

#7 User is offline   AKGRIZZLY (old) Icon

• LocationAlaska

Posted 23 November 2007 - 11:05 PM

Only the lowest life forms smoke spawns in TDM.  It's just....lame.  It's too bad you can't neuter smoke out of TDM with a cvar but you can only do ALL nades on/off, including launcher.  Nothing is more lame than smoke+goggles in TDM.  Smoke is a tactical tool and I consider it appropriate only in CTF.  Smoke-gogglers in TDM should be mercilessly ridiculed.

#8 User is offline   {C9}Wolverine (old) Icon

• LocationWashington State, USA

Posted 23 November 2007 - 11:07 PM

:roll:

#9 User is offline   paelleon (old) Icon

Posted 24 November 2007 - 02:01 PM

Thanks guys. The n00b has been well informed.

As far as I know they don't use the goggles, and I spose with friendly fire off, the goggles would be a solution. Because the goggles highlight everyone I didn't think they would help in TDM. I'll try the sprint ... maybe it's just a case of better map knowledge, I find myself sprinting into walls more often than not. I'm never sure where I'm facing in dense smoke, and in games with only one exit from the spawn point I find myself running in circles looking for an exit from the smoke. That may be just my n00bishness tho'.

#10 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 24 November 2007 - 02:17 PM

Because the goggles highlight everyone I didn't think they would help in TDM.

maybe too "multitasking" for beginners but one can use the map to see where teammates are, and if no one is front, everything one sees is enemies.

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942