• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

The need for bomb mode!

#31 User is offline   Headshot (old) Icon

Posted 03 December 2007 - 05:19 PM

Ok Let everyone keep exploiting these skills and see how long this game lasts. I may be wrong, but I have loved this game for years and loved playing it. Recently that feeling has changed, and it is mostly due to these tricks and how good people are getting at them. I could spend the time to learn how to fly around maps, but where is the fun in that? That's not why I play this game. Eventually they will be all UrT is known for and the thrill will be gone. A well designed map is fun because of the obstacles. Remove the obstacles and the map is no longer fun.

#32 User is offline   {C9}Wolverine (old) Icon

• LocationWashington State, USA

Posted 03 December 2007 - 05:28 PM

Ok Let everyone keep exploiting these skills and see how long this game lasts. I may be wrong, but I have loved this game for years and loved playing it. Recently that feeling has changed, and it is mostly due to these tricks and how good people are getting at them. I could spend the time to learn how to fly around maps, but where is the fun in that? That's not why I play this game. Eventually they will be all UrT is known for and the thrill will be gone. A well designed map is fun because of the obstacles. Remove the obstacles and the map is no longer fun.

Seems like the game has already lasted 7+ years. I see more players every day. Again, I didn't really spend the time learning to fly around a map, I learned while playing. The high speeed, low drag is what makes Urban terror what it is, take that away and you no longer have Urban Terror. Instead you have a carbon copy clone of every other realism based FPS out there.

#33 User is offline   Juno Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: juno
  • Main tag: ~SG~

Posted 03 December 2007 - 05:31 PM

I could spend the time to learn how to fly around maps, but where is the fun in that? 

THIS IS PURE FUN!
Look on servers with jump maps ONLY.
I remember ppl was jumping maps to get knwo how to do that. Without ANy fight. Just jumping.
So ppl tried hard.
Why not to say about it all newbies and advice to train more?
No, U want to change game cause U cant jump as others can.
NERD TALK

#34 User is offline   AKGRIZZLY (old) Icon

• LocationAlaska

Posted 03 December 2007 - 06:39 PM

Heh, it's pretty difficult to describe wallhopping in for the 5 second cap on uptown (just for example) as "exploits" or "exploiting" since wallhoping is a major feature intentionally added to the game by the developers.  I spent a lot of time learning to hop uptown and there's plenty there I either don't know or can't pull off in-game. 

It does begin to sound like your sore at leet movers when you describe it that way.

Regardless, tally-ho fire off a bomb server man I'll patronize it and I'll even stfu and play for once.  :roll:

#35 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 03 December 2007 - 09:05 PM

Seems like the game has already lasted 7+ years.

It's aging.

And if it's true it won't be updated and won't be opened, it'll keep a small attendance for years more but don't expect much.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#36 User is offline   hannibal_lagtor (old) Icon

• Locationthe netherlands

Posted 03 December 2007 - 10:05 PM

I couldn't imagine competing against a team that is full of members who know all the tricks to a map like that. For me it just wouldn't be fun at all. I won't compete against some teams in ctf because of this.

This just isn't true. Yes, in the best teams most people can fly through a map at 900 speed. But there are teams with only very good jumpers that aren't so good.
About the effect of trickjumping on new players: I played Urban Terror years ago, don't know exactly what versions - somewhere around the time when casa was released - but there was no walljumping or powersliding (and I didn't know too much about moving fast any way). Years later I was looking for a game to play on my local network and found Urban Terror 3.7. The only non-punkbuster server around was Uptown Only from urban zoo. When I first witnessed the amazing jumps some of those drunken germans could make the only thing I thought was: I want to do those jumps myself.

#37 User is offline   Slicey (old) Icon

Posted 03 December 2007 - 10:38 PM

same here lagtor! UZ|Uptown only ftw :-D

#38 User is offline   X8 (old) Icon

Posted 10 December 2007 - 07:19 PM

I love playing Bomb Mode on pubs, it's truely alot of fun.

To the BD admins: Try integrating Bomb Mode into your map cycle like FSK did a year ago or so. FSK would have a couple maps in the rotations designated as bomb mode (they even had FTL a couple times, which is awesome  :-D :-D :-D). This way people will be playing their beloved CTF and then once in a while get a taste of Bomb Mode.

PS- love the server.

#39 User is offline   Nexu Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: nexu
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 10 December 2007 - 08:01 PM

Geez Headshot, not all new urbanterror players are completely retarded. Some of them can actually pick up those 'tricks" pretty fast once they have seen it it's being possible and some explanation of how to do it.

I wish you would stop treating as if all new players to urbanterror are completely utterly retarded and unable to learn these tricks and need to nurtured as they were fragile. I for one, being new to urbanterror since june this year, feels somewhat insulted with all your assumptions that new to this game equal being too retarded to learn and pick up tricks from 'veteran' players.

#40 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 10 December 2007 - 08:07 PM

Some old players are newbier in certain gametypes because they may not touch them. Few are comfortable with bomb. A 4.0 player is probably more comfortable with bomb than most others if he plays it constantly. And some come from other FPS games so certain basic aspects don't need re-learning.

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942