[img][/img]

#24 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 03 December 2007 - 11:45 AM

Posted Image

It's still alive.

#25 User is offline   Alpha-Slayer (old) Icon

Posted 03 December 2007 - 02:59 PM

I happen to love bombmode. The new kids dont tend to be in it as much because they can't do too many tricks. Not too often on the 2 bombservers that I play do I get called a hax, kick voted or cursed at. Just plain and simple fun. It involves more strategy than shoot and run. Different types for different people for different moods. I also very much love CTF too. The trick jumpers actually make it more challenging for me. Now instead of badgering all the sr8+spas+corner hugger of 2.4, we got the run and shoot all over the place 13 yr old pwning us. I have noticed that a good aim can overcome just about any jump. I completely dumped KEV, can't even use it anymore. I die quick, but it makes the game fun.

Nothing will ever make this game not fun for me....I don't think any technique will ruin it for me!(Except hacking).

Anyway...all my opinion and I do not submit it to you as fact.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#26 User is offline   Kendle Icon

•   verified user   
    www.urban-zone.org
  • Account: kendle

Posted 03 December 2007 - 03:33 PM

I still have the urge to re-iterate headshots point.  I don't think he ever actually requested a nerfing of anything.  I think he's right on in that bomb mode could be a lot more than it is. If BD clan decides to give bomb a shot in the arm, I think that's a net gain for everyone.

I agree, however the opening post kinda went "Bomb = good | CTF = bad". If he'd stopped at explaining why Bomb was good, and not tried to imply CTF was driving people away, he'd have more luck IMO. When you attack something you invite others who don't agree with your viewpoint to defend it.

Personally I'd like to see more of everything, but expecting people to play a mode they don't like isn't going to increase player numbers, providing more of what they do like maybe will. More, and better admin'ed, public servers (of all modes) and more and better structured competitions, with divisions to cater for all skill levels (and maybe a pre-season to seed them if you really don't know who's better than who) etc.

#27 User is offline   MerkyMerc Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Account: merkymerc

Posted 03 December 2007 - 04:01 PM

[redundancy]
I didn't read every post in here, I'm sure it was said quite a few times, but UrT CTF would be nothing without the strafe jumping etc. IMHO. It's really not hard to strafe jump at all. When one learns how to, and then how to combine it with walljumping and running a flag back to your base, it feels very rewarding.
[/redundancy]

EDIT:
oh yea the topic, I would love to play bomb mode. I support any bomb mode venture.

#28 User is offline   Slicey (old) Icon

Posted 03 December 2007 - 04:12 PM

Then just about as fast, capture the blue flag by using the same techniques to get back to the red roof with lightning speed. This unfair advantage gained by individuals who probably spend countless hours on empty servers learning all the tricks to the map, while most are actually playing Urban Terror trying to get better at the real objectives, has taken the fun out of the game.

Unfair advantage? because they spent more time playing the game than you? lol!

#29 User is offline   Headshot (old) Icon

Posted 03 December 2007 - 05:02 PM

Maybe some of you haven't seen what I have seen, and can't understand what I'm talking about. Someone mentioned Uptown in a reply here. That map is a perfect example of what I am talking about. People fly around uptown like they have super powers, giving the average player no chance at all to defend against. I couldn't imagine competing against a team that is full of members who know all the tricks to a map like that. For me it just wouldn't be fun at all. I won't compete against some teams in ctf because of this.

This discussion has nothing to do with pubs. Anything goes in the pubs, and it should. What has happened is these tricks have taken the design and layouts of these maps and basically removed them. Maps are designed to give obstacles, and a reason to go a certain way and actually give the other team a chance to cut the flag carrier off. People are bouncing over roof tops and off walls that were never meant to be even traveled on. They move around a map as a wall hacker sees through buildings, as if they weren't there. You say a wall hacker has an advantage because they can see through walls, even though they can't shoot through them. Well a trickster has that same advantage in maneuvering around a map against someone who doesn't posses those skills. That's really all I was getting at.

I thought the idea of UrT was to over power or kill the other team and get their flag, not fly across the roof tops and bounce off the walls to get their flag. These tricks exploit map's designs, as in superman, uptown and others. Some people today spend more time learning how to fly around than they do learning how to use their weapons. I want some challenge from people shooting at me, not the challenge of shooting them as they bounce off the walls. I would like to be out shot, not out maneuvered. Isn't that what Urban Terror is about?

#30 User is offline   Juno Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: juno
  • Main tag: ~SG~

Posted 03 December 2007 - 05:08 PM

I thought the idea of UrT was to over power or kill the other team and get their flag, not fly across the roof tops and bounce off the walls to get their flag. These tricks exploit map's designs, as in superman, uptown and others. Some people today spend more time learning how to fly around than they do learning how to use their weapons. I want some challenge from people shooting at me, not the challenge of shooting them as they bounce off the walls. I would like to be out shot, not out maneuvered. Isn't that what Urban Terror is about?

I cant imagine why u think what idea of urt is or what is not?
If dev team created game in that shape it means u received a tool with all this features.
U cannot complain thet u cannot play better.
All of us were begginers.
UrT is about all these things u wrote. All these good for U and wrong for U.
If u can manage OK, if this job is to hard to U, change job.
May be U will be boss in Need For Speed?
regards.

• (5 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942