• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New Map Release: UT_CONTRADA Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   rashly (old) Icon

• Locationlong island

Posted 24 May 2004 - 02:15 AM

damn, this map is awsome. the gameplay reminds me of toxic2.

#12 Guest_Wil Badger

Posted 24 May 2004 - 02:37 PM

just picked it up Meat i'll check it tonight then upload .

#13 Guest_saltburn

Posted 26 May 2004 - 01:03 AM

i belive this map has the potential to be very good, the gameplay seems like it would flow well (but hey, i'm not mapper). and it seems very symetical. oh btw, i noticed only one problem, the textures. in one spot, i forgot, the texture of the roofs changes and it's kind of annoying.

oh yeah, using wall jumps you can get to some good places to hide the flag in flag stand offs on one side (i forgot).

anyway, i can't wait to play it on a pub.

#14 Guest_Wolfseye

Posted 26 May 2004 - 12:54 PM

Dont jump to the roofs :lol:

With walljumps now, makes this game a Jump´Run Game instead of an Ego-Shooter... and this seems not the way its supposed to be, but its just my oppinion ! ;)

With Walljumps you even get on ABBEY on places where the whole Roofs disappear, and this is supposed to be a integrated Map, which should not contains those bugs, because it should be well tested before, when its an official map :lol: . But ........ :roll:

I am sure, my friend ;) Mad Horse didn´t realized that there would be Bunny Jumping now, so normaly you´ll never get on the roofs to see, I think.

He surely did not know, that URBAN TERROR will be a mixture of Giana Sisters & Pit Fall some day ... :lol:

But eiter way, I will tell him and ask him to fix it. Should be no big deal !

Wolfseye :roll:

#15 User is offline   |NV|S (old) Icon

• LocationSanta Clarita, CA

Posted 26 May 2004 - 07:52 PM

With Walljumps you even get on ABBEY on places where the whole Roofs disappear, and this is supposed to be a integrated Map, which should not contains those bugs, because it should be well tested before, when its an official map :lol: . But ........ :roll:

But eiter way, I will tell him and ask him to fix it. Should be no big deal !

Wolfseye :roll:

I have to agree with you here, a feature such as this that is a make/break item for gamplay should warrent an overhaul of maps, its a pain in the @ss to do, but its a must.

Some mappers clip all the areas that they know were never meant to gotten to not matter what is possible is far as manuevers. So that later on this kind of thing shouldnt be a problem. I for the life of me cant remember if I did this on streets2 as its so darn vertical, but I am pretty sure I did so on Crenshaw. Airport however should be interesting to clip, I really need to check into this more. Remember that every player clip you add to your level is considered "Collision" and takes up valueable memory and makes collision calculations just that much harder. ( If URT strays from this 27 will most assuredly let me know )

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   Vaughan (old) Icon

• LocationPacific Northwest

Posted 26 May 2004 - 07:54 PM

Hey |NV|S,

Do you have any plans of ever bringing out a final version of Point Blank? That map was probably the best looking Urban Terror map in my opinion.

#17 User is offline   |NV|S (old) Icon

• LocationSanta Clarita, CA

Posted 26 May 2004 - 08:24 PM

Hey |NV|S,

Do you have any plans of ever bringing out a final version of Point Blank? That map was probably the best looking Urban Terror map in my opinion.

Thanks for the kind words, but No it will never get finished. Pointblank was originally designed in hopes that URT players would adopt larger maps like Intermodal, and Sands Unfortunatly this game's community seems to rembrace the smaller maps like turnpike and ut27 (for some totally insane reason) moreso than the larger maps. Pointblank would make a great BF1942 DesertCombat map....but not so much for Urban Terror.

#18 User is offline   Oswald (old) Icon

• LocationWishin' I was in SoCal

Posted 26 May 2004 - 08:29 PM

Maps are well tested prior to release. Unlike all the perfectionists out there, the dev team is only human and prone to miss something.

#19 User is offline   Roadkill (old) Icon

• Locationroyal.stockholm.se

Posted 27 May 2004 - 05:02 PM

Contrada does look sweet. Have to give it a try when getting home :)

#20 Guest_kan

Posted 31 May 2004 - 07:31 PM

The map is great :)

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942