Advertisement
  • (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

New Map Release: UT_CONTRADA Rate Topic: -----

#21 Guest_Maximus

Posted 12 June 2004 - 02:52 PM

Excellent work MadHorse. This map looks sweet, and in third party maps, that's what mathers since unfortunately they will never get played with strategy. Maybe one day SID will give you the oportunity to bump it into an official mappack. That would be sweet.

Cheers!

#22 Guest_Wolfseye

Posted 12 June 2004 - 04:53 PM

Maybe one day SID will give you the oportunity to bump it into an official mappack. That would be sweet.

Cheers!

Yeah, i always told MadHorse that his Maps are cool. Even the old ones. And there is still a Map coming soon...

Soon on URBANBASE ;)

I promise you, this map to come is great ;) I tested it...

But to your quote, It would be sweet, but SID gives not many maps a chance. There are a lot really good maps, but they probably never get a chance. For Example: VILLAGE 23

COuld be cool for UrT Integrated Map, but you probably never see this in it. :)

But who knows, maybe the world changes back...

Wolfseye :wink:

#23 Guest_Maximus

Posted 12 June 2004 - 09:46 PM

Well, what I actually was talking about was recruiting someone for the Sillicon Ice team. Don't know if they still take people in for nice work. But MadHorse is proving himself over again in my opinion.

#24 Guest_Wolfseye

Posted 12 June 2004 - 09:52 PM

Ok, but he told me he had already asked SID for that, asked for that but no Response or Reply. ;) And why did that not surprise me ???

He could be a huge Win for SID and for mapping but ...... :)

Wolfseye :cry:

#25 Guest_Maximus

Posted 12 June 2004 - 10:13 PM

Well a lot of people have been recruited by SID like this, like Dragonne, |NV|S, ...

But there's gotta be a limit, if they have enough people working on it, then it's gotta be that way.

But I think MadHorse should find some way of making his work worth the while. In Urban Terror maybe 100 people will ever see this map. 50 of which only to look around in it once. That's a terrible waste. If you take this work and convince some development team, maybe you can make something out of this work.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#26 User is offline   BludShoT Icon

• Account: bludshot
  • Main tag: [T]

Posted 14 June 2004 - 06:57 PM

100 people is like half the community :wink:

#27 Guest_Maximus

Posted 16 June 2004 - 01:06 PM

Interesting point... But i'm saying they will only see it once and then close it.

#29 Guest_Maximus

Posted 16 June 2004 - 05:50 PM

Sorry but what league? Definetely not in Clanbase...

And personally as a ladderplayer for many years, I don't think third party maps should get in there, unless they are selected by someone with the intellect to choose good maps. Someone... like SID! :roll:

It was the same with the mapcontest some time ago. There were maps that were embraced by the community. Not every map as much as the other, but some SID maps don't get played as well. And I think that definetely Sliema and Paradise got the attention they deserved. Which r0xed. Cause we pwned HV on Paradise after a 20 minute Flash attack. But that's another story. :lol:

#30 User is offline   Blade (old) Icon

• LocationThe Netherlands.

Posted 16 July 2004 - 04:10 PM

Contrada rules

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942