• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

What's your main beef with 4.0?

#11 User is offline   Tarquin Icon

• Account: tarquin
  • Main tag: iCu*

Posted 17 December 2007 - 06:14 PM

increase ammo and movement penalty in sr8. plus reduce amount of time required in zoom

#12 User is offline   Nexu Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: nexu
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 17 December 2007 - 06:26 PM

increase ammo and movement penalty in sr8. plus reduce amount of time required in zoom

:o  That makes the SR8 even more point-shoot-kill ? Seems to make the balance between automatic with SR8 even bigger to me.

#13 User is offline   MerkyMerc Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Account: merkymerc

Posted 17 December 2007 - 06:36 PM

Gotta join the SR8's to beat em. I think the SR8 is perfect.  8-)

#14 User is offline   AKGRIZZLY (old) Icon

• LocationAlaska

Posted 17 December 2007 - 06:54 PM

My main beef is borked bans.  The rest is fine with me, I'd f2 any more weapons tweaks personally, they've been up and down the scale for years.  Just let it be.  Gameplay is superb, weapons are great, the UI is great, I dunno what else one could ask for save for expanded radio calls to include some classics maybe.  I know a lot of people suffer with frame rate issues and things like vis blocking in maps were discussed to death at release time.

Things like duplicate names etc have already been discussed. 

The TK forgiveness threshold/reconnect bug could use some attention.  I know some people question whether or not that bug exists, I can confirm that it certainly does.

It's a great game, they've done a fine job, don't fix what isn't broken.  I'm sure I'll think of stuff to yip about if I spent any time on it.

#15 User is offline   Kendle Icon

•   verified user   
    www.urban-zone.org
  • Account: kendle

Posted 17 December 2007 - 08:43 PM

After years of tweaking I think you've got the balance of UrT pretty much spot on. There are plenty of games out there with one stand out superior class / weapon....UrT isn't one of them, which is one of the reasons I love it ;)

The only thing I want for UrT is working anti-cheat and for the Devs to win the Lottery so they can buy a license for id tech 4 and re-make the game on a modern engine to appeal to those who can't get past UrT's 7-year old graphics. :)

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   Seven of Nine Icon

•   former FS member   
  • Account: sevenofnine
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 17 December 2007 - 08:52 PM

*cough*SPAS*cough*  :-P

#17 User is offline   Kr0m Icon

•   former FS member   
    Lead Forums Administrator
  • Account: kr0m

Posted 17 December 2007 - 09:43 PM

Sorry, I'm just lookin for people's opinions on what they think *should* be changed. There's a 34 page thread full of arguing (woek posted link) that you can post in if you don't feel like contributing to this one.
:)

#18 User is offline   Slicey (old) Icon

Posted 17 December 2007 - 09:47 PM

I reckon weapon balance should be put back to how it was in 3.7. Perfect :-)

#19 User is offline   DeathOn2Legs (old) Icon

Posted 17 December 2007 - 09:52 PM

With the scope hax that's out there we are thinking of turning the snipers off on our server.

The SPAS is a little overpowered at distance.

Bans issues.

Some type of Cheat detection like Punkbuster for IOUrT

Fix Mandolin.

#20 User is offline   Nonus (old) Icon

Posted 17 December 2007 - 09:59 PM

Classic radio commands is a must I think :) I <3 I GOT ONE OF THEM BASTARDS!

Also maybe a way to save the stats info so you can review them on a later date. Just something for fun I think.

My main beef that has been with 3.0+ is that people don't like those long flag battles. Back in the 2.5ish days the use to happen a bit and I found the most entertaining part of the game. Would really test evenly matched teams extremely well and that cap you got when you returned the flag was worth more than a billion quick caps.

Lack of UT_Docks too, was a good and fun map never seen anymore. Same with giant old Intermodal. Eagle too, excellent CTF map I think.

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942