• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

What's your main beef with 4.0?

#21 User is offline   tr!ckn0l0gy (old) Icon

• Locationreal virtuality

Posted 17 December 2007 - 10:15 PM

NVGs - the targeting crosshairs are a bit much, could do without that (even though it's cool)

Map lag - the only difference from 3.7 that I know of was that the lighting's been changed and locked so there's no real fix for it :(

FULL ACK!!

I effin hate those "features" of 4.0!!

#22 User is offline   AKGRIZZLY (old) Icon

• LocationAlaska

Posted 17 December 2007 - 11:23 PM

Don't forget that tac gogs were nerfed down a little from 3.7 where not only would they zero in on a target, but they would also identify whether or not the target was a friend or foe.  Now they give the shooter a target, but no info on whether or not he should shoot at it, much better IMO.  They can always look for a name tag I know but nonetheless. 

Goggle abuse has been linked mostly to smoke nading now in my personal assessment.  Alone they aren't nearly as bad as they used to be and I was a vocal detractor of them prior to 4.0.  Maybe they're nerfed down enough, maybe not, just sayin is all....just sayin.

#23 User is offline   Rapture (old) Icon

Posted 18 December 2007 - 01:38 AM

One thing I would want changed is the respawn protection.  When the newly respawned start firing the protection should be eliminated.  Else, if they don't fire they should have protection as usual (via a timer).  I hope what I typed is clear.  :-)

#24 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations
  • Account: woekele

Posted 18 December 2007 - 05:49 AM

When the newly respawned start firing the protection should be eliminated.

In what situation is this not the case?

#25 User is offline   Ben1220 (old) Icon

Posted 18 December 2007 - 07:49 AM

a better idea then that, allow spawn protection to be set different for different game types, if a vote for ffa is called for example, respawn protection should be lowered as you cant spawn camp in ffa because spawn locations are random, and often newly spawned players are pushed straight into battle with a massive advantage.  Leave it on for tdm and ctf though, oh and the first respawn, at the begining of the game should not have respawn protection, as everyone starts at the same time at the same situation, often for instance in dressing room with too much spawn protection you can get into battles with the other team when both of you still have spawn protection. 

Also as I've said before, allow funstuff to be seen after death, its really silly when all your funstuff just disapears as soon as you die. 

I dont have any problems with weapons, perhaps spas is too powerful at long range but people often dont use it this way. 

just tweaking at this point

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#26 User is offline   Nexu Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: nexu
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 18 December 2007 - 11:55 AM

Also as I've said before, allow funstuff to be seen after death, its really silly when all your funstuff just disapears as soon as you die. 

I asked this on IRC before. The answer was what i suspected: They decided to have them removed due to performance reasons. But i feel it might be nice to have it configurable through a cvar so a server admin could decide to turn it on; or even just so you can playback a demo (where FPS performances is not a key issue) without the funstuff disappear into the thin air.

#27 User is offline   hannibal_lagtor (old) Icon

• Locationthe netherlands

Posted 19 December 2007 - 12:47 AM

spas a little bit too powerfull
i hate the tk auto boot function, would be nice if that was point (or karma  :-P) dependent. cause i like killing near-death teammates just before respawn (ctf)
and a built in server-bot with teambalancing functions + some more would be great  :-)

#28 User is offline   Nexu Icon

•   clan leader   
  • Account: nexu
  • Main tag: |it|

Posted 19 December 2007 - 01:40 AM

spas a little bit too powerfull
i hate the tk auto boot function, would be nice if that was point (or karma  :-P) dependent. cause i like killing near-death teammates just before respawn (ctf)
and a built in server-bot with teambalancing functions + some more would be great  :-)

Auto kick on TK threshold can be disabled completely. Should be the case with pcw match configs, but not on pubs.

#29 User is offline   StrayCat (old) Icon

Posted 19 December 2007 - 05:15 AM

When I get 3 hs's in a row I want a picture of Oz to shoot in from the side of the screen and say "toasty!"

my only real issue that doesn't appear to be stated so far can be summed up in... Silencer on a Negev? eh?  Or better yet how about... silencer on an AK huh?

#30 User is offline   Phantomas71 Icon

• Account: phantomas71

Posted 19 December 2007 - 05:24 AM

G36 too easy HS

say what you want (like for the "lol visible" old white skins),
i've tried it a couple of time...
a bit ridicolous sometimes even without aim the head...
reminds me the old mpk5 hs machine.

all the rest is ok, waiting very quietly.

can't wait to see the STA job about anticheat.

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942