Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Playing demo on Linux Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Rambetter Icon

•   community dev   
  • Account: rambetter

Posted 23 December 2007 - 01:49 AM

Howdy folks.  I'm Rambetter, I'm sure some of you know me.  I'm running Urban Terror on Linux, and I'm having a problem viewing demos.  I had this problem on 4.0, and I'm having it on 4.1 as well.

- When I started 4.1 for the first time, I was able to play the tutorial demo successfully (and I enjoyed it lol, gj!)
- When I try to go back to the tutorial demo from the main menu, it says "couldn't open demos/TUTORIAL.dm_68".
- I am able to make demos successfully; I make demos of haxors and email them to my friends and they're able to view them properly.  However, I cannot view demos, get same error "couldn't open...".

Has anyone had this problem?  Any solutions?

#2 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations
  • Account: woekele

Posted 23 December 2007 - 02:34 AM

Open them through the console instead of the menu. Enter a few chars and hit tab for auto-complete.

/demo blah <tab>

#3 User is offline   999 (old) Icon

Posted 06 January 2008 - 07:54 AM

I had this problem too. It turned out to be the fact that the filename was in caps and it was trying to open it in little letters (what's the word?), or the other way round. I just renamed the file using the different case and it worked fine.

#4 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 06 January 2008 - 08:52 AM

It turned out to be the fact that the filename was in caps

see this thread(not only the first post): http://forums.urbant...pic,4013.0.html

uh, btw i thought that was fixed? i guess not.

edit: a fast hack i usually used is to just rename it to "1.dm_68", it helps even if it worked but you just need a fast reference in a long list of demos.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942