• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

ut4_harbortown Rate Topic: -----

#11 User is offline   AKGRIZZLY (old) Icon

• LocationAlaska

Posted 24 December 2007 - 10:46 PM

Why should they miss out on the map where an option exists for them to remove the irritant?  How does that hurt anything?  :?

#12 User is offline   {C9}Wolverine (old) Icon

• LocationWashington State, USA

Posted 24 December 2007 - 11:04 PM

There's no option to remove the irritant unless the mapper chooses to. My major beef with this thread is the demanding tone of some of the posters and the degratory tone of others. Vinegar doesn't attract flies but honey does.

#14 User is offline   AKGRIZZLY (old) Icon

• LocationAlaska

Posted 25 December 2007 - 12:18 AM

fastsky never bothered me, I never turned it off even on my lowliest machines.  Things that are purely aesthetic and offer no advantage such as muzzle flash on/off ought to be left to the user, it's not like it removes the flash in an opponents view.  I only recently became aware that in-game sound options didn't effect things in the map so....  :|

#15 User is offline   Muffie Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: muffie

Posted 25 December 2007 - 12:50 AM

when u turned the skybox off it made it entirely black, making a huge adv to ppl that didn't use the skybox

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   {C9}Wolverine (old) Icon

• LocationWashington State, USA

Posted 25 December 2007 - 12:56 AM

Which everybody can do so its not really an "advantage" per se. I never did because I felt it uglified the map.

#17 User is offline   Sinni Icon

•   former FS member   
  • Account: sinni

Posted 25 December 2007 - 07:00 AM

ok, for 1) don't blame the mapper, blame the foley artist, er, wait, crap, I did both.  Well ok, blame the mapper, but don't blame me entirely.  Not once was it mentioned that the sounds were too loud.  And Yes, i am deaf Brolly, 98% Hearing loss in my right ear and 50% loss in my left.  I still have the volume cranked and balanced out so it sounds "even".  2)  It's not a "poodle", it looked like a Blue heeler, but i'm not real familiar with the dog breeds.  But it's defiantly not a Poodle.  If you have a big dog, record him barking and i'll try to get it replaced.  Nobody around here has a big dog, biggest dog around here is a rottie but only thing she'll do is lick ya to death.  3) i did NOT want it that way, so stop saying the mapper wanted it that way.  I made an error on the amplification of the sounds. 

As for an updated PK3 for the sounds, i'll talk to Blade and hopefully she'll let me release a pk3 with the updated sounds and or map since a couple others pointed out bugs/flaws they found but i doubt she'll let me  do a map update.  Oh and don't think you had anything to do with me adjusting the sounds kramer, I'm doing it cause 2 people i respect informed me on the sounds in a respectful and prudent manner.  so kramer, like Wolf said, "take a flying leap off the tower in Superman."

#18 User is offline   slackin Icon

• Account: slackin
  • Main tag: GlaD-

Posted 25 December 2007 - 07:16 AM

hey, i got pits & dobi's i can record...... lemme get a mic setup to record the big pit and big dobi

#19 User is offline   OMA (old) Icon

Posted 25 December 2007 - 07:23 AM

... 2)  It's not a "poodle", it looked like a Blue heeler, but i'm not real familiar with the dog breeds.  But it's defiantly not a Poodle.  If you have a big dog, record him barking and i'll try to get it replaced.  Nobody around here has a big dog, biggest dog around here is a rottie but only thing she'll do is lick ya to death...

haha... I say if no quick fix then wait for 4.2(?).

#20 User is offline   brolly (old) Icon

Posted 25 December 2007 - 07:53 AM

ok, for 1) don't blame the mapper, blame the foley artist, er, wait, crap, I did both.  Well ok, blame the mapper, but don't blame me entirely.  Not once was it mentioned that the sounds were too loud.  And Yes, i am deaf Brolly, 98% Hearing loss in my right ear and 50% loss in my left.  I still have the volume cranked and balanced out so it sounds "even". 

The deaf comment was a joke but I guess it makes sense now! :)

Did it get tested in QA? That should have been the FIRST thing mentioned lol

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942