Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Scripts and sv_floodprotect Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   wastedscal (old) Icon

Posted 25 December 2007 - 03:05 AM

I know some people use scripts that set commands value.
Do you get the "command delayed due to sv_floodprotect" message for them and if you do how does it affect your game?

#2 User is offline   Mauri (old) Icon

• LocationLisbon, Portugal

Posted 26 December 2007 - 11:28 AM

I use a script to switch between gears (From Sr8, Spas, Beretta, medkit, helmet to --> LR, DE, Kevlar, Helmet, Nades). What  happens with this sv_floodprotect cvar is that I have to stand still at spawn for a while before the changes take effect. If I do it before I spawn there is no problem, but I only use the bind when I spawn so I can use the gear I want according to wherever I spawned.

#3 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations
  • Account: woekele

Posted 26 December 2007 - 12:11 PM

These scripts considerably flood the server, hence the flood protection for it (depends on sv_floodprotect btw, which should be OFF in clanwars, so you shouldn't have problems then).

#4 User is offline   wastedscal (old) Icon

Posted 26 December 2007 - 03:13 PM

I got the same script kind as you do Mauri and face the same problem; thanks for the info.
I was "hoping" that they could be more issue to other scripts people use but seems like not many users still uses any script nowadays ?

As I told you in private message woekele, I understand the why of delaying commands with sv_floodprotect; unfortunately script alike usually do not spam server; I guess it was more for people spaming radio messages and alike and not to disable armless (who doesn't use their script binds just to flood the server).
And indeed, there would be no prob on servers with sv_floodprotect set to 0 for official wars but look how active CB is at since a while; not like if there was more official wars played than pub.
One quick wonder though; what about allowing like 5 commands to be sent with no sv_floodprotect kicking in and only assume it's flood when the amount of commands send to the server is really high and in a short period of time?

Something like 5 commands calls allowed within 10 seconds, if the number of commands is higher, delay the last ones.
Possible?

#5 User is offline   Woekele Icon

•   former FS member   
    Public Relations
  • Account: woekele

Posted 26 December 2007 - 04:07 PM

The scripts do not visibly spam the server, but they do in the background.

I think your suggestion is possible and reasonable, will have to look at it.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   wastedscal (old) Icon

Posted 26 December 2007 - 04:15 PM

I know it's not "visible" spam. Although it is WHEN the script actually spam or the user itself actually spam by hitting his key bind, which is not what I talk about.
I'm talking about people who use "legitimate scripts" that actually only do what they "need" at some specific time; and you seem to understand it.

The thing is, that if I was sending commands constantly then I would consider it as spam/flooding but not when I just send 2 commands in a 1-2 seconds interval at some spawn :)
Thanks for checking this out.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942