• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Revert the SR8 Rate Topic: -----

#41 User is offline   Phantomas71 Icon

• Account: phantomas71

Posted 28 December 2007 - 11:41 AM

Do you see guys jumping from walls to walls, power sliding etc in real life?

Jackie Chan and running on ice?  :-D  :-P  :mrgreen:

#42 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 28 December 2007 - 12:10 PM

Thoughts again about ts vs ctf come to mind. At least in euro rush-y ctf, sr8 was in 4.0 already not that useful.

#43 User is offline   Csan (old) Icon

• LocationBudapest

Posted 28 December 2007 - 12:40 PM

Nice adjustment, FS, thanks!
No need for snipers lock-out on servers any more (for a while...)
And well put, HerrKaputt!

#44 User is offline   wadeski (old) Icon

• LocationUK

Posted 28 December 2007 - 01:55 PM

Ive seen plenty of good players own with sr8 since the change.

what it stops is lame sr8 users staring at a doorway, or corner, zoomed in ALL ROUND because they know they can get a rail kill when someone comes through. Now, if you have very good aim with your auto, you can knock them out of their camp, and then close the distance for the kill.

a good example is the Long Tunnel on Abbey...for so long you have had 1 sniper sitting at the end who is pretty much invincible. Now, at least you can have a gamble-chance of killing him.

If you snipe like Scal and dont zoom until you are about to shoot, its no problem.

if you want to "camp snipe" there is always the PSG - you just dont get teh 1 shot kill.

sniper rifles are supposed to be a support / leet weapon in teh mod anyway. With luck we will no longer see 4 sr8 per team.

#45 User is offline   Mauri (old) Icon

• LocationLisbon, Portugal

Posted 28 December 2007 - 04:40 PM

I personally dislike the unzoom thingy, even though im not a sniper, because it mainly affects snipers who actually moved.  Furthermore, i think that it shouldnt unzoom when you get shot by a spas 20 meters away, I mean, you practically dont even have to aim with that thing.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#46 User is offline   HerrKaputt (old) Icon

Posted 28 December 2007 - 07:12 PM

Stop comparing a game that is meant to be "fun over realism" with real life situation. Do you see guys jumping from walls to walls, power sliding etc in real life?
It's not about comparing what is or is not logic but rather express opinions based on what we, as gamers, experience with the game changes.

I wasn't comparing UrT with real life (you should read my post carefully). I was saying that snipers holding their own against autos in close battles is TOO unrealistic in my opinion. I always felt really awkward when I hit a guy with two or three shots with an auto at close range and he fired right back at me -- zoomed -- and shot me in the head. Now if he's getting sprayed with bullets, he won't be able to do that (except the occasional lucky shot, of course).

Regarding the long range SPAS unzooming: well, you have to do 15% damage, which amounts to 3 pellets hitting I think. Not too easy at long range, so I think it's good.

#47 User is offline   wastedscal (old) Icon

Posted 28 December 2007 - 07:27 PM

I know HerrKaputt; but since you pointed out the "unrealistic" statement I thought it would be good to state that real or not real is not the point.
If it's TOO unrealistic; then we can start screaming at many other things as well. :)

#48 User is offline   {C9}Wolverine (old) Icon

• LocationWashington State, USA

Posted 28 December 2007 - 07:29 PM

I don't know what all the ruckus is about. I've seen just as many good snipers in 4.1 as I saw in 4.0. I also see less people using the SR8 to the exclusion of other guns. It's just my opinion that some people don't like their perfect railgun taken away.

#49 User is offline   Door #3 (old) Icon

Posted 28 December 2007 - 08:07 PM

The sr8 got what it deserved.
My AK is somehow very usable now.
Better squeeze 2 helmets on. If I see an enemy holding an sr8 I will stop what I'm doing to make a brain painting.

#50 User is offline   StonedLemming (old) Icon

• LocationThe Netherlands

Posted 28 December 2007 - 08:37 PM

:lol:

• (21 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942