• Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Revert the SR8 Rate Topic: -----

#51 User is offline   MerkyMerc Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Account: merkymerc

Posted 28 December 2007 - 08:51 PM

I say keep the unzoom feature. It's that much more satisfying when I still pull off close range twitch shots before an auto touches me.

#52 User is offline   AKGRIZZLY (old) Icon

• LocationAlaska

Posted 28 December 2007 - 09:32 PM

It just isn't that bad, I've been sr8ing more than normal just to see.  You can't change it back now, you think people holler about it now just revert it and then duck. 

I agree the idea should go for any scoped weapon though, perhaps with some mild variants.  The number of psg1 spammers is up, that's way more irritating than being unscoped with your Remington.

#53 User is offline   mindriot Icon

Posted 28 December 2007 - 10:35 PM

I agree the idea should go for any scoped weapon though, perhaps with some mild variants.  The number of psg1 spammers is up, that's way more irritating than being unscoped with your Remington.

from a logical standpoint, i also agree all weapons with zoom should be penalized like the sr8.  especially now with the psg1 chest bleed out and 8 rounds/clip.  maybe the g36 can have a reduced penalty, but the sniper rifles should at least be equal in the unzoom feature.

#54 User is offline   don Icon

• Account: don
  • Main tag: GlaD-

Posted 29 December 2007 - 02:30 AM

from a logical standpoint, i also agree all weapons with zoom should be penalized like the sr8.  especially now with the psg1 chest bleed out and 8 rounds/clip.  maybe the g36 can have a reduced penalty, but the sniper rifles should at least be equal in the unzoom feature.

PSG1 doesn't bleedout that often. But it doesn't matter since it seems a lot easier to use and has less recoil. I could never hit anything with it in 4.0 or before, but now I can just spam it and kill 2 or 3 people in seconds. It's a skillless weapon, imo.

#55 User is offline   missingxtension (old) Icon

Posted 29 December 2007 - 09:11 AM

Ive hit plenty of SR8ers in the torso yet they still get the shot off and kill me. No idea how they do it.

i have noticed the same thing happen so many times to me, i check the console and i clearly hit 1st but i am dead.
so who knows it might be a latency issue more than anything, but i sure would hate to see peoples shots disapering if they hit with the sr8 1st

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#56 User is offline   rudcrustage (old) Icon

Posted 30 December 2007 - 12:24 PM

No 4.2 laffs
there must be a 4.2, and it must be all toobs
instagibberish awesomeness

#57 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 30 December 2007 - 01:55 PM

they can drop the dot and be version 42.

the answer to life,the universe and everything.

#58 User is offline   Sxott (old) Icon

Posted 30 December 2007 - 05:04 PM

BludShoT link=topic=9335.msg127061#msg127061 date=1198801394]
Ok, first of all, anyone complaining that I must be some noob who can't use an auto... lol.. that's just plain funny. I've been playing this game longer than most of the people on this forum no doubt - and I mainly use autos. But sometimes its fun to use the SR8. I don't know what fantasy land some of you live in, but I have played in STA and other leagues and ladders over the years, and to make it out like the SR8 was some sort of uber gun better than all the autos is ridiculous. If that were true, then when playing some top clan who was dominating, they would all be loaded out with SR8's when in fact nearly the opposite is true. The top players mainly use autos in matches, because they know that they are better weapons than the SR8 more of the time.

I disagree in a pub the team work sucks and if you are 1 v 1 on riyahd with sr8 vs. lr300 the sr8 will win more often.  If you have a skilled group who works together the snipers get owned.  The problem is that on pubs that is rare.  Usually it is more chaotic than teamwork oriented.

#59 User is offline   slackin Icon

• Account: slackin
  • Main tag: GlaD-

Posted 30 December 2007 - 07:29 PM

man, unless you find a pub with a set of decent players in it, you can assume that there will be no teamwork.

#60 User is offline   BludShoT Icon

• Account: bludshot
  • Main tag: [T]

Posted 30 December 2007 - 09:09 PM

I disagree in a pub the team work sucks and if you are 1 v 1 on riyahd with sr8 vs. lr300 the sr8 will win more often.  If you have a skilled group who works together the snipers get owned.  The problem is that on pubs that is rare.  Usually it is more chaotic than teamwork oriented.

An SR8 *should* beat an lr300 in a 1v1 on riyahd! It's a wide open sniping map. Now do the same 1v1 on something closer quarters like turnpike, and the lr will win. I wasn't even talking about teamwork really, but I guess what you are saying is that in 4.0 SR8's ruined pubs. I guess first of all I would say, who cares, it's a pub, and 2ndly I would say that I doubt they did ruin the pubs, people are just total sucks and can't handle it when an SR8 kills them. For example, someone in this thread gave his example of why the 4.1 sr8 changes were good, and his example was that in 4.0 a sniper could camp from the long hall in Abbey and that it was impossible to kill him head on, he'd camp that corner and get kills every time. Well DUH, that is the advantage of the SR8, only a fool would walk into that doorway, it's not as if there are no flank routes. SR8's have situations where they are superior, and Autos have situations where they are superior, this change is to somewhat satisfy people who feel that the SR8 should have those superior situations removed, thereby making the autos superior in all situations, thereby removing a cool aspect of UrT, that people who can handle being killed by SR8's like a man and come back swinging enjoy.

This is just like the efforts a long time ago to nerf grenades and take that aspect out of the game - and it was. So yeah that makes it more fun for the uber leet LR user with his vertical sensitivity set lower than his horizontal sensitivity so he can get more headshots - he wants the nades nerfed cuz he never used them anyways and he considers them to be "gay". They are gay because he hasn't learned or enjoyed the cool physics behind them and the cool ways they could be used. Same with people who want to marginalize the SR8.

The arguments don't hold water about the SR8 having been an uber rail gun. If it was so good, then why didn't you use it? And if you say "well because it's gay and cheap" or something like that, then I will absolutely call bullshit on you. If there is a weapon in a game that you can own with, you're going to use it, period. To me adding an unzoom to the SR8 would be like adding a random weapon jam to the LR because too many people are getting spammy kills with it (and obviously too many people DO get spammy kills with it and some other guns, so maybe we should add a random weapon jam! That would be fun and not irritating at all right?  :lol: )

• (21 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942