• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Revert the SR8 Rate Topic: -----

#81 User is offline   X8 (old) Icon

Posted 03 January 2008 - 08:31 PM

hehe this isn't Project Reality  :roll:

To all those who like the change to the sr8 and dev team: I can see why you changed it; it makes sense. I thought personally you would make the threshold higher than 15% dmg for the unzoom, and I hope you change that.

and now to why the unzoom is bad: it takes out a whole aspect of the game, which bludshot noted: the rushing sr8. there is nothing more fun than wall jumping around uptown with an sr8 and owning people. now you can't do that. why not? isn't that in the spirit of the game?

two solutions: 1) raise the damage threshold to 50% damage for an unzoom.
                    2) remove the unzoom and revert back to the 4.0 sr8.

personally, i think the increased threshold would be a good compromise.
and honestly, i feel if you fix the sr8 the weapons will be nearly perfect.

#82 User is offline   AKGRIZZLY (old) Icon

• LocationAlaska

Posted 03 January 2008 - 09:35 PM

Just give it to the psg1 plz/thx.  Meddle with the thresholds if you feel like it but don't leave the psg1 without the unscope.  :|

#83 User is offline   slackin Icon

• Account: slackin
  • Main tag: GlaD-

Posted 03 January 2008 - 11:25 PM

you guys are all whiney punks

#84 User is offline   wastedscal (old) Icon

Posted 03 January 2008 - 11:32 PM

two solutions: 1) raise the damage threshold to 50% damage for an unzoom.
                    2) remove the unzoom and revert back to the 4.0 sr8.

I think you mist the fundamental third option; let me rephrase you:
three solutions: 1) FS do what they think is the best for their game*
                      2) raise the damage threshold to 50% damage for an unzoom.
                      3) remove the unzoom and revert back to the 4.0 sr8.
* As done for some points where there was such bitching and people just got used to the new feature after a while.

PS: I don't know what type of game you play; but on TS server I see usually at least 2 people + myself using the sr8 and still manage to have great frags AND push on the enemies, not "waiting" for them in the back of their team mates.

#85 User is offline   X8 (old) Icon

Posted 03 January 2008 - 11:44 PM

wastedscal- you address me like I have no idea what I'm talking about and am a newb. Let me a assure you I've been playing Urban Terror for 7 years now. I think over the years there are plenty of instances where the development team made mistakes. Yes, we all will adapt and learn different ways to play the game. I feel like in this situation though that just isn't a good solution. The sr8 is one of the center piece weapons of Urban Terror, and it's wrong to have a change like this that will take it out of use. Plus, hasn't FS/SID's motto of late been "in the name of fun" or something like that? How is it fun to have to sit in one spot, camping, and sniping people? Hell, read my sig- "never stand still" - that's what Urban Terror is all about. So why do I have to hide when I want to use a weapon? How is that Urban Terror?

Yes, I understand that you can still get kills with an sr8, and it still "works". I can get kills with it too. My concern isn't whether or not you can get kills.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#86 User is offline   wastedscal (old) Icon

Posted 04 January 2008 - 12:22 AM

wastedscal- you address me like I have no idea what I'm talking about and am a newb.

Sorry if you took offense; I just pointed out an option you forgot (which IS an option) with some fact/opinion/question. I don't see where the noob factor is in there is but .. ok sorry; I guess

The sr8 is one of the center piece weapons of Urban Terror, and it's wrong to have a change like this that will take it out of use.

I don't get why you say it's one of the center weapon of the game.
Sr8 wasn't in the 1st UrT release if I remember correctly (pretty sure it was in 2.x) so I don't think you mean center of the game's 1st "life".

If you mean it was a very used weapon previously; I think that was the intention of the unzoom; to make it less of a used weapon in game, it's not making it useless for sure.

How is it fun to have to sit in one spot, camping, and sniping people? Hell, read my sig- "never stand still" - that's what Urban Terror is all about. So why do I have to hide when I want to use a weapon? How is that Urban Terror?

I agree it's not fun at all, but don't forget:
people who usually "camp", camp with pretty much any weapon; not just because it's "teh!" sr8 with "teh!" unzoom. Those were camping in 4.0 already too :)
It's up to players to not camp; no the game itself (unless making a map with ice on all road/floors/roofs I guess  :-D). You have those people in every online game no matter what the game style/type is and how the weapons act.

Yes, I understand that you can still get kills with an sr8, and it still "works". I can get kills with it too. My concern isn't whether or not you can get kills.

So basically you lost your fun using the sr8 as it is now; right?
Well then I understand why you would like to see it changed; but wasn't there such complain when the movement penalty was added and people got along with it as well.

I'm just saying it will take more than a few weeks to adapt; the same way we did before with a "major" change in some weapon.

And again, I didn't make my post to address you like you have no idea; you made a post stating your opinion and so did I. If you mean the  "where there was such bitching" made you think I pointed it at you personally it wasn't. It wasn't as you did not bitch in your quoted post; it's associated with what FS do they think is the best as they did in the past.

#87 User is offline   slackin Icon

• Account: slackin

Posted 04 January 2008 - 12:34 AM

no he was just pointing out that you, nor i, or anyone else other than FS devel team makes the choices, so really:
one solution: 1) FS developers do as they see fit.

EDIT: ohh there is one other solution, stfu and play, its still fun, if the SR8 was the only gun you had fun playing with, then i am sorry you are so closed minded. If FS took the SR8 out of the game completely I would still play, if FS made it a TRUE rail gun, i would still play, in other words, EVERYONE STOP WHINING.

wastedscal- you address me like I have no idea what I'm talking about and am a newb. Let me a assure you I've been playing Urban Terror for 7 years now. I think over the years there are plenty of instances where the development team made mistakes. Yes, we all will adapt and learn different ways to play the game. I feel like in this situation though that just isn't a good solution. The sr8 is one of the center piece weapons of Urban Terror, and it's wrong to have a change like this that will take it out of use. Plus, hasn't FS/SID's motto of late been "in the name of fun" or something like that? How is it fun to have to sit in one spot, camping, and sniping people? Hell, read my sig- "never stand still" - that's what Urban Terror is all about. So why do I have to hide when I want to use a weapon? How is that Urban Terror?

#88 User is offline   don Icon

• Account: don

Posted 04 January 2008 - 07:36 AM

PS: I don't know what type of game you play; but on TS server I see usually at least 2 people + myself using the sr8 and still manage to have great frags AND push on the enemies, not "waiting" for them in the back of their team mates.

You're doing that on a pub against unorganized players who aren't very good to begin with. Try doing that when someone with an auto has the skill to hit you before you get a shot off (or against more than 1 target).

hehe this isn't Project Reality  :roll:

Do not mention that terror here!

#89 User is offline   wastedscal (old) Icon

Posted 04 January 2008 - 02:29 PM

You're doing that on a pub against unorganized players who aren't very good to begin with. Try doing that when someone with an auto has the skill to hit you before you get a shot off (or against more than 1 target).

This is why I usually die 7 secs after spawn when doing a real push up against the opponents; sometimes it works sometimes it doesn't.
Sometimes the server is filled up by people who don't know how to play sometimes I'm with the nice guys who have team play sometimes I end up in a "nooby" team and face 4+ experienced killers; but still; I NEVER wait :)

Pub is for fun; I don't care to die after 5 secs; the longer the better but it's not my goal. Much more satisfying to push through and be able to flank the rest.

#90 User is offline   nemesis Icon

•   former FS member   
    Lead Tester
  • Account: nemesis

Posted 04 January 2008 - 02:43 PM

EDIT: ohh there is one other solution, stfu and play, its still fun, if the SR8 was the only gun you had fun playing with, then i am sorry you are so closed minded. If FS took the SR8 out of the game completely I would still play, if FS made it a TRUE rail gun, i would still play, in other words, EVERYONE STOP WHINING.

It wouldn't be the urban terror I know and love without whining! Quit trying to ruin it for the rest of us!

• (21 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942