• +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Revert the SR8 Rate Topic: -----

#61 User is offline   Majic (old) Icon

Posted 30 December 2007 - 11:35 PM

Thing is you guys talk like auto users are running around spraying laser lines of unzoom that randomly hit you.

Auto users have the same amount of time to aim and fire as you do.
Where as before an SR8 could hit you anywhere and hit for 50-100 percent [with an instant kill being the most likely statistical outcome of a hit] now auto users can hit you anywhere and get you to unzoom.

I think it's a good trade off.

If anything I would raise the amount it takes to unzoom an sr8 to 25 percent so that SR8'er don't ride the waaambulance when they get hit with a beretta or a couple of spas pellets.

#62 User is offline   AKGRIZZLY (old) Icon

• LocationAlaska

Posted 30 December 2007 - 11:55 PM

Yea,  ^that wouldn't be bad, and ad the unscope action to all scoped weapons.  I mean if it's so logical to do it to the sr8 it should apply to other scoped weapons as well.  Maybe raise the damage bar for unscoping a smaller gun but nonetheless.

#63 User is offline   slackin Icon

• Account: slackin
  • Main tag: GlaD-

Posted 31 December 2007 - 12:32 AM

ok bludshot:

first: i DID use sr8 a lot
second: who cares its a pub? so UrT is ment just for uber leet ___ like you?
third: i STILL use sr8, and STILL think it needs unzoom...... it was being used in toe 2 toe combat, WTF really, thats over board, NOW i dont "run n gun" with the sr8  nearly as much, CAUSE thats not what u do with sniper rifles.
four: you seem like the biggest whiner over the fact you cant use sr8 like this, maybe your not as leet as you think? cause a lot of other are still using the sr8 with no complaints, myself included(note: NEVER competed, and i SUCK, so go ahead and cut on me, doesnt hurt my feelings, i dont play to be an uber leet ___, i play to have fun)

#64 User is offline   wadeski (old) Icon

• LocationUK

Posted 31 December 2007 - 01:59 AM

i dont think unzoom needs to apply to all other weapons - they arent 1 hit kills on kevlar.

you want a 1 hit kill, you gotta accept the unzoom....fair trade off?

like the idea of mb a slightly higher threshhold though, so its only primaries and DE taht can unzoom you.

#65 User is offline   AKGRIZZLY (old) Icon

• LocationAlaska

Posted 31 December 2007 - 02:21 AM

i dont think unzoom needs to apply to all other weapons - they arent 1 hit kills on kevlar.

like the idea of mb a slightly higher threshhold though, so its only primaries and DE taht can unzoom you.

errrmmm,  yea makes sense I guess good point.  I think the impact of the un-scope is exaggerated in the first place.  The psg1 users are bugging me more than the sr8 users at this point.  Hit, unzooms target, semi auto hit again for the kill, lame, but I still spank more than I ever did with sr8.  :wink:

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#66 User is offline   Juno Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: juno
  • Main tag: ~SG~

Posted 31 December 2007 - 02:34 AM

I can understand that dev team made something for new players to make game easier. I dont like that, cause i like urt is/was difficult game.
1 thing is annoying with new SR8. But if some spray just not to allow U to shoot it makes me crazy. I need to go around map and try from other place. If sprayer notice me can spray again. It changes tactics for sr8 useres. But mostly it makes round longer.

I say annoying... yes... if its Ok now with sr8? Dunno, need to play more. I could even say thats zoomout+5 bullets is better than no zoomout+3 bullets. But wrong is... sr8 can become totally useless on matches. Its enough to burst for possible place of sniper and sr user needs to evacuate. But on abbey, casa sr8 still pwns. TP bit harder. Uptown is much harder.

#67 User is offline   TwentySeven Icon

•   former FS member   
    Lead Engine Developer
  • Account: twentyseven

Posted 31 December 2007 - 03:08 AM

Ah compromise, the ancient art of making BOTH partys unhappy.

#68 User is offline   AKGRIZZLY (old) Icon

• LocationAlaska

Posted 31 December 2007 - 03:15 AM

:lol:

and what an art form it is

#69 User is offline   wastedscal (old) Icon

Posted 31 December 2007 - 09:38 AM

PSG-1 is a 1 kill shooter too if you hit someone in the chest (bleed out); so yes kinda fair trade off but should apply to weapon that have the "same" advantages.
And even if you don't kill on the 1st shot, it only takes a 2nd hit (remember how fast you can shot with it) to kill the opponent.

So far in public server it's going fine with unzoom; but I wonder how clans are going to play now; more spamming into sniper's known area to cover themselves and if giving a hit rush the dude to easily kill him.

I still have good fights with both sr8 and autos, it's not like sr8 unzoom did changed the game that much.

#70 User is offline   BludShoT Icon

• Account: bludshot
  • Main tag: [T]

Posted 31 December 2007 - 08:49 PM

:-D  hehe, so true.

Well if you want to compromise even further, just make the sr8 unzoom a server side optional feature and then everyone's happy I guess (unless STA chooses to turn it on, lol).

• (21 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942