• You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Servers crashing?

#21 Guest_agiantblackdude

Posted 03 April 2004 - 11:40 PM

hey, me too!

#22 Guest_Beul

Posted 04 April 2004 - 02:03 AM

The description.txt was updated to 3.4 and put in the 3.4 pk3 so it overwrites the old one.
I still haven't had a problem on the test server with g_swaproles turned on but it's easy for server admins to turn it off. Please read the 3.4 readme text which was included in the zip file that I gave Oswald for release. It should be in your Q3UT3 folder if you extracted the zip file to it.

I've updated the description.txt... it didnt prevent the server from crashing.

Blade, could you post on the server admin forum (or here... actually whereever you want :P ) the server.cfg you use and the mapcycle.txt ? I'd like to compare it to the one i use...
I'd be happy to be able to use that g_swaproles thingy cos when it works it's just great.

#23 User is offline   Aarsbuds0r (old) Icon

• LocationNetherlands, The

Posted 04 April 2004 - 06:31 PM

Just do g_swaproles 0....

#25 Guest_Beul

Posted 06 April 2004 - 07:37 AM

aight i'll try...
but, when the server crashed (many times till i do the modifications i told) it was :
maxclient 12
maxgameclient 10 (2 priv slots... maybe a part of the prob ?)
bots = 2
i'm gonna try to "play" with all that and i'll tell you if it helps fixing something

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#26 Guest_Wil Badger

Posted 06 April 2004 - 09:42 AM

i've come to find it has nothing to do with maps but with allowing votes . when it goes to return to the map cycle it goes dwon every time . i turned it off have been run'n stable ever since. also have swaproles off as well.

#27 User is offline   Aarsbuds0r (old) Icon

• LocationNetherlands, The

Posted 06 April 2004 - 12:02 PM

aight i'll try...
but, when the server crashed (many times till i do the modifications i told) it was :
maxclient 12
maxgameclient 10 (2 priv slots... maybe a part of the prob ?)
bots = 2
i'm gonna try to "play" with all that and i'll tell you if it helps fixing something

?? maxclients 12 and maxgameclients 10 does not mean you get 2 priv slots... the command for that is sv_privateclients if im not mistaken... maxgameclients is just a cvar to control how many of the connected players can actually join a team. privateclients gives you the option to creat some extra slots that can only be accesed with a password,

#28 Guest_Beul

Posted 07 April 2004 - 01:56 AM

true, i typed to fast...
but the idea is still the same : i'll check with diff settings of clients slots to see if it's a part of the prob.

• (3 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942