Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Problem with ut_ftdicks.pk3 Rate Topic: -----

#1 Guest_Berserker Ben

Posted 30 May 2004 - 02:50 PM

I have downloaded this map (repeatedly from different sources) because many servers said I needed it, but every version I have downloaded does not work and the servers continue to claim I don’t have this map.

Last time I played q3ut was version 2.6 and I remember what a #$%^& geting all the needed maps was, now its several times harder! After downloaded 50+ maps I still don’t have enough to get on most servers! And to top it off maps like this one don’t work even after I have downloaded it! I have the same problem with ut_wildwest.pk3

Could someone give me a version of ut_ftdicks.pk3 that they know works?

Edit: the badword censor here sucks! the files name is "ut_ftdi<k-s.pk3" with a c were the "<" is of course.

#2 User is offline   HoboHumpinSlut (old) Icon

Posted 30 May 2004 - 03:32 PM

get the dragonne-queenbee-mappack then...thats where it is contained afaik

#3 Guest_Wil Badger

Posted 30 May 2004 - 07:18 PM

you ever think of checking to see if you have auto download is turned off.but the map pack will solve all

#4 Guest_Wolfseye

Posted 31 May 2004 - 12:17 AM

With UT_WILDWEST there was always that Problem, when you have a different Version of this Map. It seems there are at least 2 different Versions out there. When you have the wrong one, you dont even get CL_INLINEMODEL BAD NUMBER, as for this is normally that, what comes, instead you can almost play on this other version, but you think, you will going a bit under the bottom of the ground with your feets.

You seem to stuck in the ground.

The Problem is, that the mappers not mention that in their Maps, how many versions there are and how they are called differently. If they would do for all versions a different BSP Name and try to avoid troubles with Shaders in these versions, it would be so easy.

But because of this, there are quite a few Maps, where you encounter this Problem.

Known issues are @:

- WILDWEST

- SNOW

- HACIENDA

- WAREHOUSE (1st & 2nd Version same BSP Filename, totally different File Size)

and quite a lot others. I will try to make a Section in URBANBASE.NET the next time, where i can point to this "Problem Maps" and how to avoid it.

Hopefully it will help a bit.

[TLW] Wolfseye @ URBANBASE ;)

#5 Guest_Berserker Ben

Posted 31 May 2004 - 12:42 AM

Well it would be nice if level designer(s) that make several versions of a map and don't name them differently were smack upside the head with a hammer!

Yes autodownload is on, I just can’t find a server willing to share.

Oh yes I found a working version of ftdi<ks! Thanks to a link on a thread on this forum, thank you. Still haven’t found the right version of wildwest though. :cry:

Perhaps when 4.x comes out you could make all previous maps incompatible?

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 Guest_Wil Badger

Posted 31 May 2004 - 01:17 AM

no i was pointing out that you do have it on and that it is broken in Urt.you have to have autodownload turned off or you will always have this problem.it is broken in Urt and always was .

#7 User is offline   NulL Icon

•   former FS member   
    Level Designer
  • Account: null

Posted 31 May 2004 - 01:28 AM

Perhaps when 4.x comes out you could make all previous maps incompatible?

You've got an Affirmative on that one.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Sponsored link
https://www.urbanterror.info/members/donate/

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942