Login | Register 
Advertisement
Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

Mouse stuck at bottom of Screen Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Tamber-Krain (old) Icon

Posted 21 May 2008 - 02:31 PM

Recently (can't remember what I changed before this happened.  :oops:) my mouse pointer has, upon starting UrbanTerror, stuck to the bottom of the screen.
I can move the pointer horizontally, but it will not move up. If I alt+tab to another window, the mouse behaves normally (and works for the brief moment before UT gets minimised) but will return to being stuck as soon as I switch back to UT.

I tried changing the display settings in UT using the keyboard, but I can only get as far as bringing the settings menu up, as it then decides to try changing the first setting in the first menu that opens before freezing completely, and I have to kill -9 UT.

This even happens when I use the separate Xserver method of running UT.  :-(

I'm using openSUSE 10.3, with nvidia drivers, without compiz.

(I would have a start log from UT, but I just tried that and managed to crash X. :P)

#2 User is offline   mitsubishi Icon

• Account: mitsubishi

Posted 21 May 2008 - 02:53 PM

yeah I had that too recently, I remember it would fix with playing with in_mouse but it's probably not that at least now.

#3 User is offline   Tamber-Krain (old) Icon

Posted 23 July 2008 - 06:56 PM

(Sorry for the very late reply, have being dealing with collage and IT b*tch duties, which have yet again taken over my life. >.< )

Unfortunately, the in_mouse setting had no effect, but this problem no longer surfaces if UrbanTerror is run in it's own Xserver so long as there are no other Xservers running. (at least on openSUSE, haven't tried on gentoo yet. (yes, I distro-hop like mad... :-P))

#4 User is offline   Nonus (old) Icon

Posted 24 July 2008 - 01:13 AM

I had something like that before, it was something with not having the proper permissions to the Alsa devices in /dev, check /dev/dsp and such.

Page 1 of 1
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942