• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

How to make bots works??? Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   eXKalibuR (old) Icon

• LocationCáceres, Spain

Posted 01 June 2004 - 04:44 PM

Hi all,

Since the last time I was able to map the bots worked perfectly on UrT.

Now, I'm testing a map with bots... and d&%n they are sticked on their spawn position... :shock:

Ok, I have seen they spawn and when they see me they start a fight but if they don't see a human player doesn't start to play.
I have seen it occurs only if I use info_player_deatchmatch for the spawns on "free for all" game.

If I set the entities to info_ut_spawn and set the "g_gametype 0,1", it works worst: they do not spawn on the ut_spawns, they start to spawn on the unique info_player_start, so that they start to be kill by each other cause the spawn on the same spawn point.
I have also test the map with severals info_player_start but it continues to happen the same.

How it is supposed the be mapped?, what entities should I use for bot use and, more important, what entities should I use for free for all on a humans game??
It should be the same as before... but I prefer to ask.

Thanks a lot. :)

#2 User is offline   NulL Icon

•   former FS member   
    Level Designer
  • Account: null

Posted 01 June 2004 - 07:53 PM

If you are compiling with -meta in the BSP stage you will need to use -forcesidesvisible in the BSPC -bsp2aas stage.

info_player_start entitys work in free for all, thats how I have them in subterra and I have no problems.

#3 User is offline   blackrayne (old) Icon

Posted 01 June 2004 - 11:10 PM

EX YOU LIVE!!!!!!!! OMG how have you been m8 glad to see you around hows the mapping coming? and iyou ned any map objects let me know man!

#4 User is offline   |NV|S (old) Icon

• LocationSanta Clarita, CA

Posted 02 June 2004 - 02:37 AM

Ex, also make sure that you dont have an flipped triangles on any of your terrain, this will cause your .aas not to compile correctly.

#5 Guest_Psyche911

Posted 03 June 2004 - 06:40 AM

[quote name='"|NV|S"]Ex' date=' also make sure that you dont have an flipped triangles on any of your terrain, this will cause your .aas not to compile correctly.[/quote']

What is a flipped triangle, btw? I was recently testing compiling a ET map (Goldrush sample), and got one (at least) of those.

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   Roadkill (old) Icon

• Locationroyal.stockholm.se

Posted 03 June 2004 - 11:38 AM

eXKalibuR, does this mean yer done with ...italy was it? And yer going to continue with Paradise 2? Would be sweet! :D

#7 User is offline   eXKalibuR (old) Icon

• LocationCáceres, Spain

Posted 04 June 2004 - 12:54 PM

Thanks a lot $NulL, now it works :D
I'm using info_player_deathmatch and now it works perfectly, so it was a problem on the bot .aas compile.

As response for the rest:

I'm also happy to see you all again. :wink:
I'm still on Italy, but now I can map a little. I'm working very slow so can't say when I will be done.
Only can tell you I'm back on business 8) and tell you RUCAB and Paradise 2 will be running on your Q3 UrT 3.x.

See you mates. :P

#8 User is offline   Roadkill (old) Icon

• Locationroyal.stockholm.se

Posted 04 June 2004 - 02:10 PM

Nice! Keep us updated mate! :D

#9 Guest_Maximus

Posted 13 June 2004 - 03:52 PM

Sup eXkali :>

Just wanted to make this useless comment to express that i'm happy to see you again :D

#10 User is offline   BludShoT Icon

• Account: bludshot
  • Main tag: [T]

Posted 14 June 2004 - 06:49 PM

Only can tell you I'm back on business 8) and tell you RUCAB and Paradise 2 will be running on your Q3 UrT 3.x.

Woohoo!!

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942