Urban Terror Forums: The Golden era! 2000-2002 (From a European perspective) - Urban Terror Forums

Login | Register 
Advertisement
  • (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

The Golden era! 2000-2002 (From a European perspective) Rate Topic: -----

#1 User is offline   Chrille (old) Icon

Posted 18 June 2008 - 08:56 PM

If u have nothing 2do and have some time over, ure welcome to waste your time
on this shit hf :)

FAQ:

Q: Why do most ppl refer to 2.x-2.3 as the best beta and the best time in urt? It had loads of annoying bugs and unbalanced spas.

A: In 2.x-2.3 there were almost no spread at all. Making it so the skilled player could continue be skilled. There were many active
clans and players. The game was still new. We got to play 2 different games in a short time 1.27 and 2.0. Many maps were played
in public and cw's. I mean u even played public games on sands,riyadh,austria(old one),ricochet,revolution,streets,swim,rommel
and we had several maps played in cw's: old abbey(best map ever r.i.p),docks,(miss u)ricochet(Big but somehow fun?),village(catapult ftw)
streets and later on casa(most played map ever?,uptown,rommel. All werent good but they were played anyway. At this time SID was very
active and did a huge job in their spare time! update after update came. After a while though it went slower with bug fixes and
wrong decisions were made in upcoming betas. IMO asking the wrong ppl what should be done and not done. Many skilled ppl left
after the wait for a update and dissapointment in 2.4.

Q: Why do I waste my time and write this shit?

A:
They idea itself started with me coming back to urt after 5-6 years. I played some and it felt like a whole new game. (Jumping on walls and shit :) )
There were many new faces. Noobs from back in da day had become good wtf? ppl had changed nicks etc etc.

So I started to think more and more about the old days and things started to pop up more and more in my head. I realized Im
probobly the oldest active urt player left. Since I've basicly been playing in the top level my whole urt "carrier"
I felt I could share things Ive experienced from my point of view. And since this was the time I was really active in urt.
Being an admin,active in urtforums,playing much,leader of ]MoB[ made me meet alot of nice ppl at this time.
I think atleast some ppl would find it fun to read and they might remember these times 2. Others will think Im some kind of ego
nerd with no life haha. Hold that 2 yourself until u meet me irl.

Some breif info about The Mobsters ]MoB[ and my history :) I think I got it right its 8 f'k years ago :)

After several years of ActionQuake2 I felt I wanted something else with nicer gfx but the same speed.
I saw urt.net and dled it when it was released. My computer was really shitty back then and I had to play with 10-13fps
and a 56k modem haha. Then after some betas I got a stable pc 30fps :) and a ISDN modem.
So I started to play it more and more.

I was still young around 16 when I started ]MoB[ and recruited Sam,Orca,carebear,d00m(german AQ2 player),Solidas(swe AQ2 player),cow(swe AQ2 player)
There was some more, dont remember sry :)
Since most ppl played AQ2 and were really good at it, we owned from the beginning :)

We played our first game in 1.27 vs [THC] we kinda owned em and it made all other clans wonder who we were. After
a while we finally got to play the best clan atm ]$[ and won em, now they knew :)
We had some fun moments in streets,ricochet,docks,village,swim (yeah swim was fun then haha) and my fav map downtown since it was an old AQ2 map :)

2.0 came and it was a whole new game. We got some new players perup,furbee,RuTle and after a while d00m,solidas,cow left the game and went inactive,
they could just not accept stamina :)
I think we won most wars in a row on cb without loosing first one. It was like 20-30wars and I think we still have the record :)
The CB account is sadly deleted since way back :(

You started to see more and more clans, and we saw that some great qw,q2,q3 tdm/ctf clans joined (CN,IQS,pod,nf!,Cx,mercs,HPR)
There were probobly some more :) Some sucseeded some not

Leagues,ladders,cups:

BarrysWorld: Arranged leagues. Didnt last so long though
q3liga:         Mostly germans but they had the most and really good teams.
ClanBase:     Big difference there were several pages of clans in the ladder and it was
                  real active. I took some time for the first cb cup so it was mainly ladders.

Clans:

First I decided just to add the best clans @ this time, but I changed my mind
cause these times were so much more than just very skilled opponents. There were some
great moments at public servers where everyone knew eachother. I mean it was actually
fun to play on pub servers cause there were many servers to choose from. You had several
full .se.dk.fi.de.uk.nl.pt servers and many more countries. There were always good competition.
I tried to mainly add clans from 2000 and 2001 but there are some clans that got created after I
felt earned to be on my list :) The rosters are based on what "I" remember as their first lineup
or other reasons.

Hahaha was so funny when I made this list, I came to realize that I forgot that Furbee was
probobly urts most clanwhore haha. Check this out: $,p5,CN,pod,nf!,MoB,puff this was like in a year
and there were more clans. gg fur ;)

Scandinavian:
McD: Alkoholger,Eisenhover,Kongen,Rapsey,Drackir,Warnipple,SongBird
(Formed a little later. mix of danish/swedish players nice ppl and fun to play with)

Sweden:
MoB:   Me.Perup,RuTle,Solidas,D00M,Octodur aka Orca,carebear,Sam,Furbee,snafu,Ace later: Poelier,Spectar and some more :)
puff:  Me.M3MPH!$,hanni,RuTle,Spectar,Perup,Wrath,Furbee,Itchi,Proba,FuZ1on and some more :)
(Basicly MoB aka Valour at this time merged with UP*MEMPHIS and hanni into puff**)
mercs: snafu,boffa,rx
(Old swedish RA2 clan, only played for awhile)
2k:     wrath,garm,lupuz,hyrpo
C54:    RedScorpion,JimmyTheSaint,Ryssen,SnakePlissken,the wicked
AJS:    Kungcarl,fettokissen,m0lgan,sovadjuret,snoppis,fladderskinkan,playwhore,reid and everyone else haha
(Great Catapult players. Probobly the most famous war was played vs them on village)
H&K:   Zoot,hyrpo,killer2000

Finland:
huoranPerse: keb5k,Link,RuTle,starfox,Sentenced
(Oldschool b1.x clan with some good players)
phase: spidu,natu
(AQ2 players)
JDf: Harvester,Moose,Gamma
(One of the best AQ2 clans)
HPR: fragnen,tuke,stalk,lastu
(Well know QW clan)
ExS aka royal: Aarne,jippo,ARE4,Ichiban
(This clan was really noob back then, but always fun to play with. I was f'k stunned after I came back 2 urt
to c they won cb cup n1)

Denmark:
HV: Thumber,Fumle,LegoManser,Twinduck,baret,xmanjoe,Blaster later: weeman,mentor,spawn,sam ?
(Old school b1.x
CN*: Plop,Hazzi,Yodaz,forsberg later: furbee went judas on us and joined em :)
(One of urts best players Plop. Great aim and played smart.)
Abjects: LegoManser,Fumle,Blaster,Erlando,poe
(My danish oldschool ppl :) )

France:
FR: Fracas,helmut,OST
(Old school b1.x clan. Always fun to play against. Had some nice docks times here)
GB: Bob_leCascadeur,Tidus
(started abit later, and became pretty good.)
ZiK|Sanko,Nioubie,Bahho
(Also started later but fun 2 play with)
ze charlots:Averell,el charlot

Belgium:
Cx: Godsmurf
(Old Quake3 CTF,TDM clan, didnt stay so long though :( )
[THC]: MadMolio,steuk,warnipple,Anime,CatZ,LosCammos,KungFuChicken,Antebios,Rav3n
(Old beta1 clan. Great sportmanship and talked alot to em)
IQS: Furax,Itchi,Engl,Tuko,Proba,geir later: Papaye?
(Huge rivalty with these guys and always intense games)
aBl*Lemming,Downfall
(Played much with them on pub at this time)
=NUTS=Hellraiser,throrin,Maximus,Scratch
(The old team very nice to play with got good later on :) )

Germany:
They had the most active scene and most clans at this time.

nf!aevil,adver,noreaga,havoc
(This clan owned us 1 time, damn I was so pissed, we really underestimated em and played stupid.)
pod: xTc,risingsun,shrink,punisher,Spark,Lordi,Tybalt
(Really good players. I had my best game vs them one time owning em on abbey 1vs5 :) :)
one! thyp,brinkhoff (forgot the others help)
(Damn we had some good gamesand praccs vs them)
plague/gmpo: Jointer,bot,slash,cujo,slyfox
(Fun to play against and pracc with)
mb.hold: Kungcarl,logon,j4m
(This is where i came in contact with the legend Kungcarl, he was spamming me all the time when i joined a server haha I didnt even know him :))
bmf!/majesty:monkey,Amaducias,Fan7a,jx,whistler
(Formed later. We had some nice and close wars)
[Z]Troopa,Lemming,MR.CGB,WarWiz,Sashino
(Nice ppl,many pcws and pub games)
p5:dmx,meth0dman,funk,noreaga,Fan7a
(There were some kinda love/hate between us)
ondrugs!impaa
(many pub games on their server)

Netherlands:
LKFF: Right,Drizzt Duncan,spaas
(Old quake ctf clan)
#SaT#HENNESSY,aky,stifler
(Played many games with em)
No!Vytrex,HENNESSY,Undercvr,blaze,Fuzion
(NLs best clan they got better and better)
=vTv= irule,pl@tje,godje
(Active pub ppl)
UTZ: Lord of Doom, Vampyress
(Sorry I forgot u I feel ashamed :( )

Italy:
LQ: ShakeSpeare
(Best .it clan when they played.Think it was an old q2dm clan)
[A+R]Ziomajin,Enemy,Inf@me,jolly,dxj,Tidus
(One of the oldest clans. Had some good players in the beginning.)
*QV*Buffetti
HdN: m|b,Ebola,Janjan
(1.27 clan)

Portugal:
I didnt have that good knowledge about pts at this time sry
but i remember some :)

TK: feathers,creepy,revi,natrak,mantoras,revi,Unst0p!?
(We had some great wars vs them I cant say we had the best connection since we were rivals)
N
pk: Unstop!,nosoul,outlaw,Cannabis,wolverine
(good pt clan some good warp games vs em)
FNS
DKM
TAV
Kool

[dW] Slicer,Aasimonsolar,sh337,Erection,Peacemaker,Lightning,Ex
(Always liked this clan and the players in it)

Jedyknigt where did u play? I remember u and Aasimonsolar in
the same clan, and always wonder why u left eachother? :)

UnitedKingdom:
ukv: codey,show,crusader
TLOG: Predator
deathstar* Bluey!,blade,king,bear
( I`ll never forget deathstar bluey ffs ;) We played some nice 1.27 and beta2 wars vs them. I remember a fun game on ricochet)

Poland:
I didnt play much with .pl so didnt really know em so well. The good pl clans came pretty late at this time but I`ll add them anyways :)

r3: deadsi,greateye,duke,grucha,tares,synu,galu <-right?
(Probobly best pl clan at that time ?)
Av:luzny,pwael,mlody,marcel,frd
SG: g4lu
v3: greateye,yarecki,pyziaty,killer,shd,vomit,psycho

I had some help from Bociam later with .pl hope its right :)

European/other
$: YogHurt,Blind,MuffDiver,Jointer,wadey2k,homie.ladyjane,majic,l0rd,BaZeleZZ,Atomic Blaze,libben,Fracas,lupuz
(Oldest clan alive with some great play in the early betas)
T15: F@lcon (Infallible?),Lionhead,Grizzly
(From 1.27-2.3 Probobly lamest clan around haha Pretty much thanks to F@lcon. Most of u didnt play when he played but he was worse than marti
now u would understand.)
F.o.R: dan,jop!
(old beta 1.x clan fun to play with)
Pfac: dan,J!M,Orcaphat
slofaca
UP*M3MPH!$,Snoppis,Fladder,v0rt3x,stalker,hanni
(Formed later, relied on their tp)

American:
phx: kartiteya,juntao,londn,myzzeri,c4,monstah
(Best American clan, claming they were best in the world lost both vs $ and MoB gg :) )
DAWG
iCu

Note that this is my opinons about this time. I probobly forgot many clans and players, and Im sry for that but its so long ago :)
I think I have mixed some info with eachother to but donnu u can correct me :)
THX to SID for this mod and the work u put into it. 4.1 is a real solid beta its a shame its 2late though :(
Im sorry for my spelling but it was more fun playing urt then going to school haha.
This started to just name drop some clans back in the day, but i felt to add something 2 it.

I hope we will get some more maps in cw's, its sad only abbey,casa,turnpike is played atm. But I see great potential in
kingdom,sanc,austria,prague they just need some more work. And where is our docks???

Big thx 2 RuTle and Perup who was with me from beginning 2 the end.

//puff**Chrille aka ]MoB[GANG$TAR

#2 User is offline   LORD OF DOOM (old) Icon

Posted 18 June 2008 - 09:04 PM

I miss some great players on your list from the 1.27 era like sentenced from Huoranperse and Janjan from HdN who owned a lot of people on the NGI servers and I don't see some clans on the list that have been around a long time ;)

#3 User is offline   Muffie Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: muffie

Posted 18 June 2008 - 09:29 PM

i've been around for 8 years, played every version, didn't come out of hiding untill about 3.7.

#4 User is offline   Chrille (old) Icon

Posted 18 June 2008 - 09:56 PM

I miss some great players on your list from the 1.27 era like sentenced from Huoranperse and Janjan from HdN who owned a lot of people on the NGI servers and I don't see some clans on the list that have been around a long time ;)

haha keep em coming. I'll add em if i feel I forgot them. Do have in mind its mostly the ppl who were active though.

#5 User is offline   Chrille (old) Icon

Posted 18 June 2008 - 10:11 PM

If u have nothing 2do and have some time over, ure welcome to waste your time
on this shit hf :)

FAQ:

Q: Why do most ppl refer to 2.x-2.3 as the best beta and the best time in urt? It had loads of annoying bugs and unbalanced spas.

A: In 2.x-2.3 there were almost no spread at all. Making it so the skilled player could continue be skilled. There were many active
clans and players. The game was still new. We got to play 2 different games in a short time 1.27 and 2.0. Many maps were played
in public and cw's. I mean u even played public games on sands,riyadh,austria(old one),ricochet,revolution,streets,swim,rommel
and we had several maps played in cw's: old abbey(best map ever r.i.p),docks,(miss u)ricochet(Big but somehow fun?),village(catapult ftw)
streets and later on casa(most played map ever?,uptown,rommel. All werent good but they were played anyway. At this time SID was very
active and did a huge job in their spare time! update after update came. After a while though it went slower with bug fixes and
wrong decisions were made in upcoming betas. IMO asking the wrong ppl what should be done and not done. Many skilled ppl left
after the wait for a update and dissapointment in 2.4.

Q: Why do I waste my time and write this shit?

A:
They idea itself started with me coming back to urt after 5-6 years. I played some and it felt like a whole new game. (Jumping on walls and shit :) )
There were many new faces. Noobs from back in da day had become good wtf? ppl had changed nicks etc etc.

So I started to think more and more about the old days and things started to pop up more and more in my head. I realized Im
probobly the oldest active urt player left. Since I've basicly been playing in the top level my whole urt "carrier"
I felt I could share things Ive experienced from my point of view. And since this was the time I was really active in urt.
Being an admin,active in urtforums,playing much,leader of ]MoB[ made me meet alot of nice ppl at this time.
I think atleast some ppl would find it fun to read and they might remember these times 2. Others will think Im some kind of ego

Some breif info about The Mobsters ]MoB[ and my history :) I think I got it right its 8 f'k years ago :)

After several years of ActionQuake2 I felt I wanted something else with nicer gfx but the same speed.
I saw urt.net and dled it when it was released. My computer was really shitty back then and I had to play with 10-13fps
and a 56k modem haha. Then after some betas I got a stable pc 30fps :) and a ISDN modem.

I was still young around 16 when I started ]MoB[ and recruited Sam,Orca,d00m(german AQ2 player),Solidas(swe AQ2 player),cow(swe AQ2 player)
There was some more, dont remember sry :)
Since most ppl played AQ2 and were really good at it, we owned from the beginning :)

We played our first game in 1.27 vs [THC] we kinda owned em and it made all other clans wonder who we were. After
a while we finally got to play the best clan atm ]$[ and won em, now they knew :)
We had some fun moments in streets,ricochet,docks,village,swim (yeah swim was fun then haha) and my fav map downtown since it was an old AQ2 map :)

2.0 came and it was a whole new game. We got some new players perup,furbee,RuTle and after a while d00m,solidas,cow left the game and went inactive,
they could just not accept stamina :)
I think we won most wars in a row on cb without loosing first one. It was like 20-30wars and I think we still have the record :)
The CB account is sadly deleted since way back :(

You started to see more and more clans, and we saw that some great qw,q2,q3 tdm/ctf clans joined (CN,IQS,pod,nf!,Cx,mercs,HPR)
There were probobly some more :) Some sucseeded some not

Leagues,ladders,cups:

BarrysWorld: Arranged leagues. Didnt last so long though
q3liga:         Mostly germans but they had the most and really good teams.
ClanBase:     Big difference there were several pages of clans in the ladder and it was
                  real active. I took some time for the first cb cup so it was mainly ladders.

Clans:

First I decided just to add the best clans @ this time, but I changed my mind
cause these times were so much more than just very skilled opponents. There were some
great moments at public servers where everyone knew eachother. I mean it was actually
fun to play on pub servers cause there were many servers to choose from. You had several
full .se.dk.fi.de.uk.nl.pt servers and many more countries. There were always good competition.
I tried to mainly add clans from 2000 and 2001 but there are some clans that got created after I
felt earned to be on my list :) The rosters are based on what "I" remember as their first lineup
or other reasons.

Hahaha was so funny when I made this list, I came to realize that I forgot that Furbee was
probobly urts most clanwhore haha. Check this out: $,p5,CN,pod,nf!,MoB,puff this was like in a year
and there were more clans. gg fur ;)

Scandinavian:
McD: Alkoholger,Eisenhover,Kongen,Rapsey,Drackir,Warnipple,SongBird
(Formed a little later. mix of danish/swedish players nice ppl and fun to play with)

Sweden:
MoB:   Me.Perup,RuTle,Solidas,D00M,Sam,Orca,Furbee,snafu,Ace later Poelier,Spectar
puff:  Me.M3MPH!$,hanni,RuTle,Spectar,Perup,Wrath,Furbee,Itchi,Proba,FuZ1on and some more :)
(Basicly MoB aka Valour at this time merged with UP*MEMPHIS and hanni into puff**)
mercs: snafu,boffa,rx
(Old swedish RA2 clan, only played for awhile)
2k:     wrath,garm,lupuz,hyrpo
C54:    RedScorpion,JimmyTheSaint,Ryssen,SnakePlissken,the wicked
AJS:    Kungcarl,fettokissen,m0lgan,sovadjuret,snoppis,fladderskinkan,playwhore,reid and everyone else haha
(Great Catapult players. Probobly the most famous war was played vs them on village)
H&K:   Zoot,hyrpo,killer2000

Finland:
huoranPerse: keb5k,Link,RuTle,starfox,Sentenced
(Oldschool b1.x clan with some good players)
phase: spidu,natu
(AQ2 players)
JDf: Harvester,Moose,Gamma
(One of the best AQ2 clans)
HPR: fragnen,tuke,stalk,lastu
(Well know QW clan)
ExS aka royal: Aarne,jippo,ARE4,Ichiban
(This clan was really noob back then, but always fun to play with. I was f'k stunned after I came back 2 urt
to c they won cb cup n1)

Denmark:
HV: Thumber,Fumle,LegoManser,Twinduck,baret,xmanjoe,Blaster later: weeman,mentor,spawn,sam ?
(Old school b1.x
CN*: Plop,Hazzi,Yodaz,forsberg later: furbee went judas on us and joined em :)
(One of urts best players Plop. Great aim and played smart.)
Abjects: LegoManser,Fumle,Blaster,Erlando,poe
(My danish oldschool ppl :) )

France:
FR: Fracas,helmut,OST
(Old school b1.x clan. Always fun to play against. Had some nice docks times here)
GB: Bob_leCascadeur,Tidus
(started abit later, and became pretty good.)
ZiK|Sanko,Nioubie,Bahho
(Also started later but fun 2 play with)
ze charlots:Averell,el charlot

Belgium:
Cx: Godsmurf
(Old Quake3 CTF,TDM clan, didnt stay so long though :( )
[THC]: MadMolio,steuk,warnipple,Anime,CatZ,LosCammos,KungFuChicken,Antebios,Rav3n
(Old beta1 clan. Great sportmanship and talked alot to em)
IQS: Furax,Itchi,Engl,Tuko,Proba,geir later: Papaye?
(Huge rivalty with these guys and always intense games)
aBl*Lemming,Downfall
(Played much with them on pub at this time)
=NUTS=Hellraiser,throrin,Maximus,Scratch
(The old team very nice to play with got good later on :) )

Germany:
They had the most active scene and most clans at this time.

nf!aevil,adver,noreaga
(This clan owned us 1 time, damn I was so pissed, we really underestimated em and played stupid.)
pod: Spark,Lordi,Tybalt
(Really good players. I had my best game vs them one time owning em on abbey 1vs5 :) :)
one! thyp (forgot the others help)
(Damn we had some good gamesand praccs vs them)
plague/gmpo: Jointer,bot,slash,cujo,slyfox
(Fun to play against and pracc with)
mb.hold: Kungcarl,logon,j4m
(This is where i came in contact with the legend Kungcarl, he was spamming me all the time when i joined a server haha I didnt even know him :))
bmf!/majesty:monkey,Amaducias,Fan7a,jx,whistler
(Formed later. We had some nice and close wars)
[Z]Troopa,Lemming,MR.CGB,WarWiz,Sashino
(Nice ppl,many pcws and pub games)
p5:dmx,meth0dman,funk,noreaga,Fan7a
(There were some kinda love/hate between us)
ondrugs!impaa
(many pub games on their server)

Netherlands:
LKFF: Right,Drizzt Duncan,spaas
(Old quake ctf clan)
#SaT#HENNESSY,aky,stifler
(Played many games with em)
No!Vytrex,HENNESSY,Undercvr,blaze,Fuzion
(NLs best clan they got better and better)
=vTv= irule,pl@tje,godje
(Active pub ppl)
UTZ: Lord of Doom, Vampyress
(Sorry I forgot u I feel ashamed :( )

Italy:
LQ: ShakeSpeare
(Best .it clan when they played.Think it was an old q2dm clan)
[A+R]Ziomajin,Enemy,Inf@me,jolly,dxj,Tidus
(One of the oldest clans. Had some good players in the beginning.)
*QV*Buffetti
HdN: m|b,Ebola,Janjan
(1.27 clan)

Portugal:
I didnt have that good knowledge about pts at this time sry
but i remember some :)

TK: feathers,creepy,revi,natrak,mantoras,revi,Unst0p!?
(We had some great wars vs them I cant say we had the best connection since we were rivals)
N
pk: Unstop!,nosoul,outlaw,Cannabis,wolverine
(good pt clan some good warp games vs em)
FNS
DKM
TAV
Kool

[dW] Slicer,Aasimonsolar,sh337,Erection,Peacemaker,Lightning,Ex
(Always liked this clan and the players in it)

Jedyknigt where did u play? I remember u and Aasimonsolar in
the same clan, and always wonder why u left eachother? :)

UnitedKingdom:
ukv: codey,show,crusader
TLOG: Predator
deathstar* Bluey!,blade,king,bear
( I`ll never forget deathstar bluey ffs ;) We played some nice 1.27 and beta2 wars vs them. I remember a fun game on ricochet)

Poland:
I didnt play much with .pl so didnt really know em so well. The good pl clans came pretty late at this time but I`ll add them anyways :)

r3: deadsi,greateye,duke <-right?
(Probobly best pl clan at that time ?)
Av
SG: g4lu

European/other
$: YogHurt,Blind,MuffDiver,Jointer,wadey2k,homie.ladyjane,majic,l0rd,BaZeleZZ,Atomic Blaze,libben,Fracas,lupuz
(Oldest clan alive with some great play in the early betas)
T15: F@lcon (Infallible?),Lionhead,Grizzly
(From 1.27-2.3 Probobly lamest clan around haha Pretty much thanks to F@lcon. Most of u didnt play when he played but he was worse than marti
now u would understand.)
F.o.R: dan,jop!
(old beta 1.x clan fun to play with)
Pfac: dan,J!M,Orcaphat
slofaca
UP*M3MPH!$,Snoppis,Fladder,v0rt3x,stalker,hanni
(Formed later, relied on their tp)

American:
phx: kartiteya,juntao,londn,myzzeri,c4,monstah
(Best American clan, claming they were best in the world lost both vs $ and MoB gg :) )
DAWG
iCu

Note that this is my opinons about this time. I probobly forgot many clans and players, and Im sry for that but its so long ago :)
I think I have mixed some info with eachother to but donnu u can correct me :)
THX to SID for this mod and the work u put into it. 4.1 is a real solid beta its a shame its 2late though :(
Im sorry for my spelling but it was more fun playing urt then going to school haha.
This started to just name drop some clans back in the day, but i felt to add something 2 it.

I hope we will get some more maps in cw's, its sad only abbey,casa,turnpike is played atm. But I see great potential in
kingdom,sanc,austria,prague they just need some more work. And where is our docks???

//puff**Chrille aka ]MoB[GANG$TAR

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#6 User is offline   molio (old) Icon

Posted 18 June 2008 - 10:15 PM

Posted Image

Posted Image

Hehe good times :-)

EDIT: played on 05/04/2001 o/

#7 User is offline   molio (old) Icon

Posted 18 June 2008 - 10:18 PM

I played with sentenced not that long ago on roughryders server iirc, tho not sure if he used the exact same nick, took me a while to figure out I was playing good ol hp senty :P

#8 User is offline   tombanius (old) Icon

• LocationHelsinki, Finland

Posted 18 June 2008 - 10:52 PM

he ircs too, rarely though. with name senty

#9 User is offline   M3MPHIS (old) Icon

Posted 18 June 2008 - 11:23 PM

chrille you just wrote a fuckin book, ur the biggest nerd ever. However, you got a point in ur book :)
as I said earlier people play to improve but after 2.5 the spray just increased and more ppl left now 90% are beginners and when they reach a certain level they quit.

the spray needs to be decreased as well as damage so that you benefit from aiming. Nades are way too powerful.

#10 User is offline   Paradroid (old) Icon

• LocationScotland

Posted 19 June 2008 - 01:57 AM

There's still a few of us elders lurking around (here and there): 

Posted Image

My story started with 1970's arcade machines and a wood-finished Atari 2600...

I suppose I had the "advantage" of playing Q2 off-line with bots for a while before I felt good enough to hold my own on-line (that was 1997-98)...and when I say bots I don't mean cheats (for the noobs), I mean the very first rudamentary AI players (I wasted many an evening "programming" the damned things so they could get around the maps). A kind stranger, [RaP3]Kabal, took the time to show me the finer points in playing AQ2 which took me from competent to 'quite good' (handling the M4's fierce kick-back was a challenge whilst strafe jumping around those wee maps). Ahh many a night spent with the [MaG] dudes Scoob & Tong on various servers (slippers & sawn-off anyone?..jumping about on Jungle with uber sniping action?). Then there came UT...

:mrgreen:

//SisterMary

• (4 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942