• « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

Adultery caught on tape! Rate Topic: -----

#41 User is offline   voidref Icon

• Account: voidref

Posted 07 February 2010 - 10:27 PM

The model animations are looking better and better.
Some off hand ideas to make the transitions between shooting and not a little smoother. Take with appropriate dose of sodium-chloride.

• Have a 'from the hip' firing animation, for:
    • Noscope shots
    • firing while running / jumping

• While walking or when scoped in (I think you have that planned already) have gun raised to high (head level) firing position
  • While running/jumping, have gun low (held toward body) and then when firing use 'from the hip' firing animation. This would also indicate the lower accuracy we see in game during these activities.
  • If we can get *really* fancy, there could be muzzle lift during prolonged firing. I suppose the animation states aren't quite that programmable.

can't wait for the next version!

PS: With all the changes you are making, I think you will have to at least call it 4.5 to accurately reflect the level of sophistication that is being introduced into the new product.

This post has been edited by voidref: 07 February 2010 - 10:28 PM

#43 User is offline   voidref Icon

Posted 08 February 2010 - 12:14 AM

View PostFrankie V, on 07 February 2010 - 11:47 PM, said:

Firing from the hip hummm intresting. Maybe not for noscope shots but something to keep in mind. To late for this round though.

... <detailed and thought out replies snipped>

Thanks for responding to this, I was thinking more about this after I posted and it makes perfect sense that the lower firing poses could look pretty awkward, esp with the pistol. Even Simon Pegg holds his pistols straight out whilst jumping through the air and firing.

I suppose it would only really be applicable to the autos, unless of course you are a cowboy! And if your character were Rambo, he could fire dual Negev's this way!!!

Heh, sorry, got carried away there...

In any case, thanks again for having shared your thoughts about my idea.

=)

#45 User is offline   voidref Icon

Posted 08 February 2010 - 12:34 AM

View PostRaider, on 08 February 2010 - 12:19 AM, said:

voidref`s sig said:

It's not a bug, it's a feature!

Btw... thats what Microsoft Say :P

Hehe, I'm sure you've had that feeling when someone came to you about some behavior in your software that didn't work the way 'they wanted it to'.

I think the deeper statement there is that the hard part of software development these days is not making it work right (that 'just' takes time), it's figuring out how 'the correct way' is in the first place.

BTW, love the new forums!

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#46 User is offline   .:KEYHOLE:. (old) Icon

• LocationTrois-Rivieres, Quebec, Canada

Posted 08 February 2010 - 01:11 AM

Wow
movement and weapon position look way better
i like the knife position

#47 User is offline   V00d00 Icon

•   verified user   
  • Account: v00d00
  • Main tag: uJ|

Posted 09 February 2010 - 01:03 AM

Even though you arent concentrating on it, the movement backwards looks like shes clenching buttocks a lot, like almost constipation level.

Pity you couldnt leave some custom models in for the jumps gametype. They may never see the light of day in normal gameplay, but for jumps it would add some more eye candy.

I also agree on lessening the breasts, they are way out of proportion for the frame size, like almost silicon tit level. A handful is nice, a football size is not, well unless you're gonna sleep on them or something. But you get the idea.

As for the pose being gorilla like, it is. But im guessing that will be fixed by final release.

#48 User is offline   Phoenix77 (old) Icon

• LocationMelbourne

Posted 09 February 2010 - 06:56 AM

View Postv00d00101, on 09 February 2010 - 01:03 AM, said:

Pity you couldnt leave some custom models in for the jumps gametype. They may never see the light of day in normal gameplay, but for jumps it would add some more eye candy.
Agree.

I also agree on lessening the breasts,
This is why none will be your friend. :laugh:

they are way out of proportion for the frame size, like almost silicon tit level.
And your point is?

A handful is nice, a football size is not, well unless you're gonna sleep on them or something.
Agree.

As for the pose being gorilla like, it is. But im guessing that will be fixed by final release.
Apes are SOOOOOOOOOO 2010. :mrgreen:

#50 User is offline   ObScUrE Icon

•   head moderator   
    Co-Chief Community Moderator
  • Account: obscure

Posted 09 February 2010 - 11:14 AM

@Phoenix77
I agree in all points and generally UrT is fun over realism. 8-)
how about a new command /cg_b00bsize 999 so everyone would be happy
pushjumps would make 100% damage and kick you out of the map. ;)

@Frankie V
after watching your video million times I get used to the movements there but some things will get lost with it.
one thing that is actually fun in game is that you can point your weapons directly in the face of enemies/teammates and that the movements are really odd that makes a lot of fun see here.

so that means that the inclusion of the player animations in 4.2 are the biggest noticeable change for the regular UrT user in combination with player skins.
So its nice that you share your "current work of progress" with the community especially with the knowledge that many members don't know how much work it needs to do that.

here some bugs
0.10 = the hand disappears in the leg
0.11 - 0.19 = (standing) the weapons are disappearing in the other leg on cycling
0.32 - 0.45 = (running) the weapons are disappearing in right arm
1.20 - 1.24 = (crouching) the weapons are disappearing in the leg cycling + reloading

generally there is more aggressiveness needed because most situations are fighting situations and when not nobody will see it (only teammates) eventually the knife should be more at eye level and the glock holded with 2 hands in running mode sideways. (glock running looks good for jumpmaps but to less aggressive for fights) and I think the reported backwards running from others here is a part of the glock holding in combination with the disproportional arms.

and thanks for the informational reply on page one.

BenQ-XL2420T|Filco-Ninja-TKL-MXRed|Logitech-G403|AKG-K70201000010 01101100 01110101 01110100 01010010 01100001 01110101 00100100 01100011 01101000~The quieter you become, the more you are able to hear.~

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942