I raise komodo dragons in my spare time

#12 User is offline   thewonderboy Icon

• Account: thewonderboy

Posted 26 April 2012 - 07:00 AM

View PostSilverFoxZ, on 24 April 2012 - 03:33 PM, said:

New crysis gameplay trailer thingy :3

Oh yes, Was just about to post it.

Love the frog in the begining :cool:

Crysis is possibly the ONLY series I would ever buy just for SP.

Also article, hype or not ? Small piece of truth pherhaps ?

Crytek Aiming For “The Best Looking Game That’s Ever Been Made,” DX11 Graphics Running on Consoles

See the lovely Mrs. Search Function?
She wants to make out with you.
~OOM91

Jelly? Yes very jelly... in fact, I am * jam. No amount of sandwich spread can express my emotions.
~IIL_NODERUS

#13 User is offline   SilverFoxZ Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: silverfoxz

Posted 26 April 2012 - 02:30 PM

Yeah but i always prefered fighting Humans over Aliens in Crysis :p
And in the new trailer there are only Aliens D:

#14 User is offline   Nitro Icon

•   QA member   
  • Account: nitro
  • Main tag: |PWNY|

Posted 01 May 2012 - 05:09 PM

so how many people tried out the beta weekend for Guild Wars 2? :D
Lian Li pc-o11dw Der 8auer Edition · Gigabyte x570 Aorus Xtreme · AMD Ryzen 9 5950x 16-Core
32GB DDR4 3600MHz CL15 · 2TB Seagate FireCuda 530 NMVE · 16GB Radeon RX 6900XT Liquid Cooled

#15 User is offline   thewonderboy Icon

• Account: thewonderboy

Posted 02 May 2012 - 07:26 AM

View PostSilverFoxZ, on 26 April 2012 - 02:30 PM, said:

Yeah but i always prefered fighting Humans over Aliens in Crysis :p
And in the new trailer there are only Aliens D:

I like both, humans gave some of the feeling that you are indeed a super soldier (that C2 tried to make nanosuite 2 to be) and gave you bit of "classics" choices for tactics.

But aliens gave you a good match for some pretty chalenging combat. Hopefully C3 includes some sort of horde/defence COOP where you defend againts aliens, would be so fkn rad :ohmy:

Nope, I am pretty much FPS-only guy :sleep:
Diablo, Starwars battlefront and burnout being few exceptions.

See the lovely Mrs. Search Function?
She wants to make out with you.
~OOM91

Jelly? Yes very jelly... in fact, I am * jam. No amount of sandwich spread can express my emotions.
~IIL_NODERUS

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#16 User is offline   Mr Bean Icon

•   former FS member   
    Texture Artist
  • Account: mrbean

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:43 PM

View Postthewonderboy, on 18 April 2012 - 07:57 AM, said:

I usualy exclude UrT from my lists on Urt forums because it would be too captainobvious.jpeg worthy statement :rolleyes:

But we're UrT developers. We can't help it!

I don't know if they'll be good, and I've never played the previous games in these two series, but what about Diablo III and Prey 2?

And of course, UrT HD!

#17 User is offline   SilverFoxZ Icon

•   QA member   

Posted 02 May 2012 - 01:43 PM

#18 User is offline   Speckknoedelsup Icon

Posted 02 May 2012 - 05:47 PM

View PostNITRO, on 01 May 2012 - 05:09 PM, said:

I did.

I made a big mistake cause i jumped on the hype train before, so for me it was a bit of a letdown.
It was not as good as i hoped for and there is one main reason for it:

GW2 tries to make skill more important by implementing dodge and proffesion combos and all that good jazz, which is the right idea but imho it is not idealy executed.
In order to make skill a bigger factor in fights, you have to be able to properly dodge out of enemy attacks and in order to do that you need to see that you get targeted and still have a short period of time to react to it by dodging.
Very often for me it was impossible to realise in time that i was targeted in big fight due to particle effects and mulitple opponents sticking within each other, in a 1v1 in PvE there often wasn't enough time between the enemys hit animation starting and finishing for me to effectivly dodge out of it.
So very often i would dodge way to late, so i ended up usign dodge more spammy or as a way to increase a gap between me and my opponent.

Melee combot with the thief in PvE is not rewarding enough, it is much harder to pull off than staying ranged but doesn't do respectivly more damage for its difficulty. Other melee classes are either harder to bring down (guardian,warrior) or have more damage negating abilitys (mesmer with sword/sword).

Big fights do indeed become into a button meshing, which is fun nevertheless.

However there are 2 big + points for me:
.) dynamic events (i mean the orange cycles) are indeed great fun
.) WvWvW OMG THATS SO FUN !!!
This game is worth bying just for WvWvW omg that was so epic,
i only tried it out on the last day, and it was an awesome expierience.
Playing RED on the central map, blue was holding big central castle, the rest of the map was pretty much equaly spread up. People where friendly and actually tried to organize stuff. I spent every coin i had on siege weapons. both RED and GREEN tried to get the main caste but blue was defending great. After 3 hours of we managed to take it. Blue congratualed us with the words "well done red, now try to defend vs 2 opponents". And we DID, until the end of the beta we worked relentlessly holding that castle against 2 opponents using them against each other, we actually gave up gates so that both teams would arive in the central at the same time and start fighting each other, so we only had to deal with the rest.
WvWvW is great !!

Downpoint of WvWvW, well with the thief its hard to use melee in WvWvW the only way i could do it is pulling one enemy out of the opposing zerg with scorpion wire, for the most part it was AoE spamming.

Graphicly and details of the world are great, i haven't spotted any copy and paste stuff, but i am not very interested in graphics, gameplay is what matters for me.

Since i have prepurchased i will definitly play it, but mostly WvWvW until i get bored, would be great to have a UrT guild for that.

That was a long reply sry :)

EDIT:
2 more things:

Grind: GW2 for the win, i never felt i was grinding, actually most of the times i never even noticed a level up, i only tried to unlock my weapon skills quickly.
Gold sinks: i was concerned GW2 won't have proper gold sinks, it took me 10 minutes in WvWvW to spend all the coin i previously got in 2 days PvE, then i actually had to grind a bit to get more SIIIIIIIIIEEEEEEEEEEEGGGGGGEEEEEEE Weapons.
WvWvW is the biggest gold sink imho, and its so fun everyone will sink money there.

This post has been edited by Speckknoedelsup: 02 May 2012 - 05:53 PM

#20 User is offline   SilverFoxZ Icon

•   QA member   

Posted 02 May 2012 - 08:54 PM

I bet they just replaced the models/textures from BO with futuristic looking models/textures and call it BO2.

• (8 Pages)
  • +
  • Last »
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942