• +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

urt on appstore Rate Topic: -----

mac side of things

#1 User is offline   KarlMariaSeeberg Icon

Posted 30 August 2013 - 05:54 PM

hello,

i was wondering if fs considered adding urt to apple's appstore...

it might have been suggested in an old urt hd thread that can't be displayed anymore. .

you need to pay 99$/year and that's it .. at least that what they tell us here: https://developer.ap...stribution.html

or maybe i am missing something here and you guys can't do that for legal reasons ..

i'd be happy to donate .. if money is the reason:)

so long

karl
if you don't like uptown, you are basically hating urban terror.

#2 User is offline   Fredrik Icon

•   verified donor   
  • Account: fredrik

Posted 31 August 2013 - 02:01 AM

99$ a year doesn't seem like much. o':

#4 User is offline   KarlMariaSeeberg Icon

Posted 31 August 2013 - 02:17 PM

okay,

i am not sure what you are telling me here, frankie.

yes, you'd like to see urt 4.2.015 on the appstore but you don't have the time to go to the whole registering and legal process?

yes, it's a good idea but ... ?

if i can be of any help here, let me know.

i feel that more and more players drop out of 4.1 and don't pop up in 4.2 and that's just sad,

i think that urt's mac community is just too damn small and the appstore would be a chance to reach out to people without forcing them to install any additional software (s.a. steam)

there are not many mac resource sites anymore (at least that's the way i see it) and if you find one they usually just link their downloads to the appstore...

if you take a look at what the appstore is offering games-wise it's just mighty ridiculous .. urt would have hardly any competition there..

This post has been edited by KarlMariaSeeberg: 31 August 2013 - 03:22 PM

#5 User is offline   Noxtty8 Icon

• Account: noxtty8

Posted 31 August 2013 - 05:14 PM

Well Frozen Sand always been clear that if you feel the need to help, joining the Frozen Sand team is the best way to do it. They do what they can do :p

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#7 User is offline   KarlMariaSeeberg Icon

Posted 31 August 2013 - 06:10 PM

View PostNoxtty8, on 31 August 2013 - 05:14 PM, said:

Well Frozen Sand always been clear that if you feel the need to help, joining the Frozen Sand team is the best way to do it. They do what they can do :p

i could make coffee for fs .. but that's about it when it comes to my video game creation skillset.

#8 User is offline   KarlMariaSeeberg Icon

Posted 31 August 2013 - 06:20 PM

View PostFrankie V, on 31 August 2013 - 05:27 PM, said:

Humm well it's a lot of the little things that goes along with an idea that usually needs to be worked out and usually requires a lot of work from a member of the team who is also working on some other aspect of the game it's self.

Let's take YouTube and revenue sharing for example.

Simple in concept. We make a few videos of our game and YouTube shares revenue made from the ads they place on our content based on the number of views.

Nice until you find out they want poof of license of all assets and applications used to make the content along with a DNA sample. This is understandable as proper IP ownership is a huge concern for major points of distribution and most will not touch a product like Urban Terror with out clear ownership.

Lets say you make a video and use a piece of music from your favorite band and it goes viral. Who should get the bucks you or your favorite band that you did not ask to use their music?

Here is another example in writing and is typical of the IP problem we face today with out clear ownership.

http://photos.walmar...copyrightpolicy

Besides.

The app here is not the game but the updater and that still needs a lot of work before we even approach places like Steam or The App Store. ;)

so you are saying there are lots and lots of assets you don't own the copyrights to? i assume maps and textures and whatnot? so someone would have to sit down and try to get in touch with all former fs devs and make them sign some sort of agreement to hand over those rights to fs?

though i don't understand this entirely, you mentioned that the actual product would be the updater and not the game..

shouldn't it be much easier to acquire those rights since it's the current dev team that created the updater? shouldn't you own those already?

can you shed some light on what exactly you would haveto change in order to make the updater available on the appstore?

#10 User is offline   Runamuk Icon

• Account: runamuk

Posted 31 August 2013 - 11:40 PM

Why can't FS require all work on game code or maps become the property of FS for inclusion in future releases? If you aren't ok with giving your map to the game then don't make a map for the game. It always sucked to lose the greatest classic maps because they couldn't be updated and the mapper wasn't around to grant permission. Nobody is getting paid for the work so why can't the maps belong to the game and not the mapper?

This post has been edited by Runamuk: 31 August 2013 - 11:40 PM

• (2 Pages)
  • +
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • You cannot reply to this topic

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942