Posted 07 February 2014 - 03:05 PM

View PostMASSmurderER, on 07 February 2014 - 11:31 AM, said:

respect! :cool:

Lol @ your avatar!
dmaHD developer | engine developer | crazy person

#103 User is offline   thYp Icon

• Account: thyp

Posted 07 February 2014 - 04:44 PM

If delivered as promised, sounds like a damn good comeback reason for me ;)

#104 User is offline   ButterdBread Icon

•   verified user   

Posted 09 February 2014 - 02:05 AM

i'm so looking forward to this :)
It's going to be amazing

#105 User is offline   lyurh Icon

• Account: lyurh
  • Main tag:

Posted 09 February 2014 - 02:11 PM

I'm so excited :d

bullet_loaderAdvertisement

#106 User is offline   Megalodon Icon

• Account: megalodon

Posted 09 February 2014 - 02:51 PM

I E> urt.
(Yes I had to be different and I used a different love emote)

#107 User is offline   Glock Icon

• Account: glock

Posted 09 February 2014 - 09:50 PM

put me down as a tester!

View PostMegalodon, on 09 February 2014 - 02:51 PM, said:

I E> urt.
(Yes I had to be different and I used a different love emote)

welcome to urbanterror

#108 User is offline   illmatic Icon

• Account: illmatic

Posted 09 February 2014 - 10:05 PM

Woah!

I've been playing for a long time, like since before there were any servers around and I had to play with the UMP versus bots on streets, (aliases: Samalander, mudman, illmatic, acrm on euro servers [hi docdude & dust2dawn ppl!], many smurf names for late night CTF) and these are some radical changes that deal with pretty fundamental parts of the game.

On the spray changes:
I'd like some more information about what exactly is changing here. Probably a good thing, given how crazy spray has been since 2.x.

On the sr8 changes:
This is interesting.

If my memory serves, movement penalty and unzoom were added to the SR8 because sniper camping was perceived as a huge issue, especially the way some of the popular maps (turnpike, casa) were designed. Running around with a team full of SR8s and/or quick-zooming with SR8 as your primary weapon was more powerful than it should be for balance between weapons. Good snipers were considered gods of match play, at least in the USA leagues. This was the period of Vendetta, Tarquin, crazyhedgehog and the <NoX> team gaining fame -- plus plenty of other, less famous but equally or more skilled snipers. Anyone remember Scizm?

The most terrifying sniper I've ever faced was in clan exile. Fusion, I think. He was the only sniper I've ever played against who was faster than I, every time. And he played mostly during the period of movement penalty. I would be terrified of facing him without movement penalty on the SR8.

Last time the movement penalty was removed, during the GOSU 'patch', I logged onto a server running Casa. I jumping-headshotted Whisperz from BoS as he was charging down to the market from old alley. Three rounds in a row. I'd like to see what kind of behaviour the developers have implemented to keep the SR8 from becoming crazy OP.

On the SPAS change:
Yay! A use for the SPAS. So happy!!!! I wonder if this means starting with a SPAS like the one update where the spas was the best midrange weapon, beating out autos with the kickback on-hit and damage output, and then tweaking from there to get to a place where one-hit no-kev closeup is a kill, it's possible to unzoom SR8s from a long distance, but autos still beat spas mid-long range.

Anyways, interesting! I'd like to try playing at least once to see what it's like when it's released.
[ a.k.a. Samalander, themudman, acrm ]

#109 User is offline   p5yc0runn3r Icon

•   former FS member   
    Engine Developer
  • Account: p5yc0runn3r

Posted 09 February 2014 - 11:38 PM

BETA released: Link
dmaHD developer | engine developer | crazy person

#110 User is offline   beautifulNihilist Icon

•   verified user   

Posted 09 February 2014 - 11:41 PM

View Postillmatic, on 09 February 2014 - 10:05 PM, said:

Last time the movement penalty was removed, during the GOSU 'patch', I logged onto a server running Casa. I jumping-headshotted Whisperz from BoS as he was charging down to the market from old alley. Three rounds in a row. I'd like to see what kind of behaviour the developers have implemented to keep the SR8 from becoming crazy OP.

This has been a very specific discussion between p5yc0runn3r and myself.
In some of the first QA iterations of these changes, the SR8 had NO movement penalty, and no IN AIR penalty... This makes the SR8 exactly as you've described, and makes the SR8 a pretty dominating weapon.

We have then added the IN AIR penalty back to the SR8 (not quite as extreme), but not on land.
This makes the SR8 somewhere in between these extremes; however the changes in spread make automatics more difficult to use, but with practice potentially more deadly, and the SR8 just became less effective because of it.

The PSG has no movement penalty in air or on land. The PSG can always jump-shot (with pinpoint accuracy) but the SR8 cannot.

I'm undecided if the SR8's buff is too much even as is.

What I'm actually most concerned with is the G36... It's major 4.1 hindrance is it's spread that gets out of control after a few shots and takes far longer to subside than the visual recoil. If this is too easily manageable I can see a pretty clear outstanding weapon, but we really need to play the damn thing before we can pick it all apart.

• (12 Pages)
  • +
  • « First
  • You cannot start a new topic
  • This topic is locked

1 User(s) are reading this topic
0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users

Advertisement

Copyright © 1999-2024 Frozensand Games Limited  |  All rights reserved  |  Urban Terror™ and FrozenSand™ are trademarks of Frozensand Games Limited

Frozensand Games is a Limited company registered in England and Wales. Company Reg No: 10343942